Commissioner's Cup 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Commissioner's Cup
sm_bobcat wrote:
But, this year, SLU won the All-Mens portion of the CC because of the fact that they participated in all sports. If you take our the points that SLU scored in mens tennis (since they are dropping it), they finish in 3rd place.

Have they won it before...? You are saying they won because "they participated in all sports". What about the last few years when they had teams in all those sports?

Guess I should say it now - just for kicks - I think the TXST women won the All-Sports because they have all the sports. Perhaps if SFA had women's golf or UT-Arlington had women's golf or women's soccer, it would be a different story. :roll:

Tue May 19, 2009 12:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

CatMom wrote:
Texas State Athletics Wins Southland Conference Commissioner's Cup

Bobcats Win Ninth Straight Women's All-Sports Trophy

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/genrel/051809aaa.html

Quote:
These efforts resulted in Texas State winning its fourth overall Southland Conference Commissioner's Cup, the most by any university.

And that is without us getting the 12 for football. They gave that to UCA, we got 11.

TXST has 5 CCs, which is of course more than any other university.

Bobcats, won the CC in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, and this year.

Basketball almost cost us the CC this year.

Tue May 19, 2009 12:53 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasTerror wrote:
sm_bobcat wrote:
But, this year, SLU won the All-Mens portion of the CC because of the fact that they participated in all sports. If you take our the points that SLU scored in mens tennis (since they are dropping it), they finish in 3rd place.

Have they won it before...? You are saying they won because "they participated in all sports". What about the last few years when they had teams in all those sports?

What I am saying is that SLU has a huge advantage over all the other schools mens teams. They are the ONLY team that competes in all sports. Thus, they don't have to perform near as well as all other schools.

TexasTerror wrote:
Guess I should say it now - just for kicks - I think the TXST women won the All-Sports because they have all the sports. Perhaps if SFA had women's golf or UT-Arlington had women's golf or women's soccer, it would be a different story. :roll:

Well, a few things to keep in mind, in Womens sports, 6 different schools participate in all womens sports. Also, as could SFA have won the all-womens spot in the CC. Keep in mind that even had SFA participated in golf, and won the top spot thus the 12 points, Texas State STILL wins all-womens spot on the CC by 1/2 of a point.

To finish in first in the all-mens breakdown of the CC cup, SLU averaged 8.375 points in the 8 sports. UTA on the other hand averaged 9.5 points in the 7 sports that they participated in. UTSA averaged 9.14 points in the 7 sports that they participated in. But, if you take a look at the all-womens school standings, Texas State averaged 9.94 points in the 9 sports that we participated in. UTSA who finished second averaged 8.94 points in their 9 sports, an entire point per sport behind Texas State. And SFA since they competed in only 8 sports 9.5 points in their 8 sports. Almost a 1/2 point behind where Texas State finished.

Tue May 19, 2009 1:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Great Job cats!!!! :texasstate: :texasstate:

Although some on this board like to downplay the Cup, I really like it and take pride in winning it.

Tue May 19, 2009 7:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Quote:

Ohh.. and congrats to the Ladies for continuing to dominate! :eatemup:

Kinda crazy to think our Ladies are the football team's best bargaining chip for a decent I-A conference bid....

Tue May 19, 2009 7:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

west_texas_Cat wrote:
Quote:

Ohh.. and congrats to the Ladies for continuing to dominate! :eatemup:

Kinda crazy to think our Ladies are the football team's best bargaining chip for a decent I-A conference bid....

Yes, congrats to the Ladies! I sure hope we (and the conference) pick up sand volleyball. :-||

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/archives/2008/07/beach-er-sand-v.html

Wed May 27, 2009 7:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

With the "view" that article gave I think I would be at a lot of beach volleyball games. :D

Wed May 27, 2009 9:14 pm