3. Jimmy Clausen 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
4. Colt McCoy 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14

NFL ready.... 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post NFL ready....
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

My pick is on Tebow since he stepped into the best situation possible: a decent team on offense with a good defense to back him up. Bradford is going to get slaughtered, Colt won't even sniff the field for a couple years, and Clausen may turn out to be his own worst enemy (although he did go to the best team out of the bunch).

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:30 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: NFL ready....
NFL career? I'll say Bradford, hands down. He's gone to the second best situation out there.

He'll suck this year, but he's got a hoss for a RB (assuming Jackson can make it ONE more year shouldering the load), a young but talented offensive line, (they drafted an LT last year, a RT this year), and their receivers aren't HORRIBLE.

Plus, Spags is a solid defensive coach, so they won't have to be shooting it out with everyone.

Next up is Clausen, who will see the soonest success. He's gone to a team that is really not bad, it just lacked a QB.

McCoy will be a decent backup, but I don't think he's a starter. He lacks height and arm strength to be a consistently successful QB.

Last is Tebow, because he's a TREMENDOUS athlete, but an average QB. His accuracy is mediocre, his release is still funky, and I think he's gonna have a short career because he'll rely on his wheels to get through some tough times, which is going to put a hurting on him.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:51 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
NFL career? I'll say Bradford, hands down. He's gone to the second best situation out there.

He'll suck this year, but he's got a hoss for a RB (assuming Jackson can make it ONE more year shouldering the load), a young but talented offensive line, (they drafted an LT last year, a RT this year), and their receivers aren't HORRIBLE.

Plus, Spags is a solid defensive coach, so they won't have to be shooting it out with everyone.

Next up is Clausen, who will see the soonest success. He's gone to a team that is really not bad, it just lacked a QB.

McCoy will be a decent backup, but I don't think he's a starter. He lacks height and arm strength to be a consistently successful QB.

Last is Tebow, because he's a TREMENDOUS athlete, but an average QB. His accuracy is mediocre, his release is still funky, and I think he's gonna have a short career because he'll rely on his wheels to get through some tough times, which is going to put a hurting on him.

Tebow's release is definitely weird.....but Bradford behind a "young line" won't help any. Bad comparison, but look at all the QB's Detroit has had recently (most notably Joey Harrington and now Matt Stafford), talented guys who could lead a team....but can't do much of that when you are taking 15-20 hits a game.

I agree with Clausen, he has the potential to see the most success in 2010.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'm gonna say Tebow. Just don't have faith in Bradford for some reason. He does have all of the tools but he just appears so baby faced. Don't forget the injury.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Tebow's release is definitely weird.....but Bradford behind a "young line" won't help any. Bad comparison, but look at all the QB's Detroit has had recently (most notably Joey Harrington and now Matt Stafford), talented guys who could lead a team....but can't do much of that when you are taking 15-20 hits a game.

I agree with Clausen, he has the potential to see the most success in 2010.

Harrington sucked, but had great numbers in college. He couldn't land on any other team after he was released.

Stafford on the other hand, met expectations, despite not really being the "stud" everyone thought should have been a number 1 pick.

Bradford will most definitely struggle early on, but he has a running game to help cushion his landing, and a defense that should really turn around NEXT year.

So, I think if you look at success this year, go with Clausen. If you are talking long term, I'll stick with Bradford. He has the intangibles to be a leader, the size, the arm strength, and from what I've read, the football sense to succeed. He just has to make it past the next year, when they get him some help.

McCoy will be a career backup, which actually could be considered success. Tebow I think is not long for the NFL... not as a QB at least.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

1. Bradford
2. Clausen
3. Tebow
4. McCoy

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:24 pm
Site Admin

I gotta vote for Tebow because, even though he went to Florida, and I hate UF, he is a Bronco now. That erases his UF past and wonky mechanics for me.

:-)

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I've got nothing to say about Bradford, Clausen or Tebow.
But to the one person out there that said McCoy, you are living in a dream world. The kid doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:58 am