Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 SFA Lands a Big One...Late 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:31 pm
Posts: 9833
Location: La Porte, Texas
Reply with quote
Post SFA Lands a Big One...Late
2006 Arizona Wildcat signee, Derke Robinson has enrolled at SFA and will not be able to play this season because of his status as a partial academic qualifier.

Robinson (6-0, 195, 4.6) played last season at Hebron HS and was ranked as the state's No. 39 recruit last year.

As a running back he was a one time commit to Texas before getting his scholarship pulled for taking a visit to Tucson, thats a no no for UT commits under Mack Brown.

Very nice pickup for the Jacks.

_________________
Questions? E-mail me at
[email protected]


Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:49 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:43 pm
Posts: 341
Location: Bee Cave, TX
Reply with quote
Post 
If he makes the grades, won't he run straight for a D-1 school? Maybe follow Bomar to Houston???


Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:00 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:31 pm
Posts: 9833
Location: La Porte, Texas
Reply with quote
Post 
jtanstey wrote:
If he makes the grades, won't he run straight for a D-1 school? Maybe follow Bomar to Houston???


He would have to sit out another year if he left SFA for a I-A school. This isnt JUCO.

Bomar isnt leaving SHSU either.

Robinson is a damn good pickup.

_________________
Questions? E-mail me at
[email protected]


Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:02 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:58 am
Posts: 707
Reply with quote
Post 
Not that we need any more running backs, but was Texas State ever a consideration?

Not to be greedy, but I do not like seeing other Southland schools get high quality D-I transfers, especially SFA and Sam.


Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:11 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:16 am
Posts: 1165
Location: MATADOR COUNTRY
Reply with quote
Post 
It's all good we are about to be the premier conference for football in divI-aa!
:texasstate:

_________________
TEAM FRISBEE DAN


Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:44 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:45 pm
Posts: 5086
Location: at the neighboring pub...
Reply with quote
Post 
CatScratchFever wrote:
Not that we need any more running backs, but was Texas State ever a consideration?

Not to be greedy, but I do not like seeing other Southland schools get high quality D-I transfers, especially SFA and Sam.


Poor lil SFA needed something... it seems like nobody wants to go to Naco-nowhere!

_________________
I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.


Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:51 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:31 pm
Posts: 9833
Location: La Porte, Texas
Reply with quote
Post 
CatScratchFever wrote:
Not that we need any more running backs, but was Texas State ever a consideration?

Not to be greedy, but I do not like seeing other Southland schools get high quality D-I transfers, especially SFA and Sam.


Tx State is out of money and scholarships for this season.

_________________
Questions? E-mail me at
[email protected]


Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:16 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:34 am
Posts: 2435
Location: Round Rock
Reply with quote
Post 
i thought players who played dI-aa could transfer to di-a and not have to sit out a season, just like they can come down and not sit out?


Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:41 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 2922
Location: Schertz, Tx
Reply with quote
Post 
That is a great pickup for SFA.


Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:49 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:31 pm
Posts: 9833
Location: La Porte, Texas
Reply with quote
Post 
jecbobcat wrote:
i thought players who played dI-aa could transfer to di-a and not have to sit out a season, just like they can come down and not sit out?


He is a true freshman that signed with Arizona in Feb. He cant play this year because of his grades, he was a partial academic qualifier.

_________________
Questions? E-mail me at
[email protected]


Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:11 am
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:46 pm
Posts: 7
Reply with quote
Post 
Brent wrote:
CatScratchFever wrote:
Not that we need any more running backs, but was Texas State ever a consideration?

Not to be greedy, but I do not like seeing other Southland schools get high quality D-I transfers, especially SFA and Sam.


Tx State is out of money and scholarships for this season.


So this explains why Bailiff "turned down" Bomar. I knew it was because of this and not that "we have great chemistry" crap.


Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:01 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:47 pm
Posts: 5662
Location: San Marcos
Reply with quote
Post 
I bet the samsters couldn't go 24 hours without posting on bobcatfans.com.........I thought they had gotten a new forum of their own.......I wonder how many of them have subscribed to the magazine. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:25 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:41 pm
Posts: 10474
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post 
CatManDo wrote:
I bet the samsters couldn't go 24 hours without posting on bobcatfans.com.........I thought they had gotten a new forum of their own.......I wonder how many of them have subscribed to the magazine. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I'm just surprised they have internet in Huntsville. Have you ever been to that place? Yesh, talk about a time machine... it's like living in the deep south during the 1940's.

_________________
Texas State University Athletics - 2014-15 Runner Up to Sunbelt Conference APR Championship - Sponsored by Dr. Larry Teis Analytics

Image


Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:28 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:25 pm
Posts: 3788
Reply with quote
Post 
LokiLaufeyjarson wrote:
Brent wrote:
CatScratchFever wrote:
Not that we need any more running backs, but was Texas State ever a consideration?

Not to be greedy, but I do not like seeing other Southland schools get high quality D-I transfers, especially SFA and Sam.


Tx State is out of money and scholarships for this season.


So this explains why Bailiff "turned down" Bomar. I knew it was because of this and not that "we have great chemistry" crap.


Not really. Scholarships werent an issue. He wanted to go where he could play now. Daddy would take care of school until we could give him the full ride in the spring


Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:09 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:31 pm
Posts: 9833
Location: La Porte, Texas
Reply with quote
Post 
west_texas_Cat wrote:
LokiLaufeyjarson wrote:
Brent wrote:
CatScratchFever wrote:
Not that we need any more running backs, but was Texas State ever a consideration?

Not to be greedy, but I do not like seeing other Southland schools get high quality D-I transfers, especially SFA and Sam.


Tx State is out of money and scholarships for this season.


So this explains why Bailiff "turned down" Bomar. I knew it was because of this and not that "we have great chemistry" crap.


Not really. Scholarships werent an issue. He wanted to go where he could play now. Daddy would take care of school until we could give him the full ride in the spring


That is just about a true statement. Tx State couldnt and wouldnt guarantee Bomar a starting job while other would because of their QB situation.

_________________
Questions? E-mail me at
[email protected]


Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:46 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group