Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA 
Author Message
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:56 pm
Posts: 6216
Location: Cedar Park
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
tw_fatcat wrote:
Just come out and tell us the truth, YOU CAN'T STAND TEXAS STATE. After that you can continue bashing us, but at least you would have been honest.


Nothing new there.



Texas Terror wrote:
I can't stand their guts

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16360&start=60

_________________
Trust the Path


Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:13 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:56 pm
Posts: 6216
Location: Cedar Park
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
TexasTerror wrote:
even if the story is as old as the NCAA violations that Manny Mataskis rung up while in San Marcos (if we're going to rehash old news stories, may as well mention the 'father of FBS' at TXST, who laid the foundation for your program's attempt to move up).


Again nothing new...

Don't use this argument as an excuse to bring up Mataskis, because I have already called you out on the fact that you bring up MM any chance you get here on bobcatfans and every other message board out there

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19393&start=15

_________________
Trust the Path


Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:16 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14397
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
TexasTerror wrote:
Spursfan20 wrote:
I agree, we need to stop focusing on UTSA so much on this board...makes us look worse than it does them. Also, most of the UTSA posters on this board are not that bad and I like having posters from other schools around.


Can't fault the Bobcats...

They're continuing to fall in line with that school on I-10 in Lafayette, La. that they have emulated over the years...

Yep, TXST is the new UL(L)...no one is sure what the school's name is. Southwest Texas State? Texas State? TSU? Texas State San Marcos? University of Louisiana? UL? ULL? Lafayette?

And of course, too concerned with another school in the state whether it UTSA (or in some cases UNT) or La Tech (or in some cases, ULM)...

It'll be even more the case if UTSA does what La Tech does and gets a step 'ahead' in the conference game...

Okay...back to your regularly scheduled "TXST-UTSA" smack!


You know... you wear jealousy for us so much, it is really starting to suit you.

It's funny, at first I thought that it wasn't envy, because you usually brought up decent points. But now, after looking at your entire body of work, I can see that you actually do envy us.

I can only assume it's envy, well, with a tinge of hatred for us wanting to leave the SLC (and of course, by proxy, leaving Sam behind).

I've come to pity you, man. You need to let go of your hatred, and just move on with your life. Sam's a fine institution. We're just better.

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:14 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:55 am
Posts: 4125
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
TheRevSWT wrote:
It's funny, at first I thought that it wasn't envy, because you usually brought up decent points. But now, after looking at your entire body of work, I can see that you actually do envy us.


I am not envious of your institutions. It was never on my list of options after high school (chose SHSU over Texas, Tulsa, UH and Syracuse) and of course, would hope you would remember where this bad blood started.

Some very egotistic individuals (and a very horrible legislator who wanted to be TSUS Chancellor) from your institution made very public and pointed remarks during one legislative session to a) gain flagship status and b) make all other schools change their name to TXST - City Name. These same people negatively impacted your school's reputation amongst schools in the TSUS.

TheRevSWT wrote:
I can only assume it's envy, well, with a tinge of hatred for us wanting to leave the SLC (and of course, by proxy, leaving Sam behind).


Laughable...

I do not want SHSU to go FBS because we wouldn't have a seat at the table when it comes to determining the national champion. SHSU and TXST (for that matter) have the chance in every sport they compete to reach that level. Sure in some sports it is extremely difficult, but in others - see baseball or bowling or individual T&F championships - why the hell not?

I've come to pity you, man. You need to let go of your hatred, and just move on with your life.

TheRevSWT wrote:
Sam's a fine institution. We're just better.


Explains why no one is willing to give your institution flagship status... :-||

And be honest with me...if SHSU had the deep pockets that TXST did, would our athletic department be in as good shape, if not better? Seems for the last 25 years of Division I, SHSU has gotten more "bang" for our buck than your institution - particularly in football and as of the last 10 years, men's basketball...the two premiere sports!

_________________
-The Terror-
Supporting the Bearkats since 1983
Image


Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:05 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:42 pm
Posts: 5911
Location: Fort Worth
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
For the lulz:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36

_________________
Sincerely,
MaximumBobcat


Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:18 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:43 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Austin, Tx
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
Quote:
Some very egotistic individuals (and a very horrible legislator who wanted to be TSUS Chancellor) from your institution made very public and pointed remarks during one legislative session to a) gain flagship status and b) make all other schools change their name to TXST - City Name. These same people negatively impacted your school's reputation amongst schools in the TSUS.


I was there. I was a part of the name change group...and what you just posted is a flat-out LIE...and you know it.


Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:31 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:55 am
Posts: 4125
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
TXST wrote:
I was there. I was a part of the name change group...and what you just posted is a flat-out LIE...and you know it.


Hardly...

Seems that all the flagship concerns started in 2003, around the same time a certain effort was being made in San Marcos with help from the honorable legislator from Bexar County.

I and a room full of others recall exactly what Jeff Wentworth(less) said to us. His actions resonated loud and clear, no doubt preventing him from getting the Chancellor position and thereby, leading to the tomfoolery that followed.

The Chancellor, one Lamar Urbanowsky, also made very pointed remarks to myself and several others regarding what a name change to then-SWT could do to the remainder of the system. Also told us that several Regents were discussed system-wide name changes. Hence, SHSU went in pro-active mode as it relates to protecting the school's name and being very clear to the TSUS and Texas Legislative allies where it stood on it's name and flagship status...

No reason to make up lies for the reason numerous people feel the way they do and why certain bills were passed in the Texas Legislature in 2005 and 2007...

_________________
-The Terror-
Supporting the Bearkats since 1983
Image


Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:49 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14397
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
TexasTerror wrote:
I am not envious of your institutions. It was never on my list of options after high school (chose SHSU over Texas, Tulsa, UH and Syracuse) and of course, would hope you would remember where this bad blood started.


Please, it's become painfully obvious you envy us. At first, I didn't know what to make of your obsession with us. I mean, I seriously thought you were content with Sam. But someone content with their university wouldn't run around to many different sites and try to run down another school.

The only plausible explanation is envy. As I've told others on this board: Don't try to tear down others to make yourself look good. Build your own up. Instead you run around trying your damnedest to tear down my beloved bobcats to be more in line with your Bearkats.

TexasTerror wrote:
Some very egotistic individuals (and a very horrible legislator who wanted to be TSUS Chancellor) from your institution made very public and pointed remarks during one legislative session to a) gain flagship status and b) make all other schools change their name to TXST - City Name. These same people negatively impacted your school's reputation amongst schools in the TSUS.


I was involved with the name change on the other side (I wanted to keep SWT). Disagreed with the name change then, still do. But it's done, so I got over it. I suggest you do too.

Besides, the idea about making the other schools change their name? TOTALLY false. There was talk that eventually the others would, but it was far from mandating that these schools change it up. So, you're actually railing against something that either you or someone else made up. Remember that.

TexasTerror wrote:
I do not want SHSU to go FBS because we wouldn't have a seat at the table when it comes to determining the national champion. SHSU and TXST (for that matter) have the chance in every sport they compete to reach that level. Sure in some sports it is extremely difficult, but in others - see baseball or bowling or individual T&F championships - why the hell not?


I can TOTALLY understand you wanting to keep SHSU as FCS. If I felt my university was inferior, I would too.

TexasTerror wrote:
I've come to pity you, man. You need to let go of your hatred, and just move on with your life.


Nice try with stealing my line towards you. However, I'm not the one running around to any website that will have me trying to drag another university's name through the mud, or trying to skew information to shed a university in a bad light.

TexasTerror wrote:
Explains why no one is willing to give your institution flagship status... :-||


As we know, flagship is the ONLY thing that matters. Let's go with name recognition, shall we? Nation wide, who do you think is more recongized? Bobcats or Bearkats? How about mascot? Which is more recognizable?

I stand by my statement: You have a fine institution. We're just better.

TexasTerror wrote:
And be honest with me...if SHSU had the deep pockets that TXST did, would our athletic department be in as good shape, if not better? Seems for the last 25 years of Division I, SHSU has gotten more "bang" for our buck than your institution - particularly in football and as of the last 10 years, men's basketball...the two premiere sports!


If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Sam doesn't have the deep pockets we do. Why? I can only guess that your school doesn't care about your program, or your own grads are embarrassed of their alma mater.

But let's boil it down to the bottom line: Your school has gained as much notoriety in basketball as we have. Why? Because no one cares about the SLC. They care about the big tournament, and past the first two rounds.

In football? The most recognition you got was when Bomar transferred, and that really was a pretty dubious amount of press. Be honest: the old adage of "any pub is good pub" is bunk.

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:42 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:43 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Austin, Tx
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
TexasTerror wrote:
TXST wrote:
I was there. I was a part of the name change group...and what you just posted is a flat-out LIE...and you know it.


Hardly...

Seems that all the flagship concerns started in 2003, around the same time a certain effort was being made in San Marcos with help from the honorable legislator from Bexar County.

I and a room full of others recall exactly what Jeff Wentworth(less) said to us. His actions resonated loud and clear, no doubt preventing him from getting the Chancellor position and thereby, leading to the tomfoolery that followed.

The Chancellor, one Lamar Urbanowsky, also made very pointed remarks to myself and several others regarding what a name change to then-SWT could do to the remainder of the system. Also told us that several Regents were discussed system-wide name changes. Hence, SHSU went in pro-active mode as it relates to protecting the school's name and being very clear to the TSUS and Texas Legislative allies where it stood on it's name and flagship status...

No reason to make up lies for the reason numerous people feel the way they do and why certain bills were passed in the Texas Legislature in 2005 and 2007...


I'm not going to wade into the name change debate again...with ANOTHER idiot who doesn't understand the legislative process or how politics works. Don't tell me about "pointed remarks" or what someone recalls that Jeff Wentworth said. Post some facts (and for idiots that means actual, statements in the legislative record) or shut up.

In the post that I responded to you said:
Quote:
Some very egotistic individuals...from your institution made very public and pointed remarks during one legislative session to a) gain flagship status


Any idiot (except you apparently) knows that flagship status cannot simply be anointed on a university. There has to be legislative action. The name change group knew it too. It was a status they thought the university should aspire to but would likely not attain for many years if ever. What's wrong with that? (If you aren't some penis envy idiot from SHSU)

Quote:
and b) make all other schools change their name to TXST - City Name.


This is completely and utterly untrue. A lie.

Quote:
These same people negatively impacted your school's reputation amongst schools in the TSUS.


We pursued an issue and made it happen. The school is better for it. The naysayers were wrong. It's over. You, and people like you, lost. Get over it and move on. Oh wait...you're not capable of it. Idiot.


Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:13 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:53 am
Posts: 2705
Location: Back in Vancouver BC
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
TexasTerror wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
It's funny, at first I thought that it wasn't envy, because you usually brought up decent points. But now, after looking at your entire body of work, I can see that you actually do envy us.


I am not envious of your institutions. It was never on my list of options after high school (chose SHSU over Texas, Tulsa, UH and Syracuse) and of course, would hope you would remember where this bad blood started.

Some very egotistic individuals (and a very horrible legislator who wanted to be TSUS Chancellor) from your institution made very public and pointed remarks during one legislative session to a) gain flagship status and b) make all other schools change their name to TXST - City Name. These same people negatively impacted your school's reputation amongst schools in the TSUS.

TheRevSWT wrote:
I can only assume it's envy, well, with a tinge of hatred for us wanting to leave the SLC (and of course, by proxy, leaving Sam behind).


Laughable...

I do not want SHSU to go FBS because we wouldn't have a seat at the table when it comes to determining the national champion. SHSU and TXST (for that matter) have the chance in every sport they compete to reach that level. Sure in some sports it is extremely difficult, but in others - see baseball or bowling or individual T&F championships - why the hell not?

I've come to pity you, man. You need to let go of your hatred, and just move on with your life.

TheRevSWT wrote:
Sam's a fine institution. We're just better.


Explains why no one is willing to give your institution flagship status... :-||

And be honest with me...if SHSU had the deep pockets that TXST did, would our athletic department be in as good shape, if not better? Seems for the last 25 years of Division I, SHSU has gotten more "bang" for our buck than your institution - particularly in football and as of the last 10 years, men's basketball...the two premiere sports!

Since we are talking hypotheticals here. If Texas State had even Texas Tech money we would win the National Championship and then be invited to the Super Bowl and win. They would get rid of the U.S. olympic committee and just use Texas State athletes. See how ridiculous that is? Bang for your buck is losing records? Speak of the now there Terror.

_________________
SWT85 wrote:
UR an idiot. Only explanation needed.


Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:54 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Austin, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
It's really sad how far you have fallen Terror. I remember when I started posting/reading on this board two years ago; you were one of the better posters by a large margin. You always had good information, had fair debates, and an unbiased opinions. Now you have moved on to jealousy, stupidity, and lying just so that you can attempt to bring down a school in the "world of message boards" that is only attempting to better itself. If you spend half as much time actually trying to improve your own school as you do bashing Texas State then maybe you wouldn't be so envious...

_________________
GRILL 'EM UP, DRINK 'EM UP, EAT 'EM UP!!!


Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:24 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 6132
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
TXST TLG8 wrote:
It's really sad how far you have fallen Terror. I remember when I started posting/reading on this board two years ago; you were one of the better posters by a large margin. You always had good information, had fair debates, and an unbiased opinions. Now you have moved on to jealousy, stupidity, and lying just so that you can attempt to bring down a school in the "world of message boards" that is only attempting to better itself. If you spend half as much time actually trying to improve your own school as you do bashing Texas State then maybe you wouldn't be so envious...


You know, I thought the same a couple of years ago when many of the members here were tired of him. Then grew to feel the same the more I read his stuff. He has a way of coming off genuine that, if you're not familiar with it, can lead you to believe that he is unbiased and unfortunately there may even be times when he is. However, those are hard to determine based on his usual intent and he kinda screws himself.

Will say that the recent attention to TXST is apparently twisting his titty and is kinda bringin his inner bitch out even more than in the past.

TT...chill. Deep breath...iiiiinnnn Deap breath ooouuuttt.

_________________
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." ~Mark Twain


Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:07 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:33 pm
Posts: 2958
Reply with quote
Post Re: UFL team in San Antonio could cause problems for UTSA
TexasTerror wrote:
Guys,

It's not my fault that you can't go a few days without a post about UTSA on this board.


Mr. Kettle, Mr. Pot.

_________________
I've never let my schooling interfere with my education.--Mark Twain

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.


Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:34 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group