How do we end our dependence on foreign oil? 

Is this proposal a good one?
Yes, I think it's awesome. Let's get it done! 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
It's OK, but could be better. Here's how... 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
No, and here's what we should do instead... 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7

How do we end our dependence on foreign oil? 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Second largest oil depository in the world...
The second largest oil depository in the world (behind Prudhome Bay...catalyst for the Alaskan pipeline) has recently been located about 250 miles SW of New Orleans, LA.

Now, one would think this would lessen our dependency on foreign oil, however; I'm sure that production & refining cost will be too great (as it always seems to be) so we will continue to be dependent on foreign oil.

We must...for the future of this planet (and for future generations) develop a solid plan for alternative fuel sources and stick to it !!! I'm afraid that the economic machine in this country is too powerful to adapt to anything else (i.e. the "good 'ole boys club") to ever want to change. Unfortunately, greed runs rampant and in the end we'll extinct ourselves.

Have a great day!!

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:16 am
Site Admin

achtungpv wrote:
SOMBREROGUY wrote:
What if we, bring back dinosaurs and uses them to pull are cars and uses them like the Flintstones did? and when they all die off again we can uses oil again.

I think that's one of the lectures at the Creationist Museum in Kentucky.

by the way, there is another creationist museum in texas -- in glen rose. they're trying to build some sort of biosphere that would recreate the atmosphere/environment that existed at the time of the great flood or something like that. theyr'e also big on dinosaurs living only a few thousands years back, existing with humans, etc etc

Wow...that's just silly...

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:26 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

it's true!!

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:38 am
True Bobcat Fan

Most of the patents for new technology with alternative fuel vehicles (cars, trucks, etc.) are owned or bought out quickly when they appear on the market by the oil corporations. My friend just bought a Honda hybrid that gives him 50MPG, how come that kind of technology is not available in all vehicles? Because the company is Japanese, not American. The oil lobby won't allow any type of offshoot from dependence on oil until the commodity itself becomes obsolete. You can bet that won't be in our lifetime.

Hydrogen fuel for our military is not a feasible option because of supply line nightmares it would create in hostile territory. As it is in Iraq, we can only move large convoys at night only due to the insurgent attacks.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:45 am