UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
warcat wrote:
Uhm.... 15-20k over a season is right there with the Cowboys one game....
Besides, 30k is probably going to be much closer to the average (at a minimum) once UTSA goes FBS.

If you are trying to say that you think the Roadrunners are going to be sitting in front of 30k fans a game, then I think you are vastly overestimating your drawing power, particularly after the first year of play (when it's fairly certain you will struggle).

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasTerror wrote:
Spursfan20 wrote:
I agree, we need to stop focusing on UTSA so much on this board...makes us look worse than it does them. Also, most of the UTSA posters on this board are not that bad and I like having posters from other schools around.

Can't fault the Bobcats...

They're continuing to fall in line with that school on I-10 in Lafayette, La. that they have emulated over the years...

Yep, TXST is the new UL(L)...no one is sure what the school's name is. Southwest Texas State? Texas State? TSU? Texas State San Marcos? University of Louisiana? UL? ULL? Lafayette?

And of course, too concerned with another school in the state whether it UTSA (or in some cases UNT) or La Tech (or in some cases, ULM)...

It'll be even more the case if UTSA does what La Tech does and gets a step 'ahead' in the conference game...

Okay...back to your regularly scheduled "TXST-UTSA" smack!

Not all the time Terror, but now is more appropriate than ever...

You're an idiot. :P

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TexasTerror wrote:
Spursfan20 wrote:
I agree, we need to stop focusing on UTSA so much on this board...makes us look worse than it does them. Also, most of the UTSA posters on this board are not that bad and I like having posters from other schools around.

They're continuing to fall in line with that school on I-10 in Lafayette, La. that they have emulated over the years...

Yep, TXST is the new UL(L)...no one is sure what the school's name is. Southwest Texas State? Texas State? TSU? Texas State San Marcos? University of Louisiana? UL? ULL? Lafayette?

Since we are the new ulala, would you mind producing another star basketball coach so we can hire him off your hands? :D

:-||

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:47 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

MaximumBobcat wrote:
TexasTerror wrote:
Spursfan20 wrote:

And of course, too concerned with another school in the state whether it UTSA (or in some cases UNT) or La Tech (or in some cases, ULM)...

It'll be even more the case if UTSA does what La Tech does and gets a step 'ahead' in the conference game...

Not all the time Terror, but now is more appropriate than ever...

You're an idiot. :P

x2. After a post like that TT...had it coming.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasTerror wrote:
Why is this article even posted on this board? Its from March and the story has already played out...Cat79, get the memo that David Bailiff went to Rice? :lol:

Pure hatred for the Roadrunners from some... :wink:

TT

FO, you idiot How come you did not place this article on anygivensaturday? You place our dirty underwear there everytime something happens. This situation is not over yet only delayed for San Antonio. It is not hatred just fact. Eat Sh-T you Sh-t grad.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasTerror wrote:
Spursfan20 wrote:

We could care less what your Sh-t buddies are doing. We are not concerned that you wear the prison outfit. You have the lovefest for UTSA hoping they will move ahead of Texas State. You are the one that keeps hating Texas State. Texas State will always be better than prison U and it bothers u :eatemup:

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

I think that McCall is going to make a difference for TXST and we will see more penis envy comments from TT in the future.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:57 am
True Bobcat Fan

Guys,

It's not my fault that you can't go a few days without a post about UTSA on this board. This time, just rehashing an old news story in an effort to talk negatively about their program...

If you were posting something newsworthy, that'd be one thing, but it is OLD news!

Happens on RaginPagin too...every few days, another post taking shots at La Tech, even if the story is as old as the NCAA violations that Manny Mataskis rung up while in San Marcos (if we're going to rehash old news stories, may as well mention the 'father of FBS' at TXST, who laid the foundation for your program's attempt to move up).

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:17 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasTerror wrote:
Guys,

It's not my fault that you can't go a few days without a post about UTSA on this board. This time, just rehashing an old news story in an effort to talk negatively about their program...

If you were posting something newsworthy, that'd be one thing, but it is OLD news!

Happens on RaginPagin too...every few days, another post taking shots at La Tech, even if the story is as old as the NCAA violations that Manny Mataskis rung up while in San Marcos (if we're going to rehash old news stories, may as well mention the 'father of FBS' at TXST, who laid the foundation for your program's attempt to move up).

TT, it is not old news, this is the first I had heard about it, and it has yet to pass. I did some more reading on it, and San Antonio is STILL the first choice for the UFL.... Not saying it will happen as it seems that the UFL wants the city managers to want them, and the city managers don't seem to want them. But, it certainly isn't old news... The UFL is almost certainly going to expand again for next year, and San Antonio is still the first choice of the league....

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:09 am
True Bobcat Fan

sm_bobcat wrote:
TT, it is not old news, this is the first I had heard about it, and it has yet to pass. I did some more reading on it, and San Antonio is STILL the first choice for the UFL.... Not saying it will happen as it seems that the UFL wants the city managers to want them, and the city managers don't seem to want them. But, it certainly isn't old news... The UFL is almost certainly going to expand again for next year, and San Antonio is still the first choice of the league....

From March 31st, 2010...

Quote:
San Antonio’s lack of enthusiasm for the United Football League could force the league to turn its sights elsewhere, UFL commissioner Michael Huyghue suggested Tuesday.

“I think we have to have more discussion because there are a number of other markets that are certainly very positive about the prospect of having a professional team with affordable prices and family entertainment,” Huyghue told ESPN-AM 1250.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/SAs_ ... lArticle=y

Enjoy the end of this thread...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread. ... 613&page=3

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:41 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasTerror wrote:
sm_bobcat wrote:

From March 31st, 2010...

Quote:
San Antonio’s lack of enthusiasm for the United Football League could force the league to turn its sights elsewhere, UFL commissioner Michael Huyghue suggested Tuesday.

“I think we have to have more discussion because there are a number of other markets that are certainly very positive about the prospect of having a professional team with affordable prices and family entertainment,” Huyghue told ESPN-AM 1250.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/SAs_ ... lArticle=y

Enjoy the end of this thread...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread. ... 613&page=3

Quote:
They certainly haven't given up on San Antonio completely. They have viewed San Antonio as a key piece of their plans since they first went public a few years ago. It's also the only solid place to put a team in Texas, which the UFL has said they thought was necessary.

As I said before, this is not old news. As UFL has not given up on San Antonio yet. And I for one, had not heard about it.....

And another football team of any sort in San Antonio certainly DOES affect UTSA. As a big part of UTSA's plans revolve around them being the sole team in town. Now, if the league tries to start up in SA in 5 years when UTSA is fully established, I am doubtful about how much of an effect it will have on UTSA. But, if it does start up next year, or the year after, or even 3 years from now. I certainly think it would have an effect on UTSA.

I don't like UTSA, I will admit it. But, I am not out run down UTSA for everything. I will admit, I am suprised at how well UTSA has been able to get the SA media to buy into the team. Now, the question will be can they get the fans of San Antonio to....

I drove threw downtown San Antonio a month ago, and didn't see a single sign advertising UTSA or UTSA football in downtown San Antonio. All I saw was one thing at the Alamo Dome saying that it will be the home of UTSA football.... Having lived in San Antonio and seeing first hand how much the Spurs are the cities pride and joy. I am skeptical if UTSA can get the people of San Antonio to buy into UTSA football.... For their sake, I hope that they can. I personally believe that Texas State controls its own destiny, and if we do what we need to do, UTSA's adding a football team doesn't affect us, other than MAYBE helping us, if we work together to move up to the same conference as an existing rivalry....

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:01 am
SuperCat

In other more relevant news:

practice officially begins on Sept 7th!!!!!!

:sombrero:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/UTSA ... 88894.html

and some official numbers on suite sales, season tix deposits, and rental agreement with the city

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/utsa/

Commitments on 28 of 36 suites-FANTASTIC!! Only 1600 season tix deposits so far, hopefully that number will grow as we get closer to kickoff and start seeing tangible things like the start of practice, construction starting on practice facility...etc...

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:18 am
True Bobcat Fan

TexasTerror wrote:
Spursfan20 wrote:

Hiiipppocrit

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:56 am
True Bobcat Fan

The UTSA Football program will last longer than the UFL will.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TexasTerror wrote:
Spursfan20 wrote:

If this isn't the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. You spend entirely too much time talking about Texas State whether it be on this board or on others. Sam Houston hasn't had much to brag about in the terms of winning lately so you hang from the hairs on UTSA's sack hoping to catch a crumb or two from them.

The only person I come across that has a hard time with knowing the name is YOU. No one anywhere else seems to have any troubles. I am sorry your life is not as fulfilling as you had always wanted but please try and not bring ours down with yours. We are enjoying ourselves and watching our program grow. Sam Houston is stuck somewhere between crap and the bottom of a redneck's boot and your failed attempts at masking your contempt for Texas State are becoming comical.

You point us out on AGS consistently and also point out that we believe you have something against us, which to anyone with a functioning brain would see. Your shtick is getting tired.

I know you have some information that can be decent at times, but if this is the kind of crap we have to see to get it. I am pretty sure that most of us would be willing to give that up. Just come out and tell us the truth, YOU CAN'T STAND TEXAS STATE. After that you can continue bashing us, but at least you would have been honest.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:40 pm