NCAA Regionals 
True Bobcat Fan

The Bearkats came from behind to tie or go ahead four times in the game...

And they defeated Southern Miss in 11 innings, 12-11!

Hope to see you folks on KatFans this evening for the Ole Miss game...whether lurking or otherwise. Going to be a fun evening for the Kats who are playing on FUMES!

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:10 pm
SuperCat

yofunko wrote:
CatManDo wrote:
man, wow, a win at regionals, bomar for their qb, a basketball team that wins more than it loses and 3 commissioner cups in a row :shock: ......and yet I would still put a gun in my mouth and eat a bullet if I had to say I graduated from sam..... :lol:

DUMB.....

I suppose the Cats would have done better in the regionals......wait they are a worse team than the Kats......no telling how they would have been pounded

was I bashing the sam baseball team? no. not even. I hope they win today. Sorry you got all supposy and no telling, I guess I hit a nerve, must be the fact that you are the proud owner of a sam houston diploma, how unfortunate for you, better than a sfa diploma.....maybe....but I read you are at TS now so if you manage to graduate and you take off those damn saw em off stickers you probably have on your truck there is hope for you even now......now what is up with "yofunko"? what is that? something they eat in east texas? some nickname you got at a houston area high school?

Im a sports car guy....and hate A&M. grew up in waco...and yofunko....well thats a long story...it does take place in high school though, but not a nickname. i am a txstate now...so my SH diploma must be good enough to get into "Harvard" State University - San Marcos.

anyway....Kats go to the championship in a thriller. I guess we are representing well.

by the way.....a whole season does show how good a team is i would say a team that take 3 of 5 from another would be better. i hope the Cats are doing well in their regional.......hmmmmm :wink:

SuperCat

Well we won 11-12. Now we play Ole Miss in about 45 minutes.

Junior Bobcat

Post Re: NCAA Regionals
MaximumBobcat wrote:
SHSU embarrasses the SLC by getting pounded by Ole Miss.

Final 14-5 Ole Miss

Hopefully they can bounce back against Troy tomorrow.

Let's go Bearcats!!! (I'm in a real school, I refuse to improperly spell the word cat)

Never the less, :eatemup:

||:-|| ||:-|| ||:-||

your comments are embarrassing. shsu represented well and went to the championship round.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: NCAA Regionals
bigdog wrote:
your comments are embarrassing. shsu represented well and went to the championship round.

Going 2-2 is what I expected out of the SLC tournament champion this year, we had good teams this season. I don't expect them to get damn near run ruled in a couple of games though.

As I type....Rebels up by 10 on the Bearcats...

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:27 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I don't expect them to get damn near run ruled in a couple of games though.

then you don't know our team. we have no pitching depth. this huge loss today is not a surprise to me. we don't have a true solid 3rd game pitcher, MUCH LESS a fourth gamer that was needed today. we were going with guys that had hardly any pitching experience all year long. what else would you expect vs. a team like Ole Miss?

seasons over, but to finish a top 32 team that wasn't even expected to make the tournament...thats the story of the year in the SLC.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:35 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I understand Pat. It's hard to go into the 4th pitcher against SLC hitters, much less against SEC hitters. Still not much of an excuse to give up around 35 runs in two games.

2 cents.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:42 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

congratulations sam, I bet by the time it was all said and done they were getting the conference name right

mark johnson's first season? damnit.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Still not much of an excuse to give up around 35 runs in two games

no, its not. that's why MJ will be recruiting some quality pitching, and already has, to have some depth at pitching.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:55 pm
Junior Bobcat

congratulations sam, I bet by the time it was all said and done they were getting the conference name right

mark johnson's first season? damnit.

they got the conference name right, but called one of the slc teams by the name of southwest texas when referring to the team shsu beat in the conference tourney.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
CONGRATS! Sam for the great showing in the Regionals. Got some wins...Made some noise... and made the SLC look good.

Good job.

Hopefully, the Bobcats will earn their chance next year!

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Texas was eliminated this afternoon by the Anteaters of UC-Irvine. Wonder what kind of spin the Longhorn fans will put on this one? :applause:

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:21 pm