SFA eliminated by Villanova 54-24 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: SFA eliminated by Villanova 54-24
bleed gold wrote:
SFA has a very disinterested student body.
The town-gown relationship between SFA and Nac is worse than ours.

^This, especially with all the championships (outright and shared) SFA has garnered this past year. They have pretty much been the class of the conference despite what our diamond teams have accomplished.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:42 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

STATMOM:

TexasTerror is just trying to p!ss in your cheerios. Don't let him.

And while I am just as guilty of long posts as anyone, Jody put it best (and it's something Terror can't argue with):

Jody wrote:
Considering it was a playoff game they should have had close to a sell out, anything less is just sad.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasTerror wrote:
From a Villanova perspective... and they did something CatMom did not - aka attend the game.

Quote:
I'll say it again, the 4,000 is absolutely wrong, I was there. They had around 12,000 fans. For whatever reason, they under-reported the number. I don't know all the ins and outs of playoff football ticket sales, but it most likely has something to do with money as to why they under-report. All the reported numbers looked lower than actual attendance.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthr ... ost1596199

Canaquedista Man wrote:
in 2005 TEXAS STATE sold out all three home playoff games.
funny, A SFA fan was confused when she saw the matchup with Villanova. She came into my office and asked if this was a basketball game. This is a person that attends some football games each year. Glad to be leaving the SLC.

Villanova is weighing a decision to move up to FBS right into the Big East...

And yes, you may be leaving the SLC - but truth be known, you probably need some more SLC members to leave with you in order to stabilize the WAC.

Heard from a source at Sacramento State on Saturday night that they are NO LONGER interested in the WAC. The same source told me they were a shoo-in to join earlier this year, but the new makeup has them not willing to make that financial commitment to something without much stability.

Just FYI, Villanova averages about 7-9K a year. In fact from 2005-2010 they have averaged 8,849. I wonder TT, by me posting these numbers, is that somehow me talking smack or looking down on Villanova? I mean I am not adding my own opinion on the subject just posting some actually raw data.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
STATMOM:

TexasTerror is just trying to p!ss in your cheerios. Don't let him.

And while I am just as guilty of long posts as anyone, Jody put it best (and it's something Terror can't argue with):

Jody wrote:
Considering it was a playoff game they should have had close to a sell out, anything less is just sad.

Oh he already pissed in my cheerios (other forums) and I do not like piss in my cheerios! :evil:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:01 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasTerror wrote:
Of course, TXST does none of us favors next year - then again - unless we beat you guys, which wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Do remember, theoretically we should have a much better coach next year and SHSU is the end of the season. By that point this new coach should have had ample opportunity to figure things out.

We will also have 11 more scholarship players than you and it is a home game for us so the window again narrows.

But yes I'll concede the fact that given that the new coach may be a complete flop, beating the Cats at home with more scholarship players isn’t much of a stretch.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saw some pictures from SFA-'Nova - thanks to Rev.

It seems the home side was packed and overflowing. How many does the home side hold?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:04 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasTerror wrote:

It seems the home side was packed and overflowing. How many does the home side hold?

The attendance issue about the game in Nacogdoches was only interesting on the first day. Let's move on. Nobody here cares whether or not SFA had fans at the game. They lost...season's over. You should discuss this on AGS.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:49 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasTerror wrote:

Yep. Way more than the reported 4 thousand or whatever saw SFA fall on their face and embarass the SLC.

Pretty interesting to see photographic evidence of SFA's attempt at fraud.

:sombrero: :sombrero: :lol: :wink: :P

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:49 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

no matter how you stat/report/inflate it, that is some pathetic attendance, and even more pathetic is that TT is so penis envy of TS that he shows up on our forum on behalf of sfa, what kind of bkat is this? what will you do when TS leaves the slc? haunt our forum posting on behalf of the other schools in our FBS conference? when we leave you guys and the slc behind you will need to move on with the hating, I don't want to see you end up like slf, pretending to be about UNT and eventually getting banned, or stalking around the other forums taking shots at TS, it is not our fault that shsu is what it is

Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

CatManDo wrote:
no matter how you stat/report/inflate it, that is some pathetic attendance, and even more pathetic is that TT is so penis envy of TS that he shows up on our forum on behalf of sfa, what kind of bkat is this? what will you do when TS leaves the slc? haunt our forum posting on behalf of the other schools in our FBS conference? when we leave you guys and the slc behind you will need to move on with the hating, I don't want to see you end up like slf, pretending to be about UNT and eventually getting banned, or stalking around the other forums taking shots at TS, it is not our fault that shsu is what it is

Awww...I miss Stephen. It's unusual to meet a guy in his 40's who still has braces and an overactive imagination of his importance. In other words...a complete moron.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXST wrote:
Awww...I miss Stephen. It's unusual to meet a guy in his 40's who still has braces and an overactive imagination of his importance. In other words...a complete moron.

Oh, I see you haven't yet met Salty then.

:sombrero: (I kid because I care)

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
TXST wrote:

Oh, I see you haven't yet met Salty then.

:sombrero: (I kid because I care)

hey, I'm no where near 40!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:58 pm
Junior Bobcat

Sorry, I know i'm late to this party, and nobody (including myself) cares anyway. But just wanted to clear things up.

After the game I saw the attendance posted and couldn't believe it, so I talked to a friend that works in the AD and said we did it on purpose, and pretty much ALL FCS teams do this for playoffs. The reason for doing so (and I really don't know all of the details and/or how this works) is the NCAA needs a certain amount of $, and if a school can't match what the NCAA needs with what they actually got, then it looks bad and makes the NCAA wonder. I know, I don't really get it, but I checked around and everyone else was doing the same and saying the same.

In reality we had around 13k. I was at the NWST game the week before and the attendance was announced at 12k I believe for that game. There were easily more people for the Nova game. Our students suck, bad, and it pisses me off. Add to the fact they made the Nova section where our student section normally is = looking even worse on tv cause there were maybe 30 Nova fans there and it was right where the cameras were. Also that our stadium has a stupid concourse that is HUGE, and has tons of people just standing/walking around. Still embarrassing at ~13k. Our school does very little to NO promoting or advertising, and they don't seem to care.

Y'all are right. The support from the Nac community is very little, add in that we have an average amount of students (~12-13k), who none seem to care about our athletics unless we play Sam Houston = the suck. You would think the success that we have had the past few years (winning the conference cup, football/basketball championships) would have an impact. Sadly you'd be wrong. Sigh.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

We know where you are coming from. We are normally about 85-90% full on a good Saturday at Bobcat Stadium on the Student side. It's atrocious to look at the Alumni side of things and see it maybe 50-60% full on the same day. With the expansion up to near 30k, I fear that it will look really bad if this team isn't winning.

Plus our biggest problem is the closet UT fans that lurk around San Marcos. Those who graduate from Texas State and live close need to make that trip on Saturday to BCS instead of only tailgating at that school in Austin.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:27 pm