Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 ***Louisiana v. TXST '16 Gameday Thread*** 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: ***Louisiana v. TXST '16 Gameday Thread***
bobcathusband wrote:
On offense you guys are bagging on the calls but there is not much else they can do with the players we have.

i mentioned the playcalling, but you're absolutely right on the options - there simply isn't a whole lot you can do. while i'd like to see some more variations to compensate for the bad ol, this is orders of magnitude better than the playcalling under fran. at least it looks like we're trying to move the ball instead of just running into the middle of the line on 1st, qb option keep on 2nd, pass on 3rd every single series.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:31 am
True Bobcat Fan

silver lining:

the defense played pretty well, considering what they have to work with up front and the positions they were put in by special team gaffes.

four 3 and outs last night, and another two four and outs. when was the last time that happened vs a fbs team?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

Yes, and after one of those "3 and outs" we fumble the punt right back to them, and then proceed to give up 7 points.

I don't blame Withers, or his coaches, hell, I don't even blame the players, but I'm sure as hell sick of the piss poor product this University puts on the field year in and year out.

Where the hell is the accountability, why does Larry continue to draw a salary?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:29 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Just read the last 6 pages of this thread, and already had my thoughts talking about it to my wife on the hr long drive back home after the game (or rather the end of the 3rd qtr...sorry even the 3 yr old was losing it). Saul's early comments really summarize the issues of this team: offensive line. The snowball effect that is the single cause leaving to the destruction of the team. They are just over matched. I don't even really blame them, they are just really young. Jones can't find a rhythm when they don't pride protection. Running backs can't get any momentum when their running lanes close up if they even open up at all. Defense finds itself on the field more and more and eventually gets gassed.

I feel bad for Tyler Jones. This isn't how he should have ended his senior year here, cause he really is a talented QB and yes the single biggest factor to the offensive success, no matter how limited that success may be. I'm still in for Withers, and I feel like he will come through. All of you folks who are turning tail and equating this to the Fran dumpster fire, I understand....but you'll be back next season a day the following after that singing a different tune when Withers finally gets things rolling.

And That's OK. I'll wait here in the meantime.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:39 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

For those dogging the offensive line, let's remember Withers ran off four offensive linemen when he got here because they didn't fit the framework he wants (which is the same framework Saban is using at Alabama), speed and quickness/nimbleness a foot. The ones he ran off were more the 300 lbs hog mollies that Fran wanted for his ground and pound spread option attack.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:

For those dogging the offensive line, let's remember Withers ran off four offensive linemen when he got here because they didn't fit the framework he wants (which is the same framework Saban is using at Alabama), speed and quickness/nimbleness a foot. The ones he ran off were more the 300 lbs hog mollies that Fran wanted for his ground and pound spread option attack.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:18 pm
SuperCat

Bobcat.taxman wrote:

Bull shit. The only ground game we don't run that Fran ran is stretch or outside zone. Go back two years and look at the enthusiasm displayed by OL coach we got from Arky St. He was monotone and asking the kids if they were "happy with their decision" to come to Texas State. It was on of our university produced videos. Fran was a wing t flip the line offensive guy with a little spread. The game had passed him by. IMO TJ also got piss poor coaching over the last three years.

I hope, our distinguished alumni that runs Horseshoe Bay; is making life miserable for Fran.

Oh, BTW I have posted previous times (unfortuntley on another site) how pulling Fran's line was of absolutely no use. They got out in space and did absolutely nothing. You can't run the spread and have that happen.

Fran's staff was clueless on running the spread game including getting w/outs to block in the screen game. It was piss poor.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:06 am
True Bobcat Fan

lolz @ the painfully obvious bias from taxman. all that salt because withers made him stand in the corner during practices. :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:05 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
lolz @ the painfully obvious bias from taxman. all that salt because withers made him stand in the corner during practices. :lol: :lol:

Not gonna lie, I'm not biased at all....I just report the truth. But that did make me a bit salty. 8) :lol:

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:34 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

He didn't lock him in the equipment shed like Mike Leach did to Craig James' kid?

Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

What gets me is Frithers saying he didn't think any of our players came from winning programs...really?

Tyler Jones popped tops and won champion games in Stephenville then comes to San Marcos and can't find his way out of a wet paper bag. Spastic and robotic are an understatement

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
What gets me is Frithers saying he didn't think any of our players came from winning programs...really?

Tyler Jones popped tops and won champion games in Stephenville then comes to San Marcos and can't find his way out of a wet paper bag. Spastic and robotic are an understatement

He said "not enough". Big difference from "any".

Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:14 am
True Bobcat Fan

Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:29 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
silver lining:

the defense played pretty well, considering what they have to work with up front and the positions they were put in by special team gaffes.

A big knock I have on Withers is the bad special teams. He said on Cats Caravan Dallas that his least favorite player is the kicker but that is one of the best players on our current team. Just line up and have Kaba kick the ball. There is no reason to get adventurous on special teams.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
A big knock I have on Withers is the bad special teams. He said on Cats Caravan Dallas that his least favorite player is the kicker but that is one of the best players on our current team. Just line up and have Kaba kick the ball. There is no reason to get adventurous on special teams.

Kaba is the punter, not the kicker. Our placekickers have struggled all year and we have a walk-on starting over a scholarship player right now.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:48 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next