River Pub & Grill - ? - closed for good? yes/no? 
True Bobcat Fan

Post River Pub & Grill - ? - closed for good? yes/no?
River Pub & Grill - ? - closed for good? yes/no?

Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: River Pub & Grill - ? - closed for good? yes/no?
On the way through Buda, there's a sign that used to say "Reopening Sept 2013."

Drove through San Marcos last weekend and now the sign says "Reopening Sept. 2014." Someone had mentioned that the more they pulled back from the walls during remodeling that they decided to "do more."

I would only assume that they are still on for reopening in September, but that's coming from a resident of College Station who hasn't been in town for at least 3-4 months. I can't imagine that there is a shortage of people that want to run a restaurant there. Let's just hope it isn't one of those Pepper's at the Falls type things where someone takes it over and screws it all up (SWTSU, I'm looking at you).

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Malleus wrote:

Drove through San Marcos last weekend and now the sign says "Reopening Sept. 2014." Someone had mentioned that the more they pulled back from the walls during remodeling that they decided to "do more."

I would only assume that they are still on for reopening in September, but that's coming from a resident of College Station who hasn't been in town for at least 3-4 months. I can't imagine that there is a shortage of people that want to run a restaurant there. Let's just hope it isn't one of those Pepper's at the Falls type things where someone takes it over and screws it all up (SWTSU, I'm looking at you).

The owners of the River Pub aren't exactly the brightest bulbs when it comes to running that restaurant and managing a remodel. My advice to them back when they first started thinking about modifications was to scrap it and start over. As I recall, their kitchen had four changes in floor level to access dining areas. I can only imagine what their insurer for workman's comp thought of the place.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Malleus wrote:

Thanks for the info...

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:38 pm