Looking ahead.... 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Looking ahead....
LT Spider wrote:
ULL opens as a 7 point favorite

Considering they beat UTA by 12, if we lose by 7 (or less), I'd consider it a moral victory.

Clearly UL is the class of the conference. We'd need to play a nearly perfect game, while they put in a sub-par performance to pull off the upset.

That said, to date UL is perfect in conference, they're coming off a big win over UTA . . . could be they're ripe to be upset . . . IF our D can frustrate them enough, maybe we pull off the improbable.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:01 am
SuperCat

LT Spider wrote:
ULL opens as a 7 point favorite

I’d lean towards ULL with that line. Kenpom has it the 65th vs 202. Louisiana is legit. Losses have come at Ole Miss, at Clemson and neutral site vs Wyoming. Hopefully they will have a tough time on the short travel schedule and we can hit some shots.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:19 am
Bobcat Wannabe

As usual if any of y'all are in SMTX, feel free to stop by Saltgrass an hour or so before tipoff for some camaraderie and fan fueling. Eat em up! I'll be in a TXST sweatshirt and maroon supercat hat.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:09 am
True Bobcat Fan

32-20 at half

man, we are horrible on offense.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Final: 80-55 Cajuns

FUGLY

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

offense was all sorts of off tonight. We were mentally in it until min 15 of the second half

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

so...what happened to these guys from the end of last year to now? prijovic, king, pearson...really thought we'd see significant improvement and it's incremental at best.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:13 pm
SuperCat

Basically they were 13/25 in three's and we were 3/13. Most everything else was just about even. Both teams attempted 59 shots and they just made more of them. We had plenty of open shots in the first few minutes and they would not fall to save their lives. It had an effect on them for the rest of the game. As for Saul's question, I think Nigel is trying too hard and Nedja has completely lost his confidence. I hope Adams and Gurley get more playing time. I like Blount but he is overmatched against teams with physical guards. Also there were a few shots where the Cajun player just shot over the top of him like he wasn't there. The wheels just came off during the 2nd half. Very frustrating for everyone in the crowd. Over 3000 attendance as well. I think King will be ok. He just had a rough night. Maybe we can steal a game in Georgia.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
so...what happened to these guys from the end of last year to now? prijovic, king, pearson...really thought we'd see significant improvement and it's incremental at best.

King has maintained his level from last season, for the most part.

We just had more weapons last season. Pearson, in particular, benefited from the fact that KGT was always the focus of opposing teams.

Plus, losing Ojai and Bobby is not insignificant. We just had more options last year.

Nedja's confidence isn't there AT ALL. I'm beginning to think he's been Kaspar'd to a point where he's just terrified of making a mistake.

Also, I'm not sure what's happened to Tyler Blount, but it feels like he's just lost his stroke. He's just flat-out not hitting shots, and Kaspar's offense NEEDS a shooter to open things up.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:11 am
True Bobcat Fan

Did anyone else notice that Kaspar did less yelling during the offensive sets on Saturday?

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 am
True Bobcat Fan

He did less yelling during sets but more when they came to the bench. It was just an ugly game against a better team. We were never able to create an offensive rhythm after scoring 4 points in the first 7 or so minutes in the game. We actually created some decent shots but just missed them. Before the game at the BC reception, coach talked about keeping them off the offensive glass. Im wondering if this had an impact on how we got down the court to set up our offense or if it was just an off night shooting.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:46 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I can tell you that defensively, part of what happened is we collapsed inside and dared them to shoot the three. Not a terrible strategy against them, except when they pick your game to shoot north of 50% from three.

Our offense is what it is. Just a product of being outmatched and us lacking enough offensive options. That's kind of our problem--we're easy to defend until some other players become reliable weapons.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

now that we've lost one, can we have game threads and previews back? :sign:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:18 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Cats are 8 point dogs tonight. They don't seem too different from us as far as who they have beaten and lost to in conference. Coming off a blowout loss as well.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:24 am