Michael Vick 

What should happen to Vick?
Be banned from the NFL for life 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Go to jail for a few years and attempt an NFL comeback 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
Feed him to some hungry pit bulls trained to kill 46%  46%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 26

Michael Vick 
Site Admin

Has he been convicted of anything yet? It seems an awful lot of people know what is going on.

What legal process do we have in this country? We have a man convicted of perjury...but its ok b/c he was doing it at the behest of the POTUS. His sentence gets commuted.

We have 2 BP's sent to prison for shooting a drug dealer in the behind and the dealer gets immunity to deal more dope.

Please stop the Vick bashing. Anyone ever see how they kill baby seals for their fur? Pretty brutal. Yea, Vick is a thug. You know some folk back in the day thought Jesus was a troublemaker too! Get off of your high horses.

He hasnt been convicted yet, but if he is convicted then he will deserve the punishment he receives. Until then he is innocent until proven guilty thats his constitutional right. Playing football is not a constitutional right so the NFL can suspend him if thats what they see fit.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Site Admin

He may not have been convicted yet, but he has been indicted...a Federal Grand Jury thought there was enough evidence to bring him to trial.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:07 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Feed him to some hungry pit bulls trained to kill

I didn't choose this one because Michael Vick is also a trained killer. He'd scramble away so fast.

You've seen it.

You're a master of Karate!
And Friendship.
For everyone.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOwmgTvQNl0

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:34 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Has he been convicted of anything yet? It seems an awful lot of people know what is going on.

What legal process do we have in this country? We have a man convicted of perjury...but its ok b/c he was doing it at the behest of the POTUS. His sentence gets commuted.

We have 2 BP's sent to prison for shooting a drug dealer in the behind and the dealer gets immunity to deal more dope.

Please stop the Vick bashing. Anyone ever see how they kill baby seals for their fur? Pretty brutal. Yea, Vick is a thug. You know some folk back in the day thought Jesus was a troublemaker too! Get off of your high horses.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:06 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I can't stand this sumbitch and never could even when he was at VPI. But all of the above choices are bad. It's like saying "would you hang him, electrocute him, or starve him?".

Let the legal process work itself out. Of course, the NFL, as his employer, is not bound by the legal process. They can do what they want. My employer would most likely fire me if I were indicted. So, why should he be different?

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:13 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

So, why should he be different?

You probably aren't as important to your employer as he is to his.

No offense, just saying that you probably don't sell out stadiums on a regular basis. ;-)

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

True. Very true. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, pays any money to watch what I do for a living. Seriously. I'm a lawyer. What I do is BORE-ING!

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀

Now, the dogs have Vick fighting for his career (and endorsements)...Allegedly

Hey, lilgiant ...since you know the law, then you know this phrase when it comes to the ordinary man and celebrities and the application of due process

"Every Man is Innocent Until Proven Broke"

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:49 pm
SuperCat

Vick is pretty much screwed now. One of the people involved in this case has plead guilty and is going to testify against Vick. He claims that Vick funded much of the operation and participated in several events. (I'll look for a link). That's a lot worse of a charge than having a dog or two fight in these things. Of coarse this man is testifying against Vick to get a lighter sentence, so you may wonder if he's stretching the truth. However, the dog fighting was going on in his own backyard. How do you not know what's going on in the two black buildings behind your house? If your friends have pot in your vehicle and it's not yours, you're still responsible and are going to get arrested.

And individuals are guilty until proven innocent in the US CJ system. Just because we say "innocent until proven guilty" doesnt mean that's what really happens. You are arrested, a bail is set, and if you dont meet bail you have to sit in prison until trial. How is that innocent until proven guilty? Except in certain situations, the cj system doesn't just charge people based on curiosity. They wouldn't arrest a high profile, media frenzied individual like Vick unless they were sure he would be found guilty. Think how bad it would look if Vick really was completely innocent, and the cops took him to jail. It would look pretty bad on the department. Just my two cents on the situation. I believe Vick's career is either over, or he'll have to make a comeback in a few years.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:53 pm
SuperCat

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=2954580

here it is, pretty long so i didnt post it on here. Taylor was one of the three individuals charged along with Vick.

"In documents filed Monday, government prosecutors also revealed that Taylor will testify that the kennel's gambling was "almost exclusively funded by Vick." "

Possible racketeering charges?
"It was bad enough for Vick to have to defend himself against charges of a conspiracy that lasted for six years in five states. A racketeering charge would make it even more difficult for Vick and his five lawyers to mount a defense. "

If Taylor goes through with this, and it's proven, goodbye Vick

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:13 am
SuperCat

He will be back playing football in the longest yard 3 or trainning old red.

Last edited by Bearkats94 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:15 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

"As a VT fan, I always wished Marcus would act more like Michael. Now I realize he did."

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

Innocence and guilt are only relative terms if your someone famous.

If your famous and innocent you have to:
1) Cry on camera about police brutality and injustice
2) Hire a million dollar lawyer team
3) Have your lawyers create a plan to defame the police
4) Have the charges dismissed
5) Cry on camera about police brutality and injustice
6) Thank everyone for getting you through the tough times while on camera
7) Sell your story to the tabloids
8) Write a book
9) Make a movie based on your book, dedicated to you
10) Go on a news/talk show tour about your book and movie
11) Cry on camera about police brutality and injustice
12) Explain that you've become spiritually enlightened and will never commit such a terrible crime again

However its a different story altogether if your actually guilty:
1) Cry on camera about police brutality and injustice
2) Hire a million dollar lawyer team
3) Have your lawyers create a plan to defame the police
4) Have the charges dismissed
5) Cry on camera about police brutality and injustice
6) Thank everyone for getting you through the tough times while on camera
7) Sell your story to the tabloids
8) Write a book
9) Make a movie based on your book, dedicated to you
10) Go on a news/talk show tour about your book and movie
11) Cry on camera about police brutality and injustice
12) Explain that you've become spiritually enlightened and will never commit such a terrible crime again

See, there IS justice if your famous!

Last edited by Bobcat04 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:45 am
SuperCat

I know someone who is a county assistant district attorney. She says that federal prosecutors are real wusses in the sense that they don't go to indictment on cases they do not feel are stone cold locks to win. In other words, the mountain of evidence against Vick must be quite high, as was evident in the specificity of language in the indictment. People indicted to federal court don't slip off the hook so easy. I think he is toast, will go to federal pen and essentially become irrelevant in sports world if the new commish has anything to say about it. This is all very sad.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:47 pm