Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 ***Idaho @ TXST Gameday Thread*** 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: ***Idaho @ TXST Gameday Thread***
DiscoStu wrote:
Is Fran still available....?

Good point at least when Fran lost to Idaho it was by one score....

HOMERUN HIRE!

Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:08 pm
Junior Bobcat

Defense giving up an average of 40 points a game... #Trust the Path

Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

dmccol wrote:
Defense giving up an average of 40 points a game... #Trust the Path

Katy HS has more D1 talent on their starting defense. I wish that was hyperbole.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

meh. i like that the coaches are running their plays/sets/schemes, regardless of outcome.

btw - here's tech and baylor in their first year under the pirate and the rape enabler:

leach took a 6-5 team and went 7-6 w/ a bowl loss (7-5 reg season)
y1: 0 wins vs teams w/ winning record (7w = 23-55 overall)

briles took a 3-9 team and went 4-8 (3 fbs w)
0 wins vs teams w/ winning record (3w = 8-29 overall)

i realize we're not winning vs anybody right now, but just to point out that this shit doesn't happen overnight. especially w/ that offensive line. holy hell - 4 sacks given up and -18 rushing yards.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:06 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

At this point you can't be anything but embarrassed for the players on our O-line.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:41 pm
SuperCat

Petrino's Vandel's went 1-11, 1-10, and 4-8 before this year.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:21 am
True Bobcat Fan

If we do well next season, I'm going to make sure to mention every single one of you who are flaming now. Swiggity, swoogity, Taxman, I'm coming for u

Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:44 am
True Bobcat Fan

Larry Teis wrote:
If we do well next season, I'm going to make sure to mention every single one of you who are flaming now. Swiggity, swoogity, Taxman, I'm coming for u

Define "doing well next season." Personally, after what will likely be a 2-10 year, I'd call rebounding to .500 as "doing well next year." Naturally, I'd love to see us blow the lid off all expectations. But I just don't see us progressing that rapidly. I hope Withers can catch "Lightning in a Bottle."

Realistically, I don't see us on the right side of .500 until 2018. Hope I'm wrong.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:20 am
True Bobcat Fan

this was about 10min into the game:

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:20 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

This is an indictment of the athletic department.

Last year, when students quit going, Denise decided to shake things up since she couldn't bear to see no one at the games. It appears to be even worse this year.

The announced attendance was way over the amount of cheeks in the seats....probably less than 10K.

During the early part of the season, the lower deck student section was full and about half of the second deck was full. You literally could have counted the number of students in attendance for the Idaho game.

I guess I'm a true diehard because most of the potential fans have lost interest in the football program. I've witnessed some sorry teams, but this one is at the top of the list. I hope that Withers recruits his ass off this year, because with all of the players that he ran off, we don't have much chance to be successful on either O or D until we get some depth.

I felt like I was watching a scrimmage or practice when Idaho was on offense. It was a disaster. Furthermore, Idaho's crummy lookin' unis were a joke. They looked like practice uniforms, heather grey from helmet to pants and you couldn't read a single number on their jerseys. Not sure who produced them, but professional companies like Nike, Adidas, UnderArmour, and others ought to have enough sense to know that unis like the one that Idaho wore look like shit. So the Idaho game was at the top of the list on these two issues: Idaho's unis and our O and D.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:59 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Larry Teis wrote:
If we do well next season

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... unlikely. Next year, the year after, the year after, and pretty much any year coming in the future.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:54 am
True Bobcat Fan

HoustonSuperFan wrote:
I hope that Withers recruits his ass off this year, because with all of the players that he ran off, we don't have much chance to be successful on either O or D until we get some depth.

depth without talent isn't depth, but by all means, feel free name the quitters who would have made a difference.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:23 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

WR: Mercer, Gamble, Gunter,
OL: Hoskins, Schoenborn Lambert, Mackey
DL: Readus
RB: Nick Bingham, Hutchison
LB: Kerry Walker,Bo Anderson

Even if one of these guys stayed, it could have made a difference. And by the way, many of these players were our highest-rated commits.

I understand establishing a culture and running off players that don't find the expectations of the program (on and off the field), but when he (Withers) kicks off players for misconduct and then turns around and offers a former FSU player who punched a woman in the face, it's extremely hypocritical of "the path".

Good thing Withers is recruiting (seemingly) well because I am losing faith in this coach staff by the day. The whole "we have no talented football players and need to go recruit them" can only be said so many times.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

i'd challenge you to go through those 1 by 1 and make a case for your statement. very few will have legit arguments. the rest of those guys have zero on their resume that says they can play. they certainly didn't do anything under fran.

gunter - 7 catches in 3 yrs
mercer - 1 start, 28 catches in 2 yrs (would like to have mercer for sure)
gamble - 7 catches in 3 yrs

lambert - 0 starts in 4 years
hoskins - 1 start in 3 years (because of injury), played in 3 games total
schoenborn - 5 starts (would like to have him back)
mackey - 0 starts, 1 game played in 1 yr

bingham - moved to lb on a team desperate for a rb. never took a legit snap at rb.
hutchison - 0 games played in 1yr

readus - gone before training camp. i was high on him out of hs, so i'd like to have seen him play. getting arrested your first weekend in town isn't a great way to start.

walker - 0 gp in 1yr
anderson - 3 gp, 2 tackles in 1yr

as far as being our highest rated recruits, that's true for gamble, gunter and mercer. none of the others were higher than 2*.

TXST1 wrote:
The whole "we have no talented football players and need to go recruit them" can only be said so many times.

there isn't a trade deadline in college sports. the roster doesn't get upgraded til the offseason.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:49 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

My statement was that even if just one of the mentioned guys stayed, it could have made a difference. You noted 2 players as ones you would have liked to have.

Gunter, Mercer, Gamble:
-All at least had a reception; the WRs that started this year for us had a combined zero catches at the FBS level.
-Gamble was class of 2015. Add up your years.
-At least Gunter had a touchdown reception. He was injured last year, so it's misleading to only note how many catches he has had in 3 yrs.

The OL
-We could have used any extra bodies on the O-Line. When your team can't have a traditional spring game because of a lack of OL, any of the guys could have been useful. Schoenborn alone would have been nice to have. I think Hoskins (if healthy) would have played well.

Readus:
-I am aware that he broke the team core values, but as I stated, don't kick off one kid for fighting and then offer another kid who was dismissed from FSU for hitting a woman. It's almost laughable that we offered that guy when Withers says his players must respect women.

The Rest:
-Sure, none of these guys were proven contributors, but that doesn't equate to them not contributing this year. Ex: You state that Kerry Walker had 0 games played in 1 yr, therefore since he didn't do anything under Fran was likely not to contribute. Since Bryan London also had 0 games played in 1 yr - by your logic - he would likely not contribute. Let me know how many tackles Bryan London has this year.

BTW: Per 247, Readus, Hutchison, & Anderson were all also 3* star players.

Lastly, thanks for noting the lack of a trade deadline in college sports. That was extremely enlightening.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:04 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next