Apartment Complexes for Sale 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Apartment Complexes for Sale
Does anybody know of any apartment complexes for sale in the San Marcos/New Braunfels/Wimberley area. We are looking for a small complex (10-30 units). This would be a cash transaction. Could close within 60-90 days. No Section 8 or other government assisted properties considered. Ideally we want Texas State students as tenants. Vets preferred. Thank you.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Apartment Complexes for Sale
Only thing I know of in that size range is a 22-unit mobile home park on Hunter Road behind JCPenney. It is 10 acres and priced a little north of $700,000. Pretty sure you don't want in on that action unless you plan to evict (not fun), demolish & build new. That was just a quick MLS check--you might also snoop around on LoopNet. Regardless, you probably need to get with a commercial RE broker since a lot of investment opportunities aren't listed in public domain.

Most folks looking for investment property in the size range you describe end up collecting duplexes or individual condo units--you just don't see small complexes like that anymore. You might get lucky and find a 4-plex or something.

You probably won't find anything in Wimberley--doing multifamily on a septic is a huge PITA. I knew a guy that built a small complex at Canyon Lake on septic that was nothing but headaches from day one.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:18 am