Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Conference and playoffs 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Conference and playoffs
Nw St. has to lose all 3 remaining games for Tx St. to get in the playoffs. Don't bet on that happening.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:22 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcathusband wrote:
Nw St. has to lose all 3 remaining games for Tx St. to get in the playoffs. Don't bet on that happening.

Northwestern only has to lose two of the next three. Not saying that's likely, but it's possible.

They face the following:

UCA (in Arkansas, no less)
McNeese at home
SFA in Nac.

It'll be tough for us, but then again, the SLC is a toss up most weeks.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:48 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm just happy to still be in it! That's the beauty of D1AA. We've got 4 losses and still have a shot at the playoffs, which means we still have a chance at the national championship. I'm not saying the playoffs or a championship is likely, but it is possible. NWST will lose at least one game. We've gotta win out!!!!

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

beatomatic wrote:
I'm just happy to still be in it! That's the beauty of D1AA. We've got 4 losses and still have a shot at the playoffs, which means we still have a chance at the national championship. I'm not saying the playoffs or a championship is likely, but it is possible. NWST will lose at least one game. We've gotta win out!!!!

Whoever takes this thing will be first round roadkill for sure IMO. McNeese is the top-rated defense in the SLC and they are like #60 nationally. We haven't had anything close to a true test against a top-rated FCS defense all year.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:05 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
bobcathusband wrote:
beatomatic wrote:

Whoever takes this thing will be first round roadkill for sure IMO. McNeese is the top-rated defense in the SLC and they are like #60 nationally. We haven't had anything close to a true test against a top-rated FCS defense all year.

I'd take my chances as road kill... anything could happen... Plus I like the way we play on the road... also with basically nothing to lose at that point we'd open the playbook full throttle!

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

SS_Classof_88 wrote:
bobcathusband wrote:
beatomatic wrote:

I'd take my chances as road kill... anything could happen... Plus I like the way we play on the road... also with basically nothing to lose at that point we'd open the playbook full throttle!

Me too. Should we stop caring with 3 games to go because if we make the playoffs we would get a tough match-up? Our goal at this point is to make the play-offs and this is a huge weekend for us, which should make us happy as fans as there will be some fun football to follow tomorrow. It's a must win for us and we should all be UCA fans tomorrow as well...

Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:24 am
True Bobcat Fan

Quote:
Our goal at this point is to make the play-offs and this is a huge weekend for us, which should make us happy as fans as there will be some fun football to follow tomorrow. It's a must win for us and we should all be UCA fans tomorrow as well...

the must win was LAST week...us fans(which i assume you mean tx state fans)...the casual tx state fan lost interest a few home losses back...no sugar coating that for this season...the fact that we have a .500 record with a glimmer of hope going to the playoffs doesnt say much..cause either all the other teams in the conf suck or we suck cause we only beat half of them so far...ill go with a and b

Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:57 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

We're all thinking the same thing..Here is my forecast for the next 3 weeks (I hope):

11-8:
Nich over Sam
TxSt over SELa
UCA over NW St
McNe over SFA

11-15:
TxSt over Nich
Sam over SELa
UCA over SFA
McNe over NW St

11-22:
Nich over SE La
TxSt over Sam
McNe over UCA
NW St over SFA

Final Standings then:
UCA...5-2
TxSt...5-2
McNe..5-2
NW St..4-3
Nich.....4-3
Sam.....2-5
SFA......2-5
SELa....1-6

We move on to the playoffs :sign:

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:27 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Geno82 wrote:
We're all thinking the same thing..Here is my forecast for the next 3 weeks (I hope):

11-8:
Nich over Sam
TxSt over SELa
UCA over NW St
McNe over SFA

11-15:
TxSt over Nich
Sam over SELa
UCA over SFA
McNe over NW St

11-22:
Nich over SE La
TxSt over Sam
McNe over UCA
NW St over SFA

Final Standings then:
UCA...5-2
TxSt...5-2
McNe..5-2
NW St..4-3
Nich.....4-3
Sam.....2-5
SFA......2-5
SELa....1-6

We move on to the playoffs :sign:

I like it!!!

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:04 am
True Bobcat Fan

8) just win baby!..........just win....... 8)

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:06 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatjh wrote:
TexasTerror wrote:
Don't forget -- this year's "special" -- the AQ clinches a road game at a Big Sky school TBA. Either Weber State (who could be a seed) or Montana. :D

"Congratulations SLC qualifier, your prize, an @ss whipping"!!

I think Weber State is even better than Montana this year.

i'll take it.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:17 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

beatomatic wrote:
11-15:
TxSt over Nich
Sam over SELa
UCA over SFA
McNe over NW St

Honestly, the bolded part will be the toughest to happen. Nicholls always plays us tough and generally has our number (why? I just don't know). Throw in that it's at home where we have played poorly this year, and it's double tough.

Again, it's not impossible, and I am certainly rooting for it to happen, but it's gonna be difficult. Thankfully, Northwestern has two REALLY tough SLC opponents left on their schedule with UCA & McNeese.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:26 am
Site Admin

At this point I would take it. With a record like that we have no chance of a home game. I think I will call the NCAA committee and beg to go to the FCS motherland. Missoula Montana.

First we have to win out and Northwestern has to lose 2 of 3.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

we are one step closer, after tonight.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Did I say something about a tailgate at Hammond----correction----no tailgate at all...
People gathered, but it was like Baylor, family stuff, which was fine. It was a good game ,because we won. Nice stadium,but not to many Bobcats there.We gave SLU 14 points so we really kicked their ass.Nichols will be a test like they always are-They kicked our butt last year at their house,so I hope we return the favor next weekend at ours.
Are we gonna have a tailgate next week?

Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:50 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next