Favre 

Should he be welcomed by the Packers
Yes, he's a legend and better than Rodgers 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
No, he retired and the Packers need to look to the future and move on 58%  58%  [ 15 ]
Released.....Packers move on, he gets to keep playing 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 26

Favre 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Favre
Allowed to return?

Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:48 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Surprising results. I'm not a Packer's fan by any means, but I sure know that Green Bay will not get to the playoffs with A.Rodgers at the helm anytime soon. Favre's management of a young and inexperienced team is what got them to the NFC championship game last year and within 3 pts. of the Super Bowl.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Did anyone hear about the allegations that Favre is negotiating with the Minnesota Vikings under the radar? The Packers are filing a complaint against them for allegedly tampering with a player that has yet to be released... or something...

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:08 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Did anyone hear about the allegations that Favre is negotiating with the Minnesota Vikings under the radar? The Packers are filing a complaint against them for allegedly tampering with a player that has yet to be released... or something...

Yeah, they are walking a fine line between the off-field friendship between Favre and the Vikings offensive coordinator (who used to coach Brett in Green Bay) and the speculation of him proding for a release so he can jump on board.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Looks like the Bucs are going to be the likeliest choice for a trade, but apparently Brett is showing up for training camp this weekend. How cool would it be if he went in there, and wiped the floor with the rest of the QB's (read Rodgers) in open competition and then before the season he bolts to the Vikes or Bucs and say "Stick it, you guys (Pack) have your golden boy. I'm out".

Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:56 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀

Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Release him and let him go since they don't want him anymore.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Love those Cowboy pics, can you imagine what we will do to them this year with Rodgers at the helm?? I honestly believe the reason that he did so well last year against us was because the Boys prepared for a game plan that included Favre, and not him. We'll see if he can improve on a 13-3 record with a trip to the NFC Championship game. My nickel says he doesn't.

When does Cowboys camp open? Today or tomorrow, right?

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Love those Cowboy pics, can you imagine what we will do to them this year with Rodgers at the helm?? I honestly believe the reason that he did so well last year against us was because the Boys prepared for a game plan that included Favre, and not him. We'll see if he can improve on a 13-3 record with a trip to the NFC Championship game. My nickel says he doesn't.

You gotta love the way we manhandled the Pack... even WITH Favre...
All I gotta say is, "Getcha popcorn ready... again!"

I think training camp has been going on since last week.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:04 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat.taxman wrote:

You gotta love the way we manhandled the Pack... even WITH Favre...
All I gotta say is, "Getcha popcorn ready... again!"

I think training camp has been going on since last week.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm behind on my fantasy football takes then!!!! No to mention my Cowboys Camp follow-up! (Homer Simpson fist shake) Dang BF.com monopolyzing my internet time!!! :-) :-) :-)

Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Favre has offered to compete for the starting job in training camp, but he said in Sunday's interview that he was told that is not an option.

"It's pretty clear -- and this is what I told the commissioner -- that they want me to go away, stay retired," Favre said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3509944

What a coward that GM for the Packers has been in dealing with the situation. He has his career vested in going with his personal pick in Aaron Rodgers, so he would rather screw that Pack and a living legend than admit he drafted a QB about four years too soon. The only reason Brett wouldn't be allowed to compete is because he would SHOW he is ten times better than AR, nothing against the guy.....he's no Favre or Manning or Brady. He is an average QB at best.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:52 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I tried to find highlights on Rodgers on the internet from his college years, I came up with a big fat goose egg. I think even if the Packers don't allow Favre back, Briam Brohm will be their starter by week five or six. He's a more polished QB, and more natural ability.

Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:51 pm