Tuesday's Press Conference 
SuperCat

Post Tuesday's Press Conference
This afternoon I got notice that the press conference was up on UTube. Just watched it it. I like Withers and what he will do for the program, but I got the impression that he is so focused on recruiting and next season, he is already looking past the rest of this season. Did anyone else who saw the presser get that impression?

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:45 pm
SuperCat

Post Re: Tuesday's Press Conference
Lets suppose that you are on point, would his focus actually be in the wrong place?

We are getting beat, but I don't think they have quit playing for him. Last year the team flat quit. I would be more worried if that occurs this Saturday.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

If you are asking if he's packed it in, I don't get that feeling but I do get a feeling that he is less worried about seniors getting reps over players that will be here next year.

If Brewer is our best OL to Withers, what does that say for 2 four-year starters in Melton and Romero?

It tells me that Melton and Romero are either having a hard time playing for this type of quick trigger offense (could be the way the OL is coached compared to Fran's system of what looked like smoke and mirrors to me - COLT GOLDEN... this would be a good spot to compare the blocking schemes if you can), aren't on same page as new OL coach due to differences in schemes (not sure but if that was the case, why play them), or other reasons we don't see.

Cattaneo has really been the lone guy that can snap the ball regularly well and personally, I think that is why he still starts. I could be wrong, probably am, but considering how bad we are on OL... I'd rather them see what they have in Lemons, Wiliams, Rowland, Gambrell, Pleschette, and Washington/Pierce.

What is the purpose of waiting until last game. I'd rather see them by 2nd half if game is out of reach.

I know it doesn't sound like the "right" way to go about things but sticking with guys just to stick with them 3-4 games at this point makes no sense to me.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:41 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The vibe of the PC's started in this direction after the Ga State beatdown; since then it's all been about 2017. Our decline in recruiting has been well documented over the past few seasons it seems to be only now that most people are aware of how dim things have truly gotten.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

rtuncap wrote:
so focused on recruiting and next season, he is already looking past the rest of this season

Great so remind me why we started paying him this season? None of us get paid in 2016 at work to only produce after 2017...

Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:45 pm
True Bobcat Fan

So we should fault Withers for having inferior players in 2016?

Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:03 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
Great so remind me why we started paying him this season? None of us get paid in 2016 at work to only produce after 2017...

For bagging groceries at Walmart.... No
For trying to build a winning Program where none existed... Yes

Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:

is it painful?

Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Are you asking him if it hurts having is own head up is ass?

Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I bet his pinhead fits into that cavernous opening with room to spare.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
rtuncap wrote:
so focused on recruiting and next season, he is already looking past the rest of this season

Actually, leaders brought in to turn around companies are paid on day one, nearly universally, as far as I know. Many don't see real results at the bottom line for a good while after that.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:02 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobkat34 wrote:

If Brewer is our best OL to Withers, what does that say for 2 four-year starters in Melton and Romero?

It tells me he's continuing his M.O. of "pity me, look what I inherited. These players can't even compete in the Sunbelt. Thank God I was able to bring in my own Freshman to start being successful."

Interesting that he continues to ignore his own set of values by recruiting against them (the Tech Olineman who was kicked off for stealing, the honesty value, and the FSU QB who punched a woman, the respecting women value).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for second chances for the players, but it makes him look completely desperate to ignore his own rules and sets a bad precedent on respecting those rules going forward.

Btw, Melton is high on scouts lists that have come to TxSt. So either Withers can't evaluate talent properly or NFL scouts are dropping the ball.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Shut up, Taxman.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Don't get me wrong

Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:25 pm
SuperCat

The belt must be loaded with DE's because Melton (admittedly our best OL and still plays) consistently gets beat off the edge.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:59 am