Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 SBC Softball 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: SBC Softball
Saul Goodman wrote:
flipping around and see our girls playing in austin on the lhn.

3-2 longhorns ^4

holy shit our uniforms are terrible. what blind old bat thought this was a good look?

And you thought the gals looked bad. Yes, this is today's game at GS.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I really wish all sports, from pro to pop warner, would stop with the damn camo uniforms. None of them look good.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

bleed gold wrote:
I really wish all sports, from pro to pop warner, would stop with the damn camo uniforms. None of them look good.

Word.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:11 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The Camos are bad enough but with pinstripes it completes the "our equipment manager is blinder than we thought" look.

I also miss the short pants. I'm a fan of the socks up/out look. TXST used to be one of the few teams that did that and I just feel it's clean and classic.

The current long pants, even in the majors, looks like someone is going to trip over their hem any second.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:58 am
True Bobcat Fan

agree w/ that 100% catmom. mixing the camo and pinstripes is a "these are the last clean options we have" look. hate the long pants. loved that we had a whole team of high stirrups before.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:58 am
True Bobcat Fan

8) If you captioned that pic it looks like the players are even thinking "who the hell picked this shit for us to wear?!"

Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

RPI up to 44 after sweeping USA, sneaking into at large range territory.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:01 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Soph Pitcher Randi Rupp is ranked nationally
Ks - 2nd 263
Ks per 7 innings - 10th (9.7)
Ws - 6th (really 4th) 23
Only 9-9 conference (30-17) with 6 (conf) games left they need to pull out the last 2 series to get a good seed. Should sweep App. UTA will be a toss up.
Currently T4th but GSU has tie breaker
A win over Baylor on Wednesday won't hurt any

They also need 3 wins to better 2015s record

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:25 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Apparently not too many folks on here paying attention to the ladies.

They just took 2 from UTA with 1 game left before the conference tourney. They have won 10 of their last 11 conference games. If they sweep UTA they will have swept their last 3 series and the one before that they won 2/3.

They are currently 35-18(14-9) and can be seeded no lower than 4th in the tournament. GS/GSU both stand at 12-10 with 2 games left. They are playing each other. GSU won today but if one of them doesn't sweep we get 3rd. (One could end up 14-10, the other 12-12 or 13-11, 13-11). Now, if Troy can pull off a sweep of USA we could possibly be 2nd (USA sits at 14-6 and we hold the tiebreak); if Troy and us both sweep.
PS - USA being swept would leave them at 14-9 and us at 15-9 (with sweep). They had a game rained out. All would be moot if USA takes just 1 game.

Ok, that's enough. It's very confusing.

Note - They have already won 3 more games than they did last year (including the tournament). Because they do not have the play in game (as a top 4 seed) they will get at least 2 games but hope for more.

Sat May 07, 2016 12:30 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Gals sweep and end the regular season 36-18 (15-9). They will be the 3rd seed as USA won today.

Tournament next week (11-14) in Mobile.

Sat May 07, 2016 4:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Gals are hot

Sat May 07, 2016 6:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If Troy pulls out 1 win vs USA they could leap over GSU because they have that tie break. They do not have it vs GaSouth.

4-6 seeds coming down to final games today & tomorrow.

Some series were Fri/Sat while others are Sat/Sun.

Sat May 07, 2016 8:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXST will take on winner of Troy/UTA at 5:30 on 5/11

If they win they play 12:30 on 5/12
If they lose they play @ 3.

Last edited by CatMom on Mon May 09, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 08, 2016 1:44 am
True Bobcat Fan

The gals likely needed to have picked up 40 regular season wins to be in a serious conversation for an at-large bid for a regional. That would have probably also required 2 wins over ULL and a less embarrassing showing against Grand Canyon. Like every sport every year we'll need to go 4-0 to get the bid this weekend. I wish them the best in Mobile. Picking up the 2 seed would have been huge getting a second buy game. That could have been easily attainable if we had just won 1 game more in each of the GaSt/GaSo series.

Mon May 09, 2016 8:54 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobbumman wrote:
The gals likely needed to have picked up 40 regular season wins to be in a serious conversation for an at-large bid for a regional. That would have probably also required 2 wins over ULL and a less embarrassing showing against Grand Canyon. Like every sport every year we'll need to go 4-0 to get the bid this weekend. I wish them the best in Mobile. Picking up the 2 seed would have been huge getting a second buy game. That could have been easily attainable if we had just won 1 game more in each of the GaSt/GaSo series.

Finishing 2nd would have put us in ULLs bracket. I like our chances a little better in the one we landed in. We swept USA so if we get past game 1 we could be sitting pretty. Yes, the bye would have been nice but possibly not having to take on ULL until the semis sits better with me.

Our RPI isn't horrible. As of May 2 they sat at 49. Just a little outside at-large consideration. New RPI comes out later today. However, I'm thinking a run to the championship gets us nowhere except a "last team out" scenario like the guys in 2010, (is that the year?) although the last bracketology projections actually have us in a Regional - Knoxville. Will check later to see if we are when the new one comes out this week.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/softball/bracketology

Mon May 09, 2016 11:48 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next