Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 OK...Fess up 

Did You Watch the Tex-Neb Big XII Champ Game?
Yes 85%  85%  [ 22 ]
No 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 26

 OK...Fess up 
Author Message
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 3307
Reply with quote
Post Re: OK...Fess up
LCCat wrote:
I listened to the game while with my parents when we were going to and from dinner and then caught the 4th quarter and was absolutely beside myself with the calls for the extra second. A FoxSports.com reporter was dead on with this quote: "there were 24 incompletions in the game. I counted while watching the replay. every incompletion, i slowed down the dvr to see how many seconds ran off AFTER the ball touched the turf. 23 times out of 24, one or two seconds ran off. the 1 time this didn't occur. the final pass play of the night."

What does this tell us?


That the previous 23 calls were wrong. They had it right, when the ball touches something, the clock has to stop. Just because it happened in correctly the previous 23 times, doesn't mean they should make it 24.

_________________
Sam Houston State - Spelling "Cats" with a "K" since 1879
McNeese State Fans- whiney losers since November 5, 2005


Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:46 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 6773
Reply with quote
Post Re: OK...Fess up
The worst call of the game was the phantom pass interference call in the 3rd quarter that gave UT a free 3 points. Without that penalty they may have needed a TD on that final drive.


Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:17 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 6773
Reply with quote
Post Re: OK...Fess up
Casey wrote:
Was hoping for a Nebraska win, but I think Texas/Bama will be a great game as well as TCU/Boise State


I hate the TCU/Boise matchup. I would like to see each play a BCS school. Making the two undefeated "mid-major" teams play eachother doesn't do much for me. I would have rather seen them play Florida, Cincy, Ohio State, Oregon, Iowa, or Georgia Tech. One of them is going to finish the season undefeated and everybody can still say "well they didn't play anybody good this year".


Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:23 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:13 am
Posts: 663
Reply with quote
Post Re: OK...Fess up
x wrote:
Casey wrote:
Was hoping for a Nebraska win, but I think Texas/Bama will be a great game as well as TCU/Boise State


I hate the TCU/Boise matchup. I would like to see each play a BCS school. Making the two undefeated "mid-major" teams play eachother doesn't do much for me. I would have rather seen them play Florida, Cincy, Ohio State, Oregon, Iowa, or Georgia Tech. One of them is going to finish the season undefeated and everybody can still say "well they didn't play anybody good this year".



That is exactly how I feel. I think TCU got jobbed.


Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:32 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 9619
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Post Re: OK...Fess up
sweat64 wrote:
x wrote:
Casey wrote:
Was hoping for a Nebraska win, but I think Texas/Bama will be a great game as well as TCU/Boise State


I hate the TCU/Boise matchup. I would like to see each play a BCS school. Making the two undefeated "mid-major" teams play eachother doesn't do much for me. I would have rather seen them play Florida, Cincy, Ohio State, Oregon, Iowa, or Georgia Tech. One of them is going to finish the season undefeated and everybody can still say "well they didn't play anybody good this year".



That is exactly how I feel. I think TCU got jobbed.


I do, too. But I still think TCU/Boise State will be a good game. I think TCU vs. Iowa or Florida would have been great.

_________________
Forty-Six & 2, just ahead of me


Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:20 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:01 pm
Posts: 1445
Reply with quote
Post Re: OK...Fess up
x wrote:
When I got home it was spurs or longhorns. I hate both. Watched the 2nd half of the longhorns game though.


I'm going to overlook your dissing of my Spurs only because you are a fellow Bobcat. :texasstate:


Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:51 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:01 pm
Posts: 1445
Reply with quote
Post Re: OK...Fess up
I watched the game in public in Austin and openly cheered for Nebraska at a Sports Bar, my fiance threatened to leave me there if UT lost and i got jumped...


Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:52 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 9619
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Post Re: OK...Fess up
Spursfan20 wrote:
I watched the game in public in Austin and openly cheered for Nebraska at a Sports Bar, my fiance threatened to leave me there if UT lost and i got jumped...


Yeah, I got dirty looks from the people in that seminary library. My fiance will support whatever team I'm supporting, but she didn't really care. It was just me and one other guy rooting for Nebraska, and both of us were getting dirty looks.

_________________
Forty-Six & 2, just ahead of me


Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:30 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:18 pm
Posts: 1294
Location: Cypress, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: OK...Fess up
I was rooting for Nebraska but I had already been upset with the inability of Pitt's extra point team when they missed what turned out to be the tying extra point. I was pulling for Nebraska and Pitt because I was ready to see College Football BCS Armaggedon.

_________________
"Ever make a grown man cry? We do it every week!" -Texas State Loud Crowd


Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:44 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:16 pm
Posts: 1894
Location: Hurst, TX.
Reply with quote
Post Re: OK...Fess up
I did and ROOTED LIKE HELL FOR THE HUSKERS!!!


Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:25 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:56 pm
Posts: 6404
Location: Cedar Park
Reply with quote
Post Re: OK...Fess up
LCCat wrote:
I was rooting for Nebraska but I had already been upset with the inability of Pitt's extra point team when they missed what turned out to be the tying extra point. I was pulling for Nebraska and Pitt because I was ready to see College Football BCS Armaggedon.


Lol. Exactly the same reason I was rooting for Nebraska. Say all you want about that last second, Nebraska still screwed up royally in the minute previous to that second.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:21 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group