What should happen to Vick?
Be banned from the NFL for life 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Go to jail for a few years and attempt an NFL comeback 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
Feed him to some hungry pit bulls trained to kill 46%  46%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 26

Michael Vick 
Site Admin

Post Michael Vick
Since it's not really related to sports, I'll post it here.

What do you think should happen to him? Do you think he'll lose his NFL career if convicted? Do you think his lawyers will be able to broker a plea bargain?

I hope the guy rots in jail for the rest of his life for what he did to and allowed to happen to those dogs. There's absolutely no excuse for ever abusing a dog, cat, or any other animal. Especially animals meant to be domestic pets.

This is sad for me considering he was my absolute favorite college player back in '98/'99/'00 in my freshman and sophomore years. Now he is just a worthless thug and dog murderer to me.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:05 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Michael Vick
treacherous wrote:

What do you think should happen to him? Do you think he'll lose his NFL career if convicted? Do you think his lawyers will be able to broker a plea bargain?

I hope the guy rots in jail for the rest of his life for what he did to and allowed to happen to those dogs. There's absolutely no excuse for ever abusing a dog, cat, or any other animal. Especially animals meant to be domestic pets.

This is sad for me considering he was my absolute favorite college player back in '98/'99/'00 in my freshman and sophomore years. Now he is just a worthless thug and dog murderer to me.

You should probably wait to see if he is proven guilty!

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:15 am
True Bobcat Fan

treacherous wrote:

I remember in the 2000 National Championship game, I was the only one cheering for VTech against Florida State in a room with about 45 people. I kept saying "just check out Vick"....and boom, a big play, then another. Sad to see what lurks in the shadows of a man's character.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:22 am
Site Admin

Innocent until proven guilty. He has a right to due process. He doesnt have a right to play football. Suspended until the legal system can work itself out.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:22 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The man's a pig and has been long before this mess. Has anyone watched the news the past few years? The man's a menace to society. BUT, and it seems to be the only important thing, if he wins, John Q Public could care less. So although I feel he should be locked up for all of his idiocy up to this point, he'll play this season.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:41 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The man's a pig and has been long before this mess. Has anyone watched the news the past few years? The man's a menace to society. BUT, and it seems to be the only important thing, if he wins, John Q Public could care less. So although I feel he should be locked up for all of his idiocy up to this point, he'll play this season.

Would the "Boo's" be louder than for Barry Bonds? From me, yes.

You're a master of Karate!
And Friendship.
For everyone.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOwmgTvQNl0

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:44 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SWT85 wrote:

Not in Atlanta if he wins...

Neil Boortz has been railing on this thug on his show, broadcast out of Atlanta, for the past couple of years. Fans just don't care about any of this mess, as long as the team wins.

Last edited by SWT85 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:46 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Kenebkt wrote:
treacherous wrote:

You should probably wait to see if he is proven guilty!

Doesn't matter. NFL can do whatever they want, they are a private entity. I'm happy they took the initiative here. The courts may or may not. (Doubtful)

There are some GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY people who have been let off with nothing. High priced lawyers unfortunately control the world, not the law.

And Friendship.
For everyone.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:47 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Migiddy wrote:
SWT85 wrote:

Neil Boortz has been railing on this thug in on his show, broadcast out of Atlanta, for the past couple of years. Fans just don't care about any of this mess, as long as the team wins.

This is Atlanta we're talking about... :?

And Friendship.
For everyone.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:48 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SWT85 wrote:
Migiddy wrote:
SWT85 wrote:

Neil Boortz has been railing on this thug in on his show, broadcast out of Atlanta, for the past couple of years. Fans just don't care about any of this mess, as long as the team wins.

This is Atlanta we're talking about... :?

Don't disagree, and am playing devil's advocate, but remember Michael Irvin? Nate Newton? Still loved dearly in Dallas...and by me. Forgive and forget in the NFL...if you win.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:55 am

If he is found guilty and goes to prison no one will ever pick him up again and he will likely be banned from the league. Once the court process has finished and if he is found not guilty then there is a chance but I still think it is iffy whether a team would take a chance just because of the horrible press.
I think Vick will spend the rest of his life looking for the real dog fighter like OJ is looking for the real killer. :lol:

DROPOUT CLASS OF '82Image

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I think he should take a year off from the NFL, pay a HUUUUGE fine (something that would actually hurt him, i.e. multi-million dollar) and go on probation for 1-5 years.

Then after his year long trial he can go back to the NFL and continue whatever the hell he was doing.

I know dog fighting is pretty horrible and cruel, but I think to the "dog-fighting type", they think animals are just animals and humans should have complete control over them and their lives are pretty much worthless. It's hard for a lot of people to wrap their heads around that because they have personal biases, but you have to look at the situation from the way that those involved saw it. They didn't fight or kill those dogs to purposely be cruel, but rather as a business with entertainment value. And killing (electrocuting) the dogs, not for fun, but rather just to put them out of their misery or to clear kennel space for another dog. Again, it's hard for certain people to accept that fact, but it's what I think was going on...so there ya go.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Vick is screwed no matter how you look at it. The question seems to be not whether he was involved in dog fighting, but rather to what extent he was. Was he blissfully unaware of the actions taking place on his property (doubt it), or was he an active participant/leader (more likely)? Either way, he is in deep doo-doo legally.

Suffice it to say that his football career is over. Irvin & Newton survived their problems for a couple of reasons: the NFL was not run by Goodell who is hell-bent on making players act like the role models they are, and those were "just drug problems". People can forgive addiction because it is perceived as being somewhat out of the culprit's control. They won't forgive brutal actions made when the culprit was of sound mind.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:35 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Oh man!!! Wish we could lay down some bets here!!! So far he's been asked to stay away from camp, NFL is only testing the waters, but the season is over a month away, and my guess is attorneys will resolve this, even if it is the fed we're talking about here, and he'll suit up to alot of 1st week boos opening week, or somewhere in the Sep/Oct time frame. After his 1st win all will be forgotten...

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:39 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Has he been convicted of anything yet? It seems an awful lot of people know what is going on.

What legal process do we have in this country? We have a man convicted of perjury...but its ok b/c he was doing it at the behest of the POTUS. His sentence gets commuted.

We have 2 BP's sent to prison for shooting a drug dealer in the behind and the dealer gets immunity to deal more dope.

Please stop the Vick bashing. Anyone ever see how they kill baby seals for their fur? Pretty brutal. Yea, Vick is a thug. You know some folk back in the day thought Jesus was a troublemaker too! Get off of your high horses.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:14 pm