Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 2018 schedule released 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 6402
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post 2018 schedule released
Texas State 2018 Football Schedule
Sept. 1 at Rutgers
Sept. 8 Texas Southern
Sept. 15 * at South Alabama
Sept. 22 at UTSA
Oct. 6*Louisiana
Oct. 11*Georgia Southern (ESPNU)
Oct. 20 * at ULM
Oct. 27 New Mexico State
Nov. 3 * at Georgia State
Nov. 10 * Appalachian State
Nov. 17 * at Troy
Nov. 24 * Arkansas State


Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:25 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 6402
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
And because it is the offseason and I am bored, here is many predicted outcome

Sept. 1 at Rutgers (L)
Sept. 8 Texas Southern (W)
Sept. 15 * at South Alabama (W)
Sept. 22 at UTSA (L)
Oct. 6*Louisiana (W)
Oct. 11*Georgia Southern (ESPNU) (L)
Oct. 20 * at ULM (L)
Oct. 27 New Mexico State (W)
Nov. 3 * at Georgia State (W)
Nov. 10 * Appalachian State (L)
Nov. 17 * at Troy (L)
Nov. 24 * Arkansas State (L)

That is right, 5 wins. I could see them losing to USA, GSU, and/or UL and beating GS, Rutgers, and/or ULM


Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:29 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am
Posts: 1023
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
I wish I could be as optimistic slycat...

The first 4 games have 3 away games... not good for still a young team and which ever QB starts. If we can come out of those 4 games 2-2, I'm not sure we could ask for more.

Next 4 games is likely our best shot to win 2 or 3 vs. Louisiana, Georgia Southern, ULM, and New Mexico St. Here is to hoping Louisiana takes a step back with new/late coaching hire and either Georgia Southern is rebuilding while we played ULM close for a while. New Mexico St. always gives us problems.

The last four is quite honestly brutal. Top 3 teams are there and Georgia State continues to improve and they were good last season.

Right now, I'm hoping for 4. We'll have to pull off an upset or 2 to get to 5 wins.

As for our team, there is not one player you can hang your hat on with TXST and say that guy will get us a W. At least not going into the season. Sure am hoping a full year in the weight room will do wonders for red-shirted freshmen and true freshmen that played last season. It did for Dean Taylor 230 to 285, Gavin Graham 210 to 225, Pierce 250 to 285, Hines 210 to 235, etc... Hoping we see similar improvements for 2017 class. We've already heard Foster went from 260 to 285 already.


Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:21 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 6402
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
Bobkat34 wrote:
I wish I could be as optimistic slycat...

The first 4 games have 3 away games... not good for still a young team and which ever QB starts. If we can come out of those 4 games 2-2, I'm not sure we could ask for more.

Next 4 games is likely our best shot to win 2 or 3 vs. Louisiana, Georgia Southern, ULM, and New Mexico St. Here is to hoping Louisiana takes a step back with new/late coaching hire and either Georgia Southern is rebuilding while we played ULM close for a while. New Mexico St. always gives us problems.

The last four is quite honestly brutal. Top 3 teams are there and Georgia State continues to improve and they were good last season.

Right now, I'm hoping for 4. We'll have to pull off an upset or 2 to get to 5 wins.

As for our team, there is not one player you can hang your hat on with TXST and say that guy will get us a W. At least not going into the season. Sure am hoping a full year in the weight room will do wonders for red-shirted freshmen and true freshmen that played last season. It did for Dean Taylor 230 to 285, Gavin Graham 210 to 225, Pierce 250 to 285, Hines 210 to 235, etc... Hoping we see similar improvements for 2017 class. We've already heard Foster went from 260 to 285 already.


I agree with you. I think they win 4-5 this year. I went with the more optimistic 5 because why not. The team has gotten OOC wins on the road Tulsa, USM, and Ohio in recent years so I feel they can do it again. I also agree it is a brutal finish to the season. It would be interesting if they pull off a couple upsets and have 5 wins after Georgia Southern. They would have three shots to get bowl eligible but you have to play the top three teams in the conference to do so.


Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:32 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:34 pm
Posts: 2896
Location: The Lair
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
we win one of the first four
this will kill attendance of the rest of the year
we will win two of the last eight
a three win season
2019 we will win one of the first three
this will kill attendance for the rest of the year
Hope am very wrong

_________________
RALPH, THE SWIMMING PIG, LIVES IN MY HEART!
Bobcat Club member
Blind Salamander member


Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:18 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 12:46 am
Posts: 359
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
I don't think that time and TV was part of the initial release of early season times, but the UTSA game showing a 6pm kickoff on each of the school's sites, and to be carried by ESPN+. I wonder if the local SA crew that did it last year will still carry it and just provide the feed to ESPN+.

Personally I am glad this is a 6pm game as I wanted to stay downtown that night anyway.

_________________
Class of 2007
Football Season Ticket Holder
Bobcat Club Member


Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:44 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7352
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
Canaquedista Man wrote:
we win one of the first four
this will kill attendance of the rest of the year
we will win two of the last eight
a three win season

2019 we will win one of the first three
this will kill attendance for the rest of the year
Hope am very wrong




Seems pretty accurate. Four wins wouldn't be completely out of the question, but not if we hand the reins to WJIII automatically without seeing what Vitt can do. That would be the difference of a win or two if Tyler ends up being as good as advertised.


Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:04 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:02 am
Posts: 444
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
im afraid if we cant beat ull the week after they have to play bama on the road then there likely wont be any reason for us to carry out the rest of the season. they were only given a 77% chance to beat their fcs opponent according to fpi. a loss to them without hudspeth given the circumstances would be absolutely treacherous.

getting ulm on the road is an awful draw (though they have to go 5 of 7 games on the road before playing us (including aTm, hotty toddy, troy) but getting gast on the road shouldnt be bad given the amount of people that show up at their games

like our chances against app only bc of how we played them last year and kind of like our chances against stAte since we haven ever really been fully blown out by them


Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:13 pm
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:50 pm
Posts: 16
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
lancer wrote:
I don't think that time and TV was part of the initial release of early season times, but the UTSA game showing a 6pm kickoff on each of the school's sites, and to be carried by ESPN+. I wonder if the local SA crew that did it last year will still carry it and just provide the feed to ESPN+.

Personally I am glad this is a 6pm game as I wanted to stay downtown that night anyway.

The opening game against Rutgers is 12-noon eastern time on the Big Ten Network (BTN).


Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:59 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:39 pm
Posts: 155
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
Single home game tickets went on sale today.
Does anyone know how to get into the Champions Club for one game?
I see that it requires to be placed on a waiting list and a 3 year season ticket contract. For now, I suppose I will have to sit with the commoners.


Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:50 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 6594
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
I've had single game invites to the club level and suite level before. Buy season tickets/donate to bobcat club and you may get an invite.

I don't think you can purchase single game entry into the club level though. As you said, they require a 3 year contract for those seats.


Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:38 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:45 pm
Posts: 5101
Location: at the neighboring pub...
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
I've seen Champions tickets on 3rd party sites like stubhub before.

_________________
I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.


Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:44 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 5970
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
your best bet is to make friends w/ someone who has tickets. hopefully my friends keep buying because i watch about half the home games from up there.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:46 am
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:24 pm
Posts: 71
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
Saul Goodman wrote:
your best bet is to make friends w/ someone who has tickets. hopefully my friends keep buying because i watch about half the home games from up there.



Would have thought you’d try to sit as close to withers as you possibly could given all your bad takes on him.


Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:50 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 5970
Reply with quote
Post Re: 2018 schedule released
not entirely sure what that means, but no, i'm not a fan of sitting amongst our fans. they mostly suck, specifically at being good fans.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:08 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group