A poll 

Should Texas State System add a school with a medical or law school lie TSU?
Poll ended at Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:59 pm
Yes 60%  60%  [ 9 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Lets wait. 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 15

A poll 
Junior Bobcat

Post A poll
https://forum.shsu.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27779

Sam Houston and Texas State belongs within the Texas State University system. One of the major higher ed systems in Texas. Unlike most of the others, this system lacks a law school or a medical school (to my knowledge).
I believe that the system should annex Texas Southern University for that very reason. Of course , Texas Southern has been under looking glass about a possible corruption charge and Governor Rick Perry’s involved in dealing with this.
Not only TSU would bring a law school, but also to increase the size of the system since Angelo State’s exodus on September 1, 2007 second it will bring diversity to the system’s student body.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:59 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: A poll
BIGJXXX wrote:
https://forum.shsu.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27779

Sam Houston and Texas State belongs within the Texas State University system. One of the major higher ed systems in Texas. Unlike most of the others, this system lacks a law school or a medical school (to my knowledge).
I believe that the system should annex Texas Southern University for that very reason. Of course , Texas Southern has been under looking glass about a possible corruption charge and Governor Rick Perry’s involved in dealing with this.
Not only TSU would bring a law school, but also to increase the size of the system since Angelo State’s exodus on September 1, 2007 second it will bring diversity to the system’s student body.

Not TSU; terrible idea, and if you lived in Houston you would know why.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Nobody wants TSU, not even UH which is very close.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I think the system should look at developing it's own law and medical schools in the next couple of decades...this state is growing so fast that there is no question that there will be a demand for it.

"Texas State University School of Law"

"Texas State University School of Medicine"

I like the sound of both. It would take a while to establish but as Central Texas and the state grow the resources will be there and in demand. Austin is the largest area in the state that lacks a medical school...it could even be established somewhere in this area as a partnership between the TSUS and the UT System. Just my uneducated thoughts.

Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:25 pm