Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Indoor Track and Field Championships 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5696
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
I'm no expert. I know it's common for sprinters to run multiple events (60 and 200 or 200 and 400). Not sure how common it is for someone to run both the 60 and the 400 though. I'd suspect that's far less common.


Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:09 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:59 pm
Posts: 106
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
I am fairly confident that my knowledge of the subject is a bit better than taxman's.

And x is correct. Look at the conference meet results and you'll see that Texas State is the only school with athletes who ran the 60, 200, 400 and 4x400 (Porter, Hardy and Hicks-Boyce).

There's nothing necessarily wrong with it, it's just very uncommon.


Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:53 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6658
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
BobcatSideEye wrote:
I am fairly confident that my knowledge of the subject is a bit better than taxman's.

And x is correct. Look at the conference meet results and you'll see that Texas State is the only school with athletes who ran the 60, 200, 400 and 4x400 (Porter, Hardy and Hicks-Boyce).

There's nothing necessarily wrong with it, it's just very uncommon.




I'm fairly confident it is not. 8)


Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:30 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6658
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
x wrote:
I'm no expert. I know it's common for sprinters to run multiple events (60 and 200 or 200 and 400). Not sure how common it is for someone to run both the 60 and the 400 though. I'd suspect that's far less common.



It is, but not out of the question. Particularly if we need points. There were times when we'd throw 400m runners into the 800m (or a 10K down to the mile/3K) to potentially sneak one runner into the final or bump another runner from another team off the standings.

As far as the 60 and the 400, it's a little tougher but it can be done. Easiest example to use is Usain Bolt running the 100m and the 4X4 several times at the Worlds.


Last edited by Bobcat.taxman on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:34 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5696
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Easiest example to use is Usain Bolt running the 100m and the 4X4 several times at the Games and Worlds.


I remember Bolt doing both. I also remember hearing how rare it was.


Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6658
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
TheRevSWT wrote:
I will say in taxman's defense, I believe he used to run on a schollie here at Texas State.




Schollie for two years at UIW, walked on at TxSt (post-injury) and ran for three more (redshirted first year here). Professionally for 14 years after that and coached for five years. You could say I learned a thing or two about the sport in that time. :wink: 8)


Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:38 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6658
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
x wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Easiest example to use is Usain Bolt running the 100m and the 4X4 several times at the Games and Worlds.


I remember Bolt doing both. I also remember hearing how rare it was.



Yeah, it's extremely rare. You need a special type of athlete for that. I won't second guess the coaching staff on that one though, it might have been the athlete asking for the spot in case they were in the running for high point scorer.


Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:40 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:59 pm
Posts: 106
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
OK, chuckles. You do know that Usain Bolt has never run the 4x400 at the Olympics, or World Championships, right? I mean, if you're an expert, you would know that right off the top of your noggin. The only time he has run a 4x400 internationally was at the 2002 World Juniors.

I'll stand by my statement.

Tell me more about your professional running career. How much money (ballpark, don't need an exact number) did you make as a runner?


Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:04 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5696
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
100, 200, and 4x100


Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:59 pm
Posts: 106
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
x wrote:
100, 200, and 4x100


That's a very common triple outdoors.


Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:44 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6658
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
BobcatSideEye wrote:
OK, chuckles. You do know that Usain Bolt has never run the 4x400 at the Olympics, or World Championships, right? I mean, if you're an expert, you would know that right off the top of your noggin. The only time he has run a 4x400 internationally was at the 2002 World Juniors.

I'll stand by my statement.

Tell me more about your professional running career. How much money (ballpark, don't need an exact number) did you make as a runner?



Yes, I'm going to share on an online forum how much money I was paid. :roll: :roll:


Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:34 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6658
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
BobcatSideEye wrote:
OK, chuckles. You do know that Usain Bolt has never run the 4x400 at the Olympics, or World Championships, right? I mean, if you're an expert, you would know that right off the top of your noggin. The only time he has run a 4x400 internationally was at the 2002 World Juniors.





You do realize Bolt ran a 45 in the 400m, right? Meaning he can easily run the relay if he is needed.


Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:39 am
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:59 pm
Posts: 106
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
BobcatSideEye wrote:
OK, chuckles. You do know that Usain Bolt has never run the 4x400 at the Olympics, or World Championships, right? I mean, if you're an expert, you would know that right off the top of your noggin. The only time he has run a 4x400 internationally was at the 2002 World Juniors.





You do realize Bolt ran a 45 in the 400m, right? Meaning he can easily run the relay if he is needed.


You said, and I quote -- "Easiest example to use is Usain Bolt running the 100m and the 4X4 several times at the Games and Worlds."

Utter and complete BS. Own it, admit you don't really know as much as you said you do, and move on.


Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:09 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6658
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
BobcatSideEye wrote:

Utter and complete BS. Own it, admit you don't really know as much as you said you do, and move on.




Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. :roll: :roll:


Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:14 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:59 pm
Posts: 106
Reply with quote
Post Re: Indoor Track and Field Championships
I'll take that as an admission that you're a bit deficient as far as your "expert" status.

Now, about your "professional" running career...


Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:38 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group