Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next
 Our Next Head Coach 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
think a guy with head coaching / building a program experience is needed. I have heard Kerwin Bell at Valdosta State is very interested. Former Gator qb has family in Texas. He’s built programs to winners every where he has been! Great recruiter who’s great with people and also raising money! Plus a Offense of Coach is key. His Valdosta State team statically is one of the best ever this year while going 10 and 0 his 3rd season. Here are some of their impressive Stats!
52.2 points per game- #1 in all of college football
.80 points per play- #1 in all of college football
His quarterbacks have 51 touchdowns and 6 turnovers
8.2 yards per play
8.0 Per Rush
Average 268 passing and 268 rushing!

Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:39 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat1993 wrote:
think a guy with head coaching / building a program experience is needed. I have heard Kerwin Bell at Valdosta State is very interested. Former Gator qb has family in Texas. He’s built programs to winners every where he has been! Great recruiter who’s great with people and also raising money! Plus a Offense of Coach is key. His Valdosta State team statically is one of the best ever this year while going 10 and 0 his 3rd season. Here are some of their expressive Stats!
52.2 points per game- #1 in all of college football
.80 points per play- #1 in all of college football
His quarterbacks have 51 touchdowns and 6 turnovers
8.2 yards per play
8.0 Per Rush
Average 268 passing and 268 rushing!

This one is definitely one to look at, with the only knock on him that he is at a tiny university. But Fran had a similar beginning before he went to UNM.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:41 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I know this goes against this thread... But I don't care who they hire.

They could hire Kim Jong Il's rotten left testicle, and if the guy can win us games, recruit solid kids, and run a clean program... I'll be happy.

He doesn't even have to be good with the media... As long as he's winning.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Rev...

It is a very odd time to fire the coach going into last game. With his W/L record quite bad, it would have made more sense to let him go after the App. State game. I do think the 2 game win streak slowed down any early ideas of firing Withers earlier. I have no doubt that after the homecoming game with the #FIRETEIS banner flying over... it was close to game over for Withers. I would HOPE they pulled the plug now to begin to look for another coach immediately with the early signing period (this is where we "G5" schools get the bulk of our signees in a month) and trying to hold on to most of them. I really hope they have already reached out to coaches agents indirectly to get a feel for what types of coaches have interest (that is what the big P5 boys do). They get a feel for who truly may have interest and who are looking for a pay raise at current position (gotta really know what you are doing to be able to decipher the difference).

In regards to Withers, it is a "what have you done for me lately" job and it has been not much of anything other than we will be better next season. I felt he had to win at least 4-5 games to really show that we were on the right trajectory. That didn't happen and well Withers decided to go mostly with freshmen building the program up but he ran out of time while UAB went JC/grad transfers and within 2 seasons went from non-bowl eligible to top 25 ranking this past season. I'm not saying going JC/grad transfers makes better sense but in todays game..no body is guaranteed 4 seasons and that has been the case for last 10 or so years. In a odd way, I think bringing in grad transfer QB Williams actually hurt Jones/Gipson opportunity to learn on the job, which hurt this season too. I wasn't a bad idea for in the locker room and things like that but it hurt them being ready for this season to take over.

I sure hope we keep the 34D (love this defense) and have/find an effective offense even if it is the spread, which I loath.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:10 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Thanks for your thoughts.

Would it be fair to assume that your paraphrase statement of "Withers' fate is sealed with the #FireTeis banner", you are of the mind this is meant to satiate the calls for Teis to be removed?

And while I get your feeling about it being odd with one week left in the season, how do you feel about how it was handled... specifically announcing it shortly after the Volleyball team won the tournament?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:28 am
True Bobcat Fan

to be fair, uab also got to add 50 guys in 1 class, and a significant number of them had a year of eligibility added due to the time the team was gone. so, add 50 byu aged players to any team...

just saying.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:29 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Kendal Briles enters stage left.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:42 am
True Bobcat Fan

I got it all figured out.

Art Briles – Head Coach
Jerry Sandusky – Defensive Coordinator (he can be conferenced in during the game on a TV screen on a rolling cart that an intern moves around the sideline…just keep the TV away from the showers)
Marty Mornhinweg – Offensive Coordinator

We wouldn’t win shit, but boy would it be entertaining.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:40 pm
SuperCat

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:

Art Briles – Head Coach
Jerry Sandusky – Defensive Coordinator (he can be conferenced in during the game on a TV screen on a rolling cart that an intern moves around the sideline…just keep the TV away from the showers)

lol this is pretty solid, I think we should plug DJ Durkin in somewhere as well

Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Art Briles – Head Coach

i think move DJ Durkin to DE Coach and we're rounding things out nicely.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Sounds like Ash is returning to Rutgers for one more year. Sucks for those guys.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:

Art Briles – Head Coach

i think move DJ Durkin to DE Coach and we're rounding things out nicely.

We can set this coaching staff up in a cool headquarters building in the San Marcos River.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:20 pm
True Bobcat Fan

in that scenario, do we self-report violations to the ncaa? smpd? hays county sheriff? state prosecutor?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

How about this guy?

https://www.widenerpride.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1313

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
in that scenario, do we self-report violations to the ncaa? smpd? hays county sheriff? state prosecutor?

Batman

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next