Bobcats should benefit from UTA coaches departure... 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Bobcats should benefit from UTA coaches departure...
It looks like the UTA womens coach has bolted for the public school administration route. She was the ONLY reason that team was successful and with apparently no one left to take over the reigns....the Bobcats should benefit in the standings next year. She was by far the best coach in the conference and her leaving will really hurt that team and the conference as a whole...I wonder what UTA did to run her off. There has to be a story there. I am glad its not just the Bobcats who lose good coaches for "better" opportunity.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:56 pm
SuperCat

Yep, there is a story, but I don't feel like taking the time to write it (as I understand it).

It's pretty much on the UT Arlington board, but I think an as good or better explanation is on the Bearkat board. If anybody really wants to see the scoop, there's your chance. It's also in today's Shorthorn.

Classy and capable lady, and I'm sure sorry to lose her. Thing is, I also have a lot of faith in our AD. He's classy and a straight arrow. This is the first thing he has had a hand in that "raises an eye brow" with me. I think there are things with the former first assistant coach that may not be making the press.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:34 pm
SuperCat

Here is the Fort Worth Star-Telegram article on the new coach. Looks like a great hire.

http://www.star-telegram.com/college_sp ... 04847.html

Thu May 17, 2007 8:37 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Here is the Fort Worth Star-Telegram article on the new coach. Looks like a great hire.

http://www.star-telegram.com/college_sp ... 04847.html

Looks like a good hire. Good Luck to the Lady Mavs.

Thu May 17, 2007 8:58 am
SuperCat

Well, Chris, she has a master's degree from Tarleton State University. So, she has to be good. :)

Thu May 17, 2007 9:01 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Well, Chris, she has a master's degree from Tarleton State University. So, she has to be good. :)

I saw that, but I wasn't going to bring it up..... :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thu May 17, 2007 10:13 am
True Bobcat Fan

That is a good hire. The important is that she shares the same style of coaching the previous coach did. They are not in as bad a shape as when Capps took over so they should stay pretty tough. Her style of "pressure" defense works with the kind of players they already have....Fox has her own "pressure" defense but her players crumbled against UTA this year. So, we still have alot of work to do.

Thu May 17, 2007 4:14 pm