Texa and Texas A&M 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Texa and Texas A&M
Wow, watching the Texas offense and I swear I feel like I'm watching our offense and experiencing that frustration all over again.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Texa and Texas A&M
Didn't pay attention much of the game, but that personal foul call on A&M on UT's final drive was complete BS.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Agent27 wrote:
Didn't pay attention much of the game, but that personal foul call on A&M on UT's final drive was complete BS.

So you think it is ok to take 2 steps and put your helmet into the other guys facemask after the ball goes by?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Think that it was more about the level of intensity or lack of intensity that was the problem. He threw a flag on it when it wasn't harmful and made a difference in the outcome of the game.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:02 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Should have let them play.

I'm pretty sure that was a gentle, but maybe well deserved "F you" to A&M for leaving the Big XII.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

It was a bad call. Defender has to assume receiver will make that catch and make a play. He had no time to let up after he realized the receiver couldn't make the catch. Football is turning into soccer with some of these personal foul calls.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
It was a bad call. Defender has to assume receiver will make that catch and make a play. He had no time to let up after he realized the receiver couldn't make the catch. Football is turning into soccer with some of these personal foul calls.

It wasn't the follow through, it was leading with his helmet. Iffy call, but could have gone either way.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:59 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
x wrote:

It wasn't the follow through, it was leading with his helmet. Iffy call, but could have gone either way.

I actually agree with you, although I had to watch the replay multiple times before I realized the foul was probably related to helmet position rather than intensity & timing. It might *technically* meet the definition for personal foul, but it was iffy. When you have an iffy call that late in a hotly-contested game, you let them play through.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

This new "targeting" penalty is about the biggest step I've seen in the pussification of football. I know they are trying to protect the players, but there seems to be no clear definition that all referrees use.

Funny thing is I've seen it called many times in the Big 12 (UT's Vacarro got one on a text book tackle on Missouri's running back earlier in the year and it lead directly to a touchdown), but they would never call it in the SEC.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:26 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Impressive to say the least. I look at those pictures and I get so frustrated with the way the AD views the importance (or lack there of) of our basketball program.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:00 am
True Bobcat Fan

There is some movement that direction with a 50 Mil renovation of Strahan in the next few years. I think that the change in coaching as well shows an effort too. We will see.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:25 am