President Trauth: Yay or Nay? 

Is Dr. Trauth the person to lead this university to the next level?
Yay 47%  47%  [ 16 ]
Nay 38%  38%  [ 13 ]
Undecided 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 34

President Trauth: Yay or Nay? 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: President Trauth: Yay or Nay?
I wonder if people realize that this is the most forward movement Texas State University has ever had. I would argue that it is the most forward movement in terms of academics, athletics and national recognition. You’re telling me the majority of people honestly want to clean out the entire leadership . . . seriously?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:45 am
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah, this is REALLY stupid.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Dirtbag wrote:

Agreed.

This is coming from someone who detested what was going on in the first 3-4 years.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:42 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

She has done good work, however, I think that there can be argument made that she's been here for 8 years and while she's done good, it's just time to bring in new blood. Not that I agree with that argument in this case but it isn't completely absurd if someone wants her gone. She does need to do a few things: 1) get her athletics house in order and 2)make some changes up in UA (a new VP would be nice).

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TexasState03 wrote:
She has done good work, however, I think that there can be argument made that she's been here for 8 years and while she's done good, it's just time to bring in new blood. Not that I agree with that argument in this case but it isn't completely absurd if someone wants her gone. She does need to do a few things: 1) get her athletics house in order and 2)make some changes up in UA (a new VP would be nice).

UA?? I'm confused what you're referring to.

El Gato wrote:
Official Attendance: 15,613...near sell out
Abe Froman wins.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Just to argue but think that Trauth has done a fair job. Whether she has benefited from fortunate timing or whatever, the growth and prestige of the school is better than it has ever been. If I were to grade her I would give her an A-. There are things that fall through the cracks but overall, I have never been more proud to have graduated from TXST.

Is she great for the move to FBS? Uuuhhhmmm seems that she is not directing but just doing what others (LT) decide is best and that could come back to bite her. Could be something that she will be remembered for succeed or fail. But as far as academically, she gets an A. This is just my two cents.

I also think that these criticizms are benefitial. Never allow people in key positions to sit on the their successes/failures. Always let them know that what they do is under scrutiny by all and that they are expected to exceed expectations.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Abe Froman wrote:
TexasState03 wrote:

UA?? I'm confused what you're referring to.

University Advancement. The whole department needs to be turned over. Getting Dorothy out was a start, Prince needs to follow her.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Malleus wrote:
Dirtbag wrote:

Agreed.

This is coming from someone who detested what was going on in the first 3-4 years.

Yep. I've come around on her as well. I kind of wonder how much of those first 3-4 years were her trying to fix some systemic problems with the university's relationship with the Board of Regents and dealing with issues involving long-term JCK vultures.

I don't have any academic complaints or complaints about campus improvements, as she seems to excelled in both. Athletics need some work. From a city perspective, she has been a good partner with the city in reaching out, much more so than most university presidents.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:30 pm