Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Favre 

Should he be welcomed by the Packers
Yes, he's a legend and better than Rodgers 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
No, he retired and the Packers need to look to the future and move on 58%  58%  [ 15 ]
Released.....Packers move on, he gets to keep playing 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 26

 Favre 
Author Message
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7924
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Favre
Allowed to return?


Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:48 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7924
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post 
Surprising results. I'm not a Packer's fan by any means, but I sure know that Green Bay will not get to the playoffs with A.Rodgers at the helm anytime soon. Favre's management of a young and inexperienced team is what got them to the NFC championship game last year and within 3 pts. of the Super Bowl.


Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:16 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:55 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dallas, TX
Reply with quote
Post 
Did anyone hear about the allegations that Favre is negotiating with the Minnesota Vikings under the radar? The Packers are filing a complaint against them for allegedly tampering with a player that has yet to be released... or something...


Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:08 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7924
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post 
mc1135 wrote:
Did anyone hear about the allegations that Favre is negotiating with the Minnesota Vikings under the radar? The Packers are filing a complaint against them for allegedly tampering with a player that has yet to be released... or something...



Yeah, they are walking a fine line between the off-field friendship between Favre and the Vikings offensive coordinator (who used to coach Brett in Green Bay) and the speculation of him proding for a release so he can jump on board.


Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:12 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7924
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post 
Looks like the Bucs are going to be the likeliest choice for a trade, but apparently Brett is showing up for training camp this weekend. How cool would it be if he went in there, and wiped the floor with the rest of the QB's (read Rodgers) in open competition and then before the season he bolts to the Vikes or Bucs and say "Stick it, you guys (Pack) have your golden boy. I'm out".


Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:56 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:18 pm
Posts: 2945
Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
Reply with quote
Post 
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:44 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 2924
Location: Schertz, Tx
Reply with quote
Post 
Release him and let him go since they don't want him anymore.


Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:51 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7924
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post 
Love those Cowboy pics, can you imagine what we will do to them this year with Rodgers at the helm?? I honestly believe the reason that he did so well last year against us was because the Boys prepared for a game plan that included Favre, and not him. We'll see if he can improve on a 13-3 record with a trip to the NFC Championship game. My nickel says he doesn't.


When does Cowboys camp open? Today or tomorrow, right?


Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:55 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dallas, TX
Reply with quote
Post 
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Love those Cowboy pics, can you imagine what we will do to them this year with Rodgers at the helm?? I honestly believe the reason that he did so well last year against us was because the Boys prepared for a game plan that included Favre, and not him. We'll see if he can improve on a 13-3 record with a trip to the NFC Championship game. My nickel says he doesn't.


When does Cowboys camp open? Today or tomorrow, right?


You gotta love the way we manhandled the Pack... even WITH Favre...
All I gotta say is, "Getcha popcorn ready... again!"

I think training camp has been going on since last week.


Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:04 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7924
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post 
mc1135 wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Love those Cowboy pics, can you imagine what we will do to them this year with Rodgers at the helm?? I honestly believe the reason that he did so well last year against us was because the Boys prepared for a game plan that included Favre, and not him. We'll see if he can improve on a 13-3 record with a trip to the NFC Championship game. My nickel says he doesn't.


When does Cowboys camp open? Today or tomorrow, right?


You gotta love the way we manhandled the Pack... even WITH Favre...
All I gotta say is, "Getcha popcorn ready... again!"

I think training camp has been going on since last week.




:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm behind on my fantasy football takes then!!!! No to mention my Cowboys Camp follow-up! (Homer Simpson fist shake) Dang BF.com monopolyzing my internet time!!! :-) :-) :-)


Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:50 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7924
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post 
Quote:
Favre has offered to compete for the starting job in training camp, but he said in Sunday's interview that he was told that is not an option.

"It's pretty clear -- and this is what I told the commissioner -- that they want me to go away, stay retired," Favre said.



http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3509944


What a coward that GM for the Packers has been in dealing with the situation. He has his career vested in going with his personal pick in Aaron Rodgers, so he would rather screw that Pack and a living legend than admit he drafted a QB about four years too soon. The only reason Brett wouldn't be allowed to compete is because he would SHOW he is ten times better than AR, nothing against the guy.....he's no Favre or Manning or Brady. He is an average QB at best.


Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:18 pm
Posts: 2945
Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
Reply with quote
Post 
Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:52 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7924
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post 
SS_Classof_88 wrote:
Image

Image

Image

Image










I tried to find highlights on Rodgers on the internet from his college years, I came up with a big fat goose egg. I think even if the Packers don't allow Favre back, Briam Brohm will be their starter by week five or six. He's a more polished QB, and more natural ability.


Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:51 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group