Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 chalk up another win for UTSA 
Author Message
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:57 am
Posts: 142
Reply with quote
Post chalk up another win for UTSA
preseason just ended


Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:03 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14204
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: chalk up another win for UTSA
Good win, but now I'm wondering if Hickey scheduled y'all a bit TOO timidly.

I guess it's easier in hindsight to say "oh, we'll be far ahead of that team by this point", but with the way y'all are steamrolling the DII's, I just wonder if your team would have been better served to get stronger opponents in there.

In the end, I think it would have been near perfect for y'all to play an "SLC-lite" schedule this year. Give you a chance to see how you stack up against stiffer competition. But SLC was rather... dick-ish about how they handled our exits.

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:26 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:57 am
Posts: 142
Reply with quote
Post Re: chalk up another win for UTSA
we will have to wait until the season is over before we can come to a conclusion if our AD scheduled too timidly


Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:54 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:57 am
Posts: 142
Reply with quote
Post Re: chalk up another win for UTSA
25k attendance which is a bit disappointing


Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:55 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14204
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: chalk up another win for UTSA
bugoy wrote:
we will have to wait until the season is over before we can come to a conclusion if our AD scheduled too timidly


Only reason I disagree is the end of your schedule is pretty set... it's conference play. No switching that around.

The only reason I brought it up is because of the assumed massive change in competition from the start of the season to the end. That could be a "culture shock" to the players.

But in the end, you guys are racking up W's, and that's really all that matters.

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:20 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14204
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: chalk up another win for UTSA
bugoy wrote:
25k attendance which is a bit disappointing


I didn't mention this before, but really 25k is NOTHING to scoff at. It's still a great turnout for a no name opponent.

I think that is where you guys will settle (barring early success), which is a SOLID representation.

Once the success comes, I think you will see those numbers increase pretty solidly.

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:10 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:41 pm
Posts: 10472
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: chalk up another win for UTSA
San Antonio has 1,000,000 people living within 20 miles and no football team. They should fill the place every week.

_________________
Texas State University Athletics - 2014-15 Runner Up to Sunbelt Conference APR Championship - Sponsored by Dr. Larry Teis Analytics

Image


Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:46 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:02 pm
Posts: 1744
Reply with quote
Post Re: chalk up another win for UTSA
Malleus wrote:
San Antonio has 1,000,000 people living within 20 miles and no football team. They should fill the place every week.


San Marcos has 1,000,000 people living within 25 miles and a student body larger than the stadium capacity. We should fill our place every week.

_________________
There is no substitute for lack of preparation - Cheatham Street Warehouse Bathroom Wall

Image


Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:47 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group