True Bobcat Fan

Post ASG President w/ Offensive & Racist social media posts
@txst
Statement from President Denise M. Trauth:
https://twitter.com/txst/status/959431606741200896

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:49 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: ASG President w/ Offensive & Racist social media posts
Fire him now. It is unacceptable that he is still in his position. He should have apologized and stepped down. The guy that wrote that article for the Star was fired and Trauth blasted him. Then the ASG president has a history of posting racist stuff and shes like I accept his apology. Heck no. This is pathetic leadership and I've always been a fan of her. This only divides and further shows that this country is willing to lower the moral standard for their leaders.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:49 am
True Bobcat Fan

If he does not step down I would look for the student government Senate to impeach and decide if they are going to remove him at the next meeting. This is a paid position under the Office of the Dean of Students so they could also take action and at least suspend his pay. I look for him to resign or be removed at the next meeting. He should ask around and see how many senators are wanting to remove him. Even better the VP and the senate leadership should level with him and tell him he's going to be removed like the US Senate did that time with Nixon. Bad year for student government. The VP had to resign before the beginning of the year as he was busted with weed in Austin.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:04 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I don't think Trauth has the authority to fire him. She can call for him to step down, or possibly for the ASG to vote on forcing him to resign, but she can't fire him.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
I don't think Trauth has the authority to fire him. She can call for him to step down, or possibly for the ASG to vote on forcing him to resign, but she can't fire him.

The dean of students can suspend his pay. There are problems with him taking unauthorized pictures of people on campus and posting them online. He could face trouble as a student and face disciplinary action but I doubt they will do anything serious. Trauth could go to the meeting and insist that the senate remove him and I believe the senate would do that. Nobody wants to be associated with this and I doubt few if anybody in the student government will back him.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
There are problems with him taking unauthorized pictures of people on campus and posting them online.

how so?

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Courts have already ruled that there is no expectation of privacy when you are in public.

The only caveat is when it's for profit, I believe, but even that is questionable as that is precisely what paparazzi make their living.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

At least he was finally impeached. The year is almost over but at least that is part of his legacy now.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

This whole saga was pretty nuts. I've about concluded that the guy is a head case. Had he acted in the interest of self-preservation, he would have resigned early-on in order to avoid what has now become a pretty ugly digital footprint that will haunt him as he looks toward employment or graduate school. It practically screams "future EEOC/harassment problem." The Nixon-esque departure photo was really icing on the cake, and that one will really haunt him as indicative of not learning from actions. If you're going to pick a hill to die on, it is probably best to make sure that hill has moral high ground. The highest point in a swamp doesn't do you much good.

I mean, he managed to make that awful editorial writer look sympathetic, and even gave credence to his argument through his actions.

The fact that it got this far and took this long to resolve is an indictment of faculty and student leadership. His removal, either voluntarily or through the impeachment process, should have happened months ago. But at least it happened.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

bleed gold wrote:
This whole saga was pretty nuts. I've about concluded that the guy is a head case. Had he acted in the interest of self-preservation, he would have resigned early-on in order to avoid what has now become a pretty ugly digital footprint that will haunt him as he looks toward employment or graduate school. It practically screams "future EEOC/harassment problem." The Nixon-esque departure photo was really icing on the cake, and that one will really haunt him as indicative of not learning from actions. If you're going to pick a hill to die on, it is probably best to make sure that hill has moral high ground. The highest point in a swamp doesn't do you much good.

I mean, he managed to make that awful editorial writer look sympathetic, and even gave credence to his argument through his actions.

The fact that it got this far and took this long to resolve is an indictment of faculty and student leadership. His removal, either voluntarily or through the impeachment process, should have happened months ago. But at least it happened.

100% agree. Not sure what he was thinking other than he thinks he is basically untouchable. maybe he has family connections or money. Either way a quick google search of him is a very bad look and shows he has no remorse for his actions and thinks it is all a big joke. Probably uses terms like PC culture and locker room talk.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:12 pm