SFA Lands a Big One...Late 
True Bobcat Fan

Post SFA Lands a Big One...Late
2006 Arizona Wildcat signee, Derke Robinson has enrolled at SFA and will not be able to play this season because of his status as a partial academic qualifier.

Robinson (6-0, 195, 4.6) played last season at Hebron HS and was ranked as the state's No. 39 recruit last year.

As a running back he was a one time commit to Texas before getting his scholarship pulled for taking a visit to Tucson, thats a no no for UT commits under Mack Brown.

Very nice pickup for the Jacks.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:49 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If he makes the grades, won't he run straight for a D-1 school? Maybe follow Bomar to Houston???

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:00 pm
True Bobcat Fan

If he makes the grades, won't he run straight for a D-1 school? Maybe follow Bomar to Houston???

He would have to sit out another year if he left SFA for a I-A school. This isnt JUCO.

Bomar isnt leaving SHSU either.

Robinson is a damn good pickup.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:02 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Not that we need any more running backs, but was Texas State ever a consideration?

Not to be greedy, but I do not like seeing other Southland schools get high quality D-I transfers, especially SFA and Sam.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

It's all good we are about to be the premier conference for football in divI-aa!
:texasstate:

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Not that we need any more running backs, but was Texas State ever a consideration?

Not to be greedy, but I do not like seeing other Southland schools get high quality D-I transfers, especially SFA and Sam.

Poor lil SFA needed something... it seems like nobody wants to go to Naco-nowhere!

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Tx State is out of money and scholarships for this season.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:16 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

i thought players who played dI-aa could transfer to di-a and not have to sit out a season, just like they can come down and not sit out?

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:41 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:49 am
True Bobcat Fan

i thought players who played dI-aa could transfer to di-a and not have to sit out a season, just like they can come down and not sit out?

He is a true freshman that signed with Arizona in Feb. He cant play this year because of his grades, he was a partial academic qualifier.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:11 am
Bobcat Wannabe

CatScratchFever wrote:

So this explains why Bailiff "turned down" Bomar. I knew it was because of this and not that "we have great chemistry" crap.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:01 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I bet the samsters couldn't go 24 hours without posting on bobcatfans.com.........I thought they had gotten a new forum of their own.......I wonder how many of them have subscribed to the magazine. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:25 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I bet the samsters couldn't go 24 hours without posting on bobcatfans.com.........I thought they had gotten a new forum of their own.......I wonder how many of them have subscribed to the magazine. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just surprised they have internet in Huntsville. Have you ever been to that place? Yesh, talk about a time machine... it's like living in the deep south during the 1940's.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Brent wrote:
CatScratchFever wrote:

So this explains why Bailiff "turned down" Bomar. I knew it was because of this and not that "we have great chemistry" crap.

Not really. Scholarships werent an issue. He wanted to go where he could play now. Daddy would take care of school until we could give him the full ride in the spring

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LokiLaufeyjarson wrote:
Brent wrote:
CatScratchFever wrote:

Not really. Scholarships werent an issue. He wanted to go where he could play now. Daddy would take care of school until we could give him the full ride in the spring

That is just about a true statement. Tx State couldnt and wouldnt guarantee Bomar a starting job while other would because of their QB situation.

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:46 am