Anyone making the trek to Boone this weekend. 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Anyone making the trek to Boone this weekend.
Just wanted to see if any Bobcat fans are making the trip to Boone this week. If so, we have a bunch of App folk that would be glad to provide suggestions for places to eat, and things to do while in Boone.
Make sure to check out the scenery on the Blue Ridge Parkway travelling South toward Grandfather Mountain. There is a cool bridge called the Linn Cove Viaduct that takes you out into the clouds and they have filmed a bunch of auto commercials up there.
If you are attending the game, just look for any App flags / tents and come up and introduce yourself and you will get all of the food and drinks that you could want guaranteed.
Looks to be picture perfect weather for early November with nothing but sunshine and a high around 60 or so on Saturday. However , Saturday morning will start out in the low to mid 30's so bring a jacket.
Additionally, looks to be a virtual sell out for Saturday so make sure to have tickets in hand prior to arrival. Less than 100 tickets remained on the website as of yesterday.
Welcome Bobcats and Go App !

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:44 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Anyone making the trek to Boone this weekend.
Boone is a great place to visit this time of year... made the trek a few years back. I encourage everybody to make this road trip at some point--it really is lovely.

Unfortunately, I don't think you are going to see a strong travel group for this game. Boone ain't the easiest place to get to and our program is currently pretty hard to watch.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:02 am
SuperCat

I am not sure I would make the trip just to see a game but it would be a nice weeks vacation.

Boone is one of the few areas which provide an even better setting than San Marcos. I have been there many times. I used to compete in the nearby Grandfather Mountain Highland Games. A friend let me stay with him in a dorm at Appalachian State.

I would fly into Asheville, rent a car and just enjoy driving around the area. Mount Mitchell which is the highest point East of the Mississippi, Biltmore House, the Blue Ridge Parkway including the Linn Cove Viaduct. It was the last part of the Parkway completed and once you see it, the reason is clear.

If you can afford it, the Grove Park Inn is great in every way.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:25 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I knew lots of great people from App State when I lived in Atlanta. It sounds like a great school with a good football team. There might still be some foliage that way this time of year. Average high temperature in November in Boone is 54 F. :eatemup:

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Anyone catch Withers note OL Rowland getting more reps but didn't say at what position or who may be moved to backup. He did not say starting rather he would get more reps in game.

Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:30 am