Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Vote: for alumni only 

Would you rather have the Alumni Association spend 15 million on a new Alumni Center or for Athletic Facility Expansion at Bobcat Stadium and the baseball complex?
Alumni Center 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Athletic Facilities 90%  90%  [ 52 ]
Total votes : 58

 Vote: for alumni only 
Author Message
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:42 pm
Posts: 5911
Location: Fort Worth
Reply with quote
Post 
I'm over my old argument of the donation to athletics or alumni house if it is indeed coming from a single donor, I'm now more interested in specifics.

Anybody have any links to where I can see specifics or proposed pictures or anything?

_________________
Sincerely,
MaximumBobcat


Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:22 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 4573
Reply with quote
Post 
Go to the Alumni House and ask if you can see some drawings for the new Alumni Center. They should be able to help you.

_________________
Bobcat Club Member - Team LBJ


Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:30 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:41 pm
Posts: 10474
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post 
bobcatalum05 wrote:
Go to the Alumni House and ask if you can see some drawings for the new Alumni Center. They should be able to help you.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are kidding....



























right?

_________________
Texas State University Athletics - 2014-15 Runner Up to Sunbelt Conference APR Championship - Sponsored by Dr. Larry Teis Analytics

Image


Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:34 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:42 pm
Posts: 5911
Location: Fort Worth
Reply with quote
Post 
bobcatalum05 wrote:
Go to the Alumni House and ask if you can see some drawings for the new Alumni Center. They should be able to help you.


The house across the street from Subway? I might do that one of these days.

Something tells me they'll just look at me blankly and tell me to send so-and-so an email.

_________________
Sincerely,
MaximumBobcat


Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:11 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 4573
Reply with quote
Post 
Malleus wrote:
bobcatalum05 wrote:
Go to the Alumni House and ask if you can see some drawings for the new Alumni Center. They should be able to help you.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are kidding....




right?


NO!

_________________
Bobcat Club Member - Team LBJ


Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:16 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 4573
Reply with quote
Post 
MaximumBobcat wrote:
bobcatalum05 wrote:
Go to the Alumni House and ask if you can see some drawings for the new Alumni Center. They should be able to help you.


The house across the street from Subway? I might do that one of these days.

Something tells me they'll just look at me blankly and tell me to send so-and-so an email.


Thats the place. If no one helps you ask to speak with Kevin Gilley of the Alumni Association. He will try to help you any way he can.

Before Malleus Chimes in, I personally know the guy and I believe in the work he is doing for the Alumni Association. He hasnt been in the position long, but I expect him to do a good job. Kevin is a good guy and he will shoot you straight.

_________________
Bobcat Club Member - Team LBJ


Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:20 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 3307
Reply with quote
Post 
MaximumBobcat wrote:
I'm over my old argument of the donation to athletics or alumni house if it is indeed coming from a single donor, I'm now more interested in specifics.


I would bet a large sum of money that they don't have an individual donor to cover the entire amount. If anything, they would be using (wasting) money on this building through monies raised through the upcoming Capital Campagin.

_________________
Sam Houston State - Spelling "Cats" with a "K" since 1879
McNeese State Fans- whiney losers since November 5, 2005


Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:28 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 4573
Reply with quote
Post 
TexasState03 wrote:
MaximumBobcat wrote:
I'm over my old argument of the donation to athletics or alumni house if it is indeed coming from a single donor, I'm now more interested in specifics.


I would bet a large sum of money that they don't have an individual donor to cover the entire amount. If anything, they would be using (wasting) money on this building through monies raised through the upcoming Capital Campagin.


The large sum of money will be a part of the capital campaign. Hopefully everything works out. Why is everyone so against a nice alumni building. Has anyone seen A&M's. Its a place for alumni to come back to the University. A place that is still yours after you leave. It will be one of the first things you see when you get to campus coming from Aquarena Springs. Please tell me those Married Living dorms arent doing it for you.

LBJ's house is a great piece of history that needs to stay on campus. Try hosting an alumni event in it though. It needs to be a museum, and the alumni center needs to be a nice building that can host functions, be a part of the game day atmosphere, and be a place for all alumni to come back to.

LT needs to go out and build(fund) the BB/SB complex, and the Alumni Association needs to raise the money to build the alumni center. There is enough money out there for both.

_________________
Bobcat Club Member - Team LBJ


Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:39 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:04 am
Posts: 799
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post 
Kevin Gilley is a good guy and the Alumni House will be built for sure and they have the design already. It is huge.They probably do have pics at the Alumni House.


Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:31 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 9578
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Post 
I agree with Jody here.

But I also think that the Athletic Department needs its OWN capital campaign. It does not need to be riding the coattails of a University-wide funds drive just because Teis cannot develop a relationship with donors.

_________________
Forty-Six & 2, just ahead of me


Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:05 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 3307
Reply with quote
Post 
bobcatalum05 wrote:
The large sum of money will be a part of the capital campaign. Hopefully everything works out. Why is everyone so against a nice alumni building. Has anyone seen A&M's. Its a place for alumni to come back to the University. A place that is still yours after you leave. It will be one of the first things you see when you get to campus coming from Aquarena Springs. Please tell me those Married Living dorms arent doing it for you.

LBJ's house is a great piece of history that needs to stay on campus. Try hosting an alumni event in it though. It needs to be a museum, and the alumni center needs to be a nice building that can host functions, be a part of the game day atmosphere, and be a place for all alumni to come back to.

LT needs to go out and build(fund) the BB/SB complex, and the Alumni Association needs to raise the money to build the alumni center. There is enough money out there for both.


I not against it per se, I am just not for it. Of all the things this university needs to spend money on, an alumni center is not one of them. That is a luxury which cannot be afforded right now. They need to upgrade athletics facilities, academic facilities, grow the endowment, beef up graduate programs, increase professor salaries, and a whole host of other things before an alumni center is funded. If an alum wants to drop 15 large to build one, fine with me. However, it should not be a part of the captial campaign.

_________________
Sam Houston State - Spelling "Cats" with a "K" since 1879
McNeese State Fans- whiney losers since November 5, 2005


Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:46 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group