Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2008 Southland Conference Soccer CHAMPS! 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: 2008 Southland Conference Soccer CHAMPS!
I certainly didn't mean to bring football into this, or take away anything from what these girls have done.

My point was just that it upsets me that we are pushing for Coach Wright as coach of the year, when we don't even know if he will make it into next season. The fact we are pushing this and not celebrating a team that has actually done something worth celebrating for just really gets me upset.

I am proud to have such a good program at my school whether its football,baseball,basketball,softball,soccer, ultimate frisbee or anything that our school competes in against other schools.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:56 pm
Site Admin

WAY TO GO LADIES

Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:15 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Conner Named SLC Coach of the Year
League-Best seven athletes named to All-SLC teams from Texas State

Anna Fagan received her first-career honor after being named to the 2008 SLC First-Team.

Nov. 4, 2008

All-SLC Teams

Frisco, Texas - After leading the Texas State Bobcat soccer team to an undefeated league season and a 2008 Southland Conference title, head coach Kat Conner was named SLC Coach of the Year and a league-best seven Bobcats claimed places on the All-SLC teams released today by league officials.

Having started the Bobcat program in 1999, Conner earns the title for the first time this year. The Irving, native improves her overall coaching wins to 94 and SLC victories to 67 after guiding the team to its 11-3-4 and 7-0-2 respective marks this year. Since the program's inception, Conner has led Texas State to now, three regular season titles and three SLC tournament championships.

This year, Conner steers the Bobcats into the Southland Conference tournament with a school-record five first-team selections, two second-team members, two honorable mentions and one Freshman of the Year.

Britney Curry was named to the first team with a league-best 21 points in conference play alone. Curry also tied for the top rank with nine goals in SLC games, but totaled 12 for the season, a No. 2 rank in the Texas State record books.

Joining Curry on the first team is junior Andrea Grifo. Grifo posted one multi-point match this season and leads the team in assists with six, tying for fifth in the Southland. Jessica Lewis and Anna Fagan both snagged the defender spots on the first team after playing a pivotal role in the Bobcats defense that dominated the league, limiting opponents to a league-best nine goals this season in over 1700 minutes of action, including 11 shutout contests. At the heart of the SLC's tightfisted defense, goalkeeper Mandi Mawyer rounds out the list of first team award winners. [b]Mawyer, who currently ranks third in the nation in save percentage (.912) and fourth in goals against average (.384), tied the No.1 spot in the record books with her seven shutouts this season.[/b]

Representing Texas State on the second-team is Kelsey Bernard and Freshman of the Year Erica Michaud. Bernard, was the only Bobcat to start all 18 games this season, aiding the `Cats on the defensive end during the week of October 14 en route to a weekly conference honor. Bernard dished out two assists while helping the team to back-to-back shutouts against Southeastern Louisiana and Nicholls.

Michaud is the third Bobcat to receive the honor after Natalie Holder (2003) and Danielle Holloway (2004). The Belton native concluded the regular season with a second-best five goals and four assists for a 14-point total on the team.

Good Luck tomorrow night Ladies!!!!! :eatemup:

Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Quote:
Michaud is the third Bobcat to receive the honor after Natalie Holder (2003) and Danielle Holloway (2004).

i remember when danielle was playing here and if was still here that would be reason enough to go to a soccer game ;-)

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

The girls play Southeastern Louisiana today at 430 in the conference semi finals. Just two more wins between Texas State and the NCAA tournament.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

CUSA would love to have our womens teams....

Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:32 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Ladies won their first game of the SLC Tourney

1-0 over SELA

Playing for the Tourney champ against home-team McNeese at 1pm

Go Cats win that game, and a playoff berth ...

Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:03 am
True Bobcat Fan

good luck soccer team...i need a feel good bobcat team to cheer on for the fall

Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:59 am
True Bobcat Fan

My point is who cares about soccer? Soccer exists because of football. Soccer cannot even pay it's own way. I'm not bashing the girls or the team but I am bashing the sport.

Or did I miss the live coverage of a women's collegiate soccer match on TV yesterday in the middle of all of the NCAA FOOTBALL games? Did I miss a crowd of over 2,000 at a women's collegiate soccer game somewhere in the entire US yesterday? Or I must have missed the crowd of about 600 that will show up at today's confernce championship because I drove by a six man football game and saw a bigger crowd.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:06 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

You can follow live stats of this game on the SLC website--
http://www.southland.org/liveStats/newL ... T_ID=99881

Cats are up 2 - 1 over McNeese with 61 minutes played

Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

chrisattsu wrote:
You can follow live stats of this game on the SLC website--
LIVE STATS!

Cats are up 2 - 1 over McNeese with 61 minutes played

Honest question for anyone that knows soccer (because I don't): What sort of stats do they keep besides goals and saves? Seems like stats would be few and far between in soccer (but then again, I only know that soccer is called football in the rest of the world).

Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Cats held on!!!

2-1 Winners over McNeese.

Season Champion
Tourney Champion
On the NCAAs!

Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
Honest question for anyone that knows soccer (because I don't): What sort of stats do they keep besides goals and saves? Seems like stats would be few and far between in soccer (but then again, I only know that soccer is called football in the rest of the world).

Shots.
Shots on goals.
Corner kicks.
Offsides.

If a team has large advantages in shots, shots on goals, corner kicks and offsides...you know they dominated the game, regardless of the score, which our friends in Beaumont do not understand... :D

Congrats Bobcats! Has the SLC ever gotten an NCAA win? I know SFA got a big win a few years ago in VB against 'Bama. Time to get some more respect at the NCAAs. You fellas figuring a trip to a Big XII school is imminent?

Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:48 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2