New Bow 
True Bobcat Fan

Post New Bow
I'm fixing to begin the search for a new bow. Any alumni out there that bowhunt and have suggestions. Right now I'm looking at Halon 32, Prime's New one, and Hoyt RX-1

Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: New Bow
Man! I take it there are zero alumni on here that enjoy the outdoors.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:03 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I enjoy the outdoors quite a bit, but I know absolutely nothing about bow hunting.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I love the outdoors, but mainly with a drink in hand and floating down the river.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:00 pm
SuperCat

Checked with my bow hunting nephew (also an alumni). He recommended going to a good bow shop like Bow Country in Austin and being fitted with a bow that fits you. It's like buying new golf clubs now-a-days, there are so many good ones and proper fitting would be worthwhile.
He uses both Bear and Mathews but, didn't provide any exact specs. He gets a deer every year during bow season.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I like the bows with the polka dots or the glitter.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:45 pm
True Bobcat Fan

geezer wrote:
Checked with my bow hunting nephew (also an alumni). He recommended going to a good bow shop like Bow Country in Austin and being fitted with a bow that fits you. It's like buying new golf clubs now-a-days, there are so many good ones and proper fitting would be worthwhile.
He uses both Bear and Mathews but, didn't provide any exact specs. He gets a deer every year during bow season.

Thank you sir. Your nephew is a smart man. Consider him validated haha I currently run a Mathews Z7 I purchased from Bow Country. This was a few years back so a lot has changed on the cams and design of the bows; hence, why I mentioned I was looking at a number of new possibilities that your nephew would know about. I can talk to the shops which I already have and shot a few, but just wanted to see what alumni were running. Sometimes people outside of the bow shop may bring up a pro or con you never thought about. Anyways thank you.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
I like the bows with the polka dots or the glitter.

You would.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:25 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I fish a lot and hunt a little. Hell, I'm moving back to Houston to be closer to better prospects on that front (Don't tell my wife that. She thinks we are heading there to get closer to her family.) Bow hunting is pretty niche versus the field, so the odds are slim that many on here are avid bow hunters. For the record though, I have a PSE Surge, which is considered an economy bow, and love it/can drive nails.

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

SanMarcosWay wrote:
I fish a lot and hunt a little. Hell, I'm moving back to Houston to be closer to better prospects on that front (Don't tell my wife that. She thinks we are heading there to get closer to her family.) Bow hunting is pretty niche versus the field, so the odds are slim that many on here are avid bow hunters. For the record though, I have a PSE Surge, which is considered an economy bow, and love it/can drive nails.

I have a Mathews Z7 and right now it's pretty hard for me to justify the upgrade. I've been able to harvest quite a bit of meat with it, but after 10 years I think it's time to go new again. From what I'm seeing every manufacturer has stepped their game up on the designs.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:18 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Dis, you been able to go bow hunting yet this season?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

No I have not! My line of work revolves around the downstream side of oil, gas, and petrochemical industry. One of my largest babies is in the middle of a 60 day turnaround which completely burn me so no leaving town for elk hunting and no deer hunting until mid November. What's even worse I recently acquired some land out west and have a lease also so way more options than usual but I will have to wait to play. I knew it was coming so I did sneak in a Spring Bear hunt in May hoping that would hold me over but not so much.

What about you?

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:38 am
True Bobcat Fan

I know how that is. I was trying to get out to our ranch this weekend since we have an away game, but my work ended up scheduling me to attend a conference in Florida… now I won’t get out there till maybe the 17th.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

JustinS09 wrote:
I know how that is. I was trying to get out to our ranch this weekend since we have an away game, but my work ended up scheduling me to attend a conference in Florida… now I won’t get out there till maybe the 17th.

Haha yeah I'm hoping next weekend come back for 2 days then go right back for Thanksgiving. Just found out one of the neighbors smoked a decent 3-1/2 11point I was letting walk so that's a bummer but it's part of it. Where's your place Justin?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

We have just over 100 acres in Rocksprings. We used to have great deer out there, but about 10 years ago there was an anthrax breakout that killed off like 75% of the deer population out there. It hasn't quite gotten back to normal since then.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 pm