Been discussed 

Is Global Warming a far-left, Media indused hoax?
Yes, it's election season 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
No, it's clearly evident something is going on and worth attention 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 9

Been discussed 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Been discussed
I know Global warming has been discussed extensively on this board, hate to bring it up again since I myself still feel the jury is still out. But given that the Midwest has seen two 500-year floods in the span of 15 years, something is definitely going on. As far as it being man-made, I'm not sold quite yet, but read this article and lend me some of your thoughts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25268181

Quote:
Other future projections cited in the report include:

- Sea ice extent in the Arctic Ocean is expected to continue to decrease and may even disappear in summer in coming decades;
- Precipitation, on average, is likely to be less frequent but more intense;
- Droughts will likely be more frequent and severe in some areas;
- Hurricanes will likely spawn increased precipitation and wind;
- The strongest cold-season Atlantic and Pacific storms are likely to create stronger winds and higher extreme wave heights

Participating in the Climate Change Science Program are the Agency for International Development, Department of Agriculture, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Defense, Department of Energy, National Institutes of Health, Department of State, Department of Transportation, U.S. Geological Survey, Environmental Protection Agency, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, National Science Foundation and the Smithsonian Institution.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:00 pm