Student Support 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Alumni Support 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Mostly Bad Luck 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No Missing Element 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
OTHER 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 20

What does it take ?----Poll 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

It's the reason you will never see The University have a successful football program, an active alumni group, or anything else that might be desirous of a large university the size and scope of Texas State. Way to LEAD guys!

Fixed it for you.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Site Admin

Rick wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
Mad_Cat wrote:
It's Easy to Blame Admin but to be honest if we had half as active an Alumni base as UT or A&M would our Admin even be here?? Until we get a strong, Pro Active Alumni Base we will continue to suffer under these type of administrations.

That's patently absurd: It's the alumni's fault?

Try this on for size: If the admin were competent, they would be working to get/keep alumni in the fold. Instead, they live by the standard "eh, they wanted to leave anyway."

People WANT to be invested in their University. It is up to the admin to show them the benefits.

For an example: Let's look at the alumni association's page that describes the different benefit levels:

LINK

I think that page speaks VOLUMES on the effort the Administration makes to make sure people stay in the fold.

I agree with both of you. It's very catch 22.

If we had a strong alumni base we would run the show like many other institutions.

If we had a more proactive administration the university would build a stronger alumni base.

The administration gets paid either way so the alumni are the ones who lose here.

Strong alumni base changes everything. The admin will not do that for us so it is up to us alumni to unite and forge together. Without that things will never change. This is on our shoulders.

No excuses, Play like a Champion.

Exactly

Alumni from major programs don't sit back and wait for their AD's to act. A&M is a prime example. They pooled funds to buy out Frans Contract. Our Alumni are accustomed to sitting back and waiting for our AD to act. Then playing the blame game when things don't work out. We need our Alumni to continue to pull together if we want our athletics to become the best it can. For example what is stpping us Alumni from pulling together to raise our own money for the Baseball Complex. Yea it's the AD's job but if we want this stadium as bad as we say we do, why not act on our own and help make it happen!!

I have to agree. Alot of our problems stem for Alumni Apathy. Some of the reasons for the apathy does have a direct relation with the administration but alot of these people didnt care about TXST before Teis and Trauth got to TXST.

Eventually we as alumni are going to have to take responsibility for what is going on at TXST. We very well may have to be the driving force at TXST.

Thats said a dynamic leader like the one at App State would probably completely change the culture that surrounds TXST.

The way I see it we can wait for change or we can grab the bull by the horns.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:16 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Exactly

Alumni from major programs don't sit back and wait for their AD's to act. A&M is a prime example. They pooled funds to buy out Frans Contract. Our Alumni are accustomed to sitting back and waiting for our AD to act. Then playing the blame game when things don't work out. We need our Alumni to continue to pull together if we want our athletics to become the best it can. For example what is stpping us Alumni from pulling together to raise our own money for the Baseball Complex. Yea it's the AD's job but if we want this stadium as bad as we say we do, why not act on our own and help make it happen!!

I have to agree. Alot of our problems stem for Alumni Apathy. Some of the reasons for the apathy does have a direct relation with the administration but alot of these people didnt care about TXST before Teis and Trauth got to TXST.

Eventually we as alumni are going to have to take responsibility for what is going on at TXST. We very well may have to be the driving force at TXST.

Thats said a dynamic leader like the one at App State would probably completely change the culture that surrounds TXST.

The way I see it we can wait for change or we can grab the bull by the horns.[/quote]

It's a chicken or the egg deal.

I blame the Administration for alumni apathy, because they have no desire to work to keep people in the fold. When alumni don't feel they are wanted, needed, or even acknowledged, they bail.

You have two sides basically (in my belief): The alumni, who want to be recognized for their donations/actions/input, and the Admin who want people to come give them stuff/do stuff for them, then leave them alone. I suppose since I am in the alumni camp, I tend to place more blame on the administraton than I do on the alumni themselves, because I agree with their stance.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Malleus wrote:
It's the reason you will never see The University have a successful football program, an active alumni group, or anything else that might be desirous of a large university the size and scope of Texas State. Way to LEAD guys!

Fixed it for you.

Yeah, you are probably right. When I wrote this, I left out the I-A part, but successful I-A or I-AA, it doesn't really matter. The school won't have either despite all the hype.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

It's a chicken or the egg deal.

I blame the Administration for alumni apathy, because they have no desire to work to keep people in the fold. When alumni don't feel they are wanted, needed, or even acknowledged, they bail.

You have two sides basically (in my belief): The alumni, who want to be recognized for their donations/actions/input, and the Admin who want people to come give them stuff/do stuff for them, then leave them alone. I suppose since I am in the alumni camp, I tend to place more blame on the administraton than I do on the alumni themselves, because I agree with their stance.

I agree to a point but Bottom line it's OUR Team and OUR University reputations on the line no matter who the AD or Prez are. IMO we should not rely on them to keep or Alumni active and involved with the University. We the Alumni should take it upon ourselves to stay in contact and network with one another. We need to create a network of TXST Alumni that have pride in this University AND its Althletics Programs. So I guess if I were to blame anyone I would Blame the Alumni of the past and not present. They failed to creat this network of true Bobcats. We the present Alumni need to take it upon ourselves to change the culture of our University and the Expectations we have of our Alumni. Just like we made efforts to change the culture of our Students. If we are going to expect our students to show more loyalty to TXST then the same standards need to be placed on our Alumni. We need to make the TXST Bobcat name synominus with Pride and LOYALTY. LOYALTY to out University and LOYALTY to one another. So that we never have to RELY on the efforts of any administration now or in the future!!

TEXAS

STATE

It's a Pride Thing!!

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:26 am