SJW/Radical University Star 
True Bobcat Fan

Post SJW/Radical University Star
Seems there have been a ton of SJW articles/op-eds in the past few months:

I can't even link the first one to the website because it was never posted online (probable because it will cause backlash and make Campus Reform), but it did make the print copy.
https://imgur.com/a/jOgBU

"Whiteness will be over because we want it to be. And when it dies, there will be millions of cultural zombies aimlessly wandering across a vastly changed landscape.

http://star.txstate.edu/category/opinions/

I'd really prefer that we don't become the University of Missouri or Evergreen State...but we keep making headlines for this type of shit.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: SJW/Radical University Star
Saw people getting triggered over this article on the Houston Alumni Page.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:48 pm
SuperCat

They are opinion pieces written by (basically) random students. Why anyone gets worked up about them, I have no idea. It's not like a Texas State non-student employee/professor/admin wrote them.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:07 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Trauth's response:

http://www.txstate.edu/news/news_releases/news_archive/2017/November-2017/Statement112917.html

Message from the President regarding University Star column
Dear Bobcat community,

I am deeply troubled by the racist opinion column that was published in the November 28, 2017, issue of the University Star titled “Your DNA is an abomination.” The column’s central theme was abhorrent and is contrary to the core values of inclusion and unity that our Bobcat students, faculty, and staff hold dear. As president of a university that celebrates its inclusive culture, I detest racism in any manifestation.

While I appreciate that the Star is a forum for students to freely express their opinions, I expect student editors to exercise good judgment in determining the content that they print. The Star’s editors have apologized for the column and are examining their editorial process.

Sincerely,

Denise M. Trauth
President

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:49 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I love that response. It's damn near perfect.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Great response by the bun.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Media coverage:

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10206
https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/39459/
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/29/greg-gutfeld-texas-state-university-story-white-dna-abomination
http://www.kvue.com/news/local/hays-county/texas-state-president-speaks-out-after-publications-racist-opinion-column/495614124

Not a good look for our university...not good for fundraising...not good for applications...

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

If Mr. Martinez gets into a car accident, will he refuse treatment by a white EMT or a white doctor?

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:45 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The guy made a damn fool of himself in the KXAN interview that I saw. I chalked him up as an immature contrarian from the article, but in the interview he is full-on pompous, smug bigot that somehow fashions himself an intellectual.

Glad to see a rebuke from Trauth. University Presidents nationwide RARELY respond to university newspaper issues, but it was very warranted in this case.

That kid needs to educate himself... and probably get used to being viewed as a pariah.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

wow. And wow to those two responses. And wow as in: Image

This recent spat of bigotry I'm sorry to say has been consistently been in the news the past 9 months. Good to see that the powers that be are taking a full measured approach to this latest one as again this getting out of hand it will most definitely have an effect on future enrollees. Very bad PR.

Yes these people have always been there, but one cannot deny the fact that they have across the country for whatever reason feel more emboldened since the last presidential election to openly spout their bigotry.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Greg Gutfeld carved old Rudy a new one on "The Five" yesterday.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

this has been my favorite controversy at txst to date. the whiny pusses losing their mind over this has been fucking HILARIOUS. the best has been watching people i knew in college go ballistic on facebook about their conservative university (lolwut?) turning into a liberal cesspool so they aren't going to donate, when i know damn well they've never given a thin dime in 20yrs as an alumni.

the fact that 90% of the idiots commenting don't know the difference between a news article and an editorial is as damning an indictment of what our degrees are worth as the tools on this board who don't understand the workings of college football.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:53 am
Junior Bobcat

Saul, there is no way ANY publication would allow an editorial or opinion piece by a KKK member calling for the genocide of one group. Nor should they. It's absolutely abhorrent and should be condemned in the strongest terms.

That is why there is outage. There seems to be a double standard when it comes to hate and racism in America and this is a prime example.

The major problem I have with it, is that it's bringing so much negative attention to our University on a national level when if the editors took a no hate or racism approach to what is published, we could have avoided this all together.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:15 am
True Bobcat Fan

there was no call for genocide. it called for the end of an ideal - the white, male, construct that dominates american leadership.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 pm