OK...Fess up 

Did You Watch the Tex-Neb Big XII Champ Game?
Yes 85%  85%  [ 22 ]
No 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 26

OK...Fess up 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
Post OK...Fess up
How many people made sure to watch the Texas-Nebraska Big XII Championship?... for whatever reason... to see the Horns win...lose... cuz one of the players was from your hometown... you know the family... you wanna see Cowboys Stadium, whatever... but you watched the game.

Com'On Man!... you knoooow you are.

I posted this before the game...

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: OK...Fess up
I am, but only because deer hunting took priority for 1 game against a crappy UTPA basketball team.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I went to the basketball game (probably only person here that can say that) and got dragged to sights and sounds. I don't have cable and only have two channels. When I got home it was spurs or longhorns. I hate both. Watched the 2nd half of the longhorns game though. They have to be the luckiest team in the country.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:07 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
I went to the basketball game (probably only person here that can say that) and got dragged to sights and sounds. I don't have cable and only have two channels. When I got home it was spurs or longhorns. I hate both. Watched the 2nd half of the longhorns game though. They have to be the luckiest team in the country.

No, I was there too, and I went to Austin to watch the Longhorn game. I am surprised you didn't see me, there was only like 100 people in the stands.

As a side note, I made sure to point out in my status update that before someone calls me out as a Texas State Traitor, I actually attended the basketball game. How many of their 1300+ members can say that?

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:47 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

This was the first game I watched all season (not kidding).

The family is full of Aggies and I was loving this game up until the final second of the game. Then it was nauseating.

Oh well...

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:14 am
True Bobcat Fan

Who won? :wink:

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:06 am
True Bobcat Fan

My whole life I have been a fan that typically roots for Texas teams regardless but have fallen away from that since we have started The Drive. Now I root against UT. I believe that the people involved with UT are attempting to block our move so I root against them everytime I get a chance.

I caught the end of the game and Nebraska apparently played a wonderfully defensive game until the end where they gave it away.

They kicked a field goal with about 1:30 left in the game to lead and on the kickoff kicked it out of bounds. Ball on the 40 and McCoy threw a 15 yarder and then tacked on another 15 for a horse collar tackle which put them in range for a field goal. McCoy almost screwed up and took to long when he ran a play that showed 00 on the clock but the refs gave them 1 second after review.

Horns won due to an unfortunate end of game give away by Nebraska. Heartbreaking for those guys.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:45 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I was pulling for Neb not because of my hatred for the orange thing, but because I really like Gary Patterson and TCU's style and would have really liked to have seen them matched up against a "shiny" big-market program for the national championship.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

tpopt wrote:
My whole life I have been a fan that typically roots for Texas teams regardless but have fallen away from that since we have started The Drive. Now I root against UT. I believe that the people involved with UT are attempting to block our move so I root against them everytime I get a chance.

I root against every Texas team unless its Texas State, Sammy, SFA, Lamar, TAMU-CC, UTSA, or UTA. I feel the worse the other texas universities do, the better shot we have at stealing recruits or outrecruiting them. But I pull for our conference mates to improve the image of the Southland.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

i did and rooted for cornhuskers like crazy...would lose to see tcu go against alabama....but im thinking the computers will put cincy above them since TCU was idle this week...and would have hated to see a cincy/bama game....

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:59 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

darussian12 wrote:
i did and rooted for cornhuskers like crazy...would lose to see tcu go against alabama....but im thinking the computers will put cincy above them since TCU was idle this week...and would have hated to see a cincy/bama game....

Yup. If my choices were UT/Bama or Cincy/Bama, give me the former. If I knew that it would be TCU/Bama, I would have been all over that. The MWC winning the Nat'l Championship would have suh-weet.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:09 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I watched the game. I think TCU is the best team in the country-they would beat Cincy easy/Texas and Bama-The only reason TCU won't go to the Championship game is MONEY.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Sherwood Gregory wrote:
I watched the game. I think TCU is the best team in the country-they would beat Cincy easy/Texas and Bama-The only reason TCU won't go to the Championship game is MONEY.

You know a lot of people would disagree with you. But I don't. I think TCU very well may be the best team in the country. Too bad we will never know.

I wish they would start slowly and start using a 4 game playoff, I think it would be a good way to ease into a playoff system. That way the top 4 BCS teams would get a shot and we wouldn't have to deal with teams 3 and 4 getting screwed. Of course teams 5-8 (like Boise this year) would still get screwed. But maybe after 5-20 years with a 4 team playoff they could expand to 8. This is all a pipedream of course.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I listened to the game while with my parents when we were going to and from dinner and then caught the 4th quarter and was absolutely beside myself with the calls for the extra second. A FoxSports.com reporter was dead on with this quote: "there were 24 incompletions in the game. I counted while watching the replay. every incompletion, i slowed down the dvr to see how many seconds ran off AFTER the ball touched the turf. 23 times out of 24, one or two seconds ran off. the 1 time this didn't occur. the final pass play of the night."

What does this tell us? Nebraska should be in the Fiesta bowl playing Boise and Bama should be playing someone other than Texas for the national championship. I would have been all over a TCU v. Bama game but a Cincy v. Bama game might have been interesting too.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:21 am
Site Admin

Was on a pre-marriage retreat this weekend, and after all the *activities* on Saturday, a bunch of us went in a tiny little seminary library that had a 20" LCD and watched the 2nd half of the game.

Was hoping for a Nebraska win, but I think Texas/Bama will be a great game as well as TCU/Boise State

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:02 am