Building a Bobcat Nation!? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Building a Bobcat Nation!?
I was over on you tube since much of the discussion around here has become much to do about nothing, and decided to check out what some of the other DIV I-AA/ FCS teams have in the form of football video. I decided to start with what could possibly be the team with the greatest fan following, The Montana Grizz. They have some awesome clips that I think demenstrate what a history of winning and true fan support can do for a FCS team. Oh what I would do to see TXST build a Bobcat Nation so Proud and Strong. To bad those who have the money to support such a program have to much UT & A&M penis envy to help this University build a similar program.

Any ways enjoy the clip.

Grizz Nation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU7IU2uyDvA

Legacy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EXMPYx65_E

If I had some of the money those donors say they have I would have jumped at the chance to help build the BB/SB complex instead of playing games about Division affiliation. If you want a DivI-A program you have to build it from the ground up and that starts with having the facilities that bring in the players that allow you to win championships. Lets stop fighting and build the Bobcat Nation.

Thu May 10, 2007 11:34 pm

That would be wonderful to have that kind of support, but you also have to remember, in Montana there isn't much sports competition. You got Montana and you got Montana State and that's about it other than several division 2 and 3 schools. When those two play at the end of the season that is their version of Texas/Texas A&M.

DROPOUT CLASS OF '82Image

Fri May 11, 2007 8:27 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

That would be wonderful to have that kind of support, but you also have to remember, in Montana there isn't much sports competition. You got Montana and you got Montana State and that's about it other than several division 2 and 3 schools. When those two play at the end of the season that is their version of Texas/Texas A&M.

I'm going to have to go with Rev's view on this. If we are winning constantly and bringing in the tallent that wins Championships we can build this type of following. We witnessed this first hand durring the 2005 playoff run. Texas and Texas State were having a great season and we still managed to sell out our Stadium. Imagine if the Alumni and AD would work together instead of fighting over how this program should be run. We would have our BB/SB complex and probably be adding to Bobcat Stadium. Imagine the tallent that would bring to Texas State. It can be done we just need to learn to work together to. I've been in support of a move to DivI-A but I also believe having a Powerhouse DivI-AA program that could rival any mid major would make that move easier. We hold ourselves back by nit picking about how the AD should run the program rather than providing support to make things happen.

Fri May 11, 2007 9:11 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXST and UT were both having Championship runs and some how we still managed to sell out our stadium. Winning Championships gives fans reason to talk and fill seats. We just need to continue the winning and make it tradition. I think Wright will continue if not surpass Bailiff in wins. I say this becuse it sounds like Wright is more compettive of the two and I like that.

Sun May 13, 2007 10:26 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I've been in support of a move to DivI-A but I also believe having a Powerhouse DivI-AA program that could rival any mid major would make that move easier.

Not only that, but I think it would be a lot more fun. I'm not opposed to going I-A at some point, but if I-A status was so important to me personally I would have gone to a I-A school. I know a lot of folks see I-A as more fun, more prestigious, etc. That's OK. We all have our preferences. Truth is, for me it's all about entertainment value, and I enjoy I-AA ball for a lot of reasons. If we developed into a I-AA power like Montana, expanded Bobcat Stadium and sold it out regularly, and consistently went to the I-AA playoffs, I'd have a lot of fun. I also think that would put us in a better position to move up like a Boise State or Marshall, not a Louisiana-Monroe or a UNT. In any case, I do like seeing the passion about the program from the folks on this Web site, regardless of their position on moving up. We had that passion in the early '80s but lost it for a long time.

Sun May 13, 2007 11:03 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The AD wants us to be like Montana. Or pick another.... James Madison, Georgia So., App. St., UMass... This is the direction the AD wants to go. Forget FBS.

BTW nice Youtube clips, cool.

Sun May 13, 2007 3:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The AD wants us to be like Montana. Or pick another.... James Madison, Georgia So., App. St., UMass... This is the direction the AD wants to go. Forget FBS.

BTW nice Youtube clips, cool.

If our "Big Fish" would only realize this is not a bad direction at all our program would advance a lot faster. If we get to the point where we can dominate a conference as volitile as the SLC year end and year out,
any Mid Major conference would be foolish not to subimit an invitation to TXST. It would also make creating a Conference like the SWC more realistic. As it stands now we don't have a strong enough following to make such a move. Also being FCS and packing a Stadium over 25K 30K is goint to attract tallent and will make alot more noise when we finaly do transition to DivI-A. We just all need to come together to help make this Team the best it can be. Putting the money up to build the BB/SB complex would allow us to move on and start talking about Bobcat Stadium Expansion. Instead we have nothing but discussion about what every one would do different. Lets support what we have now and the move to DivI-A will happen naturaly.

Sun May 13, 2007 6:19 pm
Site Admin

Mon May 14, 2007 8:47 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

That made me want to go to Montana.

We're very close to having a Montana like following look at the BVN promo. We just need to support what's taken place so far and help complete projects like the BB/SB so we can focus our attention on new projects like stadium expansion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2tezhGjxcc

:flag:

Mon May 14, 2007 9:45 am