UTSA getting new park west athletic complex 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: UTSA getting new park west athletic complex
That looks really good. When is the expected completion?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:24 pm
SuperCat

CatMom wrote:
Where's the football stadium?
Oh and baseball/softball

i believe those are on hold because utsa working out a deal with SA Missions to go 50/50 on a baseball field, it will be on campus but will be used year 'round by both teams, we are also working with the local school district to go halfs on our new arena, supposed to be 10-12k with suites and they school district will use it for playoffs i believe

as for football field, i think thats on hold right now, everyone seems to love the idea of the alamodome and what it has to offer soooo not really sure on that

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:12 pm
SuperCat

CatMom wrote:
Where's the football stadium?
Oh and baseball/softball

Phase 1 only addresses the most needed facilities, the existing baseball/sofball stadiums on the main campus will still be used for a couple more years. I believe both stadiums got some minor work done recently with seating and lighting upgrades. As mentioned above their had been some talk between UTSA and the Missions about a joint facility, but it is only conversation at this point. The basketball arena has gotten a bit farther in the discussion stage, NISD appears ready to add their share to a bond proposal, but UTSA has not earmarked a funding source for their half yet, so im thinking a couple more years before we see an arena plan take shape.

Football stadium is not officially part of the plan at this point, and to be included another parcel of land would have to be purchased. Expect the Alamodome to be UTSA's home for atleast 10 years.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:51 am
Junior Bobcat

Having been to (and announced games) at both, I'd have to argue that upgrades to your baseball and softball stadiums are UTSA's "most needed facilities." The on-campus baseball stadium is one of the worst in the Southland and softball is probably in the bottom half. However, that west park athletic complex looks very, very nice. Hopefully Texas State has upgrades for the soccer and tennis facilities in the works, as I assume our track and field upgrades will be adequate for WAC play.

It'd be nice to get some upgraded practice fields for football as well, although in a perfect world we'd be able to get a bubble so that no unauthorized personnel could get a high vantage point and watch our practices. This was (and may still be) a big problem at KU; they have some very nice, relatively new practice fields by their stadium but opposing fans and coaches have been able to watch practices from a nearby parking garage situated on top of a hill. KU had to put security there to keep other Big 12 schools from watching.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:11 am
SuperCat

the city just pledged an additional 15mil a couple days ago, woop

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

bugoy wrote:

you almost sounded like an aggie.. be careful there!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:54 pm
SuperCat

YouCanUseaMint wrote:
bugoy wrote:

you almost sounded like an aggie.. be careful there!

i sometimes forget its an aggie call, its commonly thrown out at work, i with a bunch of aggies and sooners -_-

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:04 pm