Made the trip to SM last weekend 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Made the trip to SM last weekend
and thought I would give some insight to a few of the details.

Blacks BBQ
-Atmosphere was pretty nice. They definitely spent some money on the place. No AC when we were there and a bar that is open to both inside/outside and a guy on the porch playing his guitar.
-Staff really needed training on greeting and getting people used to their system.
-Menu, no plate menus necessarily. You order a-la-cart sides (not a huge selection) and meat by weight.
-Price, without drinks our bill came to 19.00. I did see Danny Kaspar and sat about 10 feet away from him. He was talking to 3 elderly people about his athletic background as a kid.

Bobcat Nation sports bar
-Atmosphere was good. TVs everywhere.
-Staff, friendly bartender and waitress.
-Menu, basic. I had chicken strips with onion rings (huge portion, were great). The wife had a BLT with fries (also great). I really liked the place. Kinda odd that it never seemed to get crowded on a Friday night.

Campus
-Only work being done at the moment that I saw was the new dorms, Bobcat Trail which is blocked off, and some demo down the hill on LBJ.

Drive in from Dallas
-I know that there was discussion about construction in Hillsboro and whether it was completed or not. Well if you are driving from Dallas expect no construction in Hillsboro but everything south of Hillsboro is pretty much torn up. We took the loop around Georgetown and Austin but up until then, there is an unreal amount of construction. They have done a pretty good job of keeping traffic flowing but could be difficult in the rain. It sure will be nice once it is complete. Maybe 5 years away.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:40 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Made the trip to SM last weekend
I may try Blacks out one day while in SM. I would like to see the place.

I agree on the drive from Dallas (went to Tulsa). Holy smokes was that awful on a Friday evening.

Last time I was on/around campus there was a TON of construction on North LBJ, from Grins thru the stop sign at Holland St. When is that scheduled to be finished?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Made the trip to SM last weekend
Spring of 2015.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:09 pm