Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 fighting in the NHL 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:45 am
Posts: 385
Location: San Marcos, Texas...more importantly...my room
Reply with quote
Post fighting in the NHL
I think that fighting in hockey is freakin awesome!!! It should stay in the sport because well...it is just that damn good. Here is my proof.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leI4I-8tiGs


Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:32 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:51 pm
Posts: 3083
Location: In Exile
Reply with quote
Post Re: fighting in the NHL
bobcat0509 wrote:
I think that fighting in hockey is freakin awesome!!! It should stay in the sport because well...it is just that damn good. Here is my proof.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leI4I-8tiGs


You want some good fights.

Type in Bob Probert.

'Nuff Said.

_________________
Day Man.
Fighter of the Night Man.
Champion of the sun.
You're a master of Karate!
And Friendship.
For everyone.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOwmgTvQNl0


Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:34 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:45 am
Posts: 385
Location: San Marcos, Texas...more importantly...my room
Reply with quote
Post 
This fight is freakin amazing because only 3 or 4 players were left on each teams bench after it was all said and done.



You can also type in P.J. Stock and get some good ones


Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:36 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:28 am
Posts: 1129
Reply with quote
Post 
Probert my a$$. I grew up in the 70's in Philadelphia. Dave Shultz was my hero. If he did not knock someone out cold in any 1 game the fans would boo the Flyers off the ice. Also you should have seen the partying when he scored a hat trick in the playoffs. They just about tore down the spectrum. He only scored 1 goal all year but then scored 3 in one night and kicked the crap out of 3 opponents. Dave Schultz would lay out Probert in under 5 seconds!!!!!!!!!


Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:38 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:51 pm
Posts: 3083
Location: In Exile
Reply with quote
Post 
baseballnut wrote:
Probert my a$$. I grew up in the 70's in Philadelphia. Dave Shultz was my hero. If he did not knock someone out cold in any 1 game the fans would boo the Flyers off the ice. Also you should have seen the partying when he scored a hat trick in the playoffs. They just about tore down the spectrum. He only scored 1 goal all year but then scored 3 in one night and kicked the crap out of 3 opponents. Dave Schultz would lay out Probert in under 5 seconds!!!!!!!!!


http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 7028728c7a

Our panelists agree, with one dissenter, that Bob Probert is the meanest, toughest, best fighter of all time in the NHL.

If Tony Twist not gotten in a motorcycle accident (ruining his career), he'd probably be top 3 fighter of all time, IMHO.

_________________
Day Man.
Fighter of the Night Man.
Champion of the sun.
You're a master of Karate!
And Friendship.
For everyone.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOwmgTvQNl0


Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:55 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 9567
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Post 
Fighting adds nothing to the game except a few teeth to navigate around while skating across the ice.

_________________
Forty-Six & 2, just ahead of me


Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:54 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:41 pm
Posts: 10472
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post 
Fighting IS hockey.

If you don't like the fighting, don't watch the game.

_________________
Texas State University Athletics - 2014-15 Runner Up to Sunbelt Conference APR Championship - Sponsored by Dr. Larry Teis Analytics

Image


Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:02 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 2537
Location: St. Louis, MO
Reply with quote
Post 
treacherous wrote:
Fighting adds nothing to the game except a few teeth to navigate around while skating across the ice.



I totally agree. Fighting is not tolerated in other team sports why should it be tolerated in hockey? It's joke, so I don't watch. If I want fighting, I watch boxing.

_________________
Go Hard or Go Home!


Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:39 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:45 am
Posts: 385
Location: San Marcos, Texas...more importantly...my room
Reply with quote
Post 
I think if they allowed fighting in hockey during the olympics or during an international tournament then people would pay more attention. Plus it would allow for rivalries to spring up big time!


Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:08 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:51 pm
Posts: 3083
Location: In Exile
Reply with quote
Post 
It's OBVIOUS you guys are from the south.

_________________
Day Man.
Fighter of the Night Man.
Champion of the sun.
You're a master of Karate!
And Friendship.
For everyone.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOwmgTvQNl0


Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:47 pm
Posts: 5662
Location: San Marcos
Reply with quote
Post 
what is hockey? a sport by french canadiens? hockey lets the fights continue so someone, anyone will watch even it, its the nascar of the north, northern rednecks watch hockey for the fights, southern rednecks watch nascar for the wrecks, I saw it on t.v., so it must be true


Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:35 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 2537
Location: St. Louis, MO
Reply with quote
Post 
CatManDo wrote:
what is hockey? a sport by french canadiens? hockey lets the fights continue so someone, anyone will watch even it, its the nascar of the north, northern rednecks watch hockey for the fights, southern rednecks watch nascar for the wrecks, I saw it on t.v., so it must be true



You crack me up! Too funny! A great wit you have... :clap: :clap:

_________________
Go Hard or Go Home!


Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:15 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:24 pm
Posts: 711
Location: Maui
Reply with quote
Post 
I'm going to be a Dallas Stars homer here, but Darian Hatcher just plain demolished guys in his prime.

_________________
No matter what happens in life, the can't take away your birthday.


Tue May 01, 2007 7:07 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group