Best Story Ever...... 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Best Story Ever......
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

From a girl that I work with that went to UT:

"I remember once I had to tutor one of the football players. He WOULD not agree with me that 6 X 8 = 48. I had to draw eight circles and six dots to break it down for him. He still disagreed with me, and kept saying "no, you're wrong". After that, I never tutored again".

Wow.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Best Story Ever......
I know an athlete at UT that took some of the FR & SO level AD-approved classes that are set up pretty much for footballers. These classes are ones that are taught by what was termed "AD friendly professors". Since athletes get to register first for classes, they would fill up the athletic friendly classes. The belief was that the cutoff size happened to be how many athletes signed up since there was rarely ever a non-athlete in the class. She told me about an intro psychology course. It was pretty normal with homework and a few quizzes until the final exam which was 90% of the overall grade. The final exam had a possible score range of 80 - 100. Turn it in blank and you get a B on the test and an overall C grade if you had accumulated a 0 for the other 10%. She said at least one football player didn't bother to show up to even do that so he had to be flunked. Sometimes you are just too stupid to survive on your own.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

achtungpv wrote:
She said at least one football player didn't bother to show up to even do that so he had to be flunked. Sometimes you are just too stupid to survive on your own.

Darwin's law..... :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:58 am
True Bobcat Fan

I took a College Algebra course when I was at UH. I went the first day and never went back and I didn't drop the class either. I made a C. That was the only math I had to take in college.

I've always assumed that there were a bunch of football players in that class.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 pm