UTSA is legit 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post UTSA is legit
From the August 28th Express News-

Quote:
The new student union stays open later, and students hang out in the Roost game room and go to open mics, poetry jams and movie nights. The bookstore is twice as big and offers more UTSA merchandise. There is a technology store where students can buy laptops and discounted software, a UPS store, a Frost Bank, a Chili's restaurant, a convenience store and a family-owned hair salon called Rios Golden Cut.

“There are more options, making it easier for people to stay on campus and get the most out of college,” said Grace-Bridges. “The Millennials, they are a brand-name generation. Having a Chili's and all that adds to the environment that we are legit.” --Re'Shanda Grace-Bridges, assistant director of orientation

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/educat ... y#comments

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: UTSA is legit

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Not talking trash... but who the hell are the Millenials?

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:

It's an education term. It's the group of kids that are now working their way through high school and college. See also: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I don't drive a Beemer to college and make all A's by applying minimal effort.

Educators in all their brilliance think it's totally cool to give in to this nonsense.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:

Millennials is the buzzword in Student Development Theory for the students that are now in attendance in higher education. They are the generation that came after "Generation X".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y

They are tend to delay growing up longer, they played soccer in leagues where everyone got trophies, and "their shit don't stink". Students don't fight for their grade because Mom and Dad will call the Department Chair (or professors) and bitch out the authority figures for them. "Billy was a Straight-A student through high school, it must be your fault because you can't reach him".

The burden is no longer on the pupil to learn from the master, instead the mentality has shifted to college as a service industry. Student paid tuition therefore a degree is expected regardless if they have actually learned anything. /Facepalm

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

chrisattsu wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:

Millennials is the buzzword in Student Development Theory for the students that are now in attendance in higher education. They are the generation that came after "Generation X".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y

They are tend to delay growing up longer, they played soccer in leagues where everyone got trophies, and "their sh!& don't stink". Students don't fight for their grade because Mom and Dad will call the Department Chair (or professors) and b!tch out the authority figures for them. "Billy was a Straight-A student through high school, it must be your fault because you can't reach him".

The burden is no longer on the pupil to learn from the master, instead the mentality has shifted to college as a service industry. Student paid tuition therefore a degree is expected regardless if they have actually learned anything. /Facepalm

What he said.

The parents are called "Helicopter Parents." They're called this because they jump out of a helicopter (i.e. no where) to save little Johnny's butt, rather than making him learn his lesson.

You wouldn't believe how many PARENTS of GROWN ADULTS have been in my office to gripe about grades and/or 21 year old Johnny's college situation.

It doesn't end there. When they get out of college, they expect to be CEO, make a bazillion dollars a year, and have the corner office at the top of the building.... NOW.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Quote:
It doesn't end there. When they get out of college, they expect to be CEO, make a bazillion dollars a year, and have the corner office at the top of the building.... NOW.

hold up..so you're saying im not gonna be a CEO with bazillions of dollars when i get a degree?....if so eff that ;)

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:15 am
True Bobcat Fan

darussian12 wrote:
Quote:

hold up..so you're saying im not gonna be a CEO with bazillions of dollars when i get a degree?....if so eff that ;)

Don't get mad. Let me talk to some people. I think that we can create a 6 figure position for you somewhere.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:10 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Malleus wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:

It's an education term. It's the group of kids that are now working their way through high school and college. See also: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I don't drive a Beemer to college and make all A's by applying minimal effort.

Educators in all their brilliance think it's totally cool to give in to this nonsense.

So... if your folks didn't pay for college you're a millenial?

SWEET! I'm a millenial and didn't even know it. Do I get like a decoder ring or something?

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:20 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Malleus wrote:
You wouldn't believe how many PARENTS of GROWN ADULTS have been in my office to gripe about grades and/or 21 year old Johnny's college situation.

My mother-in-law has rule for her poli sci classes...if a parent ever calls, emails, or visits her for any reason other than your death or hospitalization, it is an automatic F.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:19 am
True Bobcat Fan

achtungpv wrote:
Malleus wrote:

My mother-in-law has rule for her poli sci classes...if a parent ever calls, emails, or visits her for any reason other than your death or hospitalization, it is an automatic F.

I have given up on counting how many parent calls begin with "I'm a lawyer and".

Alumni Assn. Charter Life Member #186
Bobcat Club Member Since Forever

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:34 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

MBA2000 wrote:
achtungpv wrote:
Malleus wrote:

I have given up on counting how many parent calls begin with "I'm a lawyer and".

Haven't had that one yet.

Frankly, they can have my job. I live by the one box rule. I can pack everything in one legal size box and be gone in 5 minutes. I'd be happy to leave.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:25 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Malleus wrote:
Frankly, they can have my job. I live by the one box rule. I can pack everything in one legal size box and be gone in 5 minutes. I'd be happy to leave.

I call that the "Walk of Shame Rule". You never want to have anything in your office that you can't walk away from. Last thing you want to do is do the walk of shame carrying out your box of stuff. Whenever I see a new hire bringing all kinds of crap to stuff in their office, I always think they're a goner.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:31 pm