Outdoor T&F 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Outdoor T&F
This weekend was the Texas Relays. Bobcats also hosted the Bobcat Invitational. Interestingly, some of the same teams/athletes attended both.

Friday weather sucked and TXST (along with others) scratched some of their track runners to prevent injuries; a few of which did happen (not to ours). Rainy and cols. Had to go into delays twice.

TR has a weird format when it comes to the "glamor" races. They break teams up into university/college and invitational finals. TXST doesn't get into the invitationals (yet). Our 4x400 made the finals in both men's & women's. Guys finished 4th in theirs with a nice time of 3:06.72. It was a very close final with 55/100 of a second separating 1 through 4. Those 4 times were better than 5 teams in the "elite" invitational final. Qualifying time had been 3:10.41 on a wet track.

The ladies finished 5th in their final. Not bad. This group, unlike the men, were way off the "elite" race times.

Didn't seem to have many of our field people in Austin. One of our relays scratched; as did freshman 100m runner Tramesha Hardy (Indoor freshman of the year in the SBC). These prelims were both when the track was very wet after the 2nd delay.

Next weekend: Baylor Invitational

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:43 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Outdoor T&F
A little side note. Carl Lewis went to HS at a school in my schools' district. He was 2 years behind me; as far as grade goes. He's now helping the UH track staff; mainly with the relays. In spite of this, our guys beat UHs relays in every event.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but it shows how well our program has come back. Not elite yet but give it time.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:47 am
SuperCat

Except the 4x100, where UH ran extremely well (39.31) to place 3rd in the final. TxSt ran 41.11 in the prelims for 14th.

New Bobcat staff looks pretty good, and they seem to have things rolling!

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:22 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BobcatSideEye wrote:
Except the 4x100, where UH ran extremely well (39.31) to place 3rd in the final. TxSt ran 41.11 in the prelims for 14th.

New Bobcat staff looks pretty good, and they seem to have things rolling!

Missed that one.....duh, sorry.

That DMR was weird and we didn't totally suck at it which surprises because our distance runners aren't much to write home about. Our whole XCountry team needs an overhaul. It shows more in the distance events in T&F as a glaring weakness.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Don't have time to look it up but I wonder if we are financially able to fund track like the elite schools. Are our cross country runners trained by coaches that specialize in other events etc? Seems like we don't really have a X country team.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:04 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tpopt wrote:
Don't have time to look it up but I wonder if we are financially able to fund track like the elite schools. Are our cross country runners trained by coaches that specialize in other events etc? Seems like we don't really have a X country team.

T&F and XCountry have the same coaches and a lot of the same athletes, if that helps. Other teams seem to be able to produce good Xcountry while fielding a good track team.

If you check at the link below, teams are fairly comparable (good or bad) in their standing for both; except us.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rSTyqW08nyxgex_-y8mYS9t3194zc1PEykun7R2BIKA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:49 am