Game Thread - @ No. 14 Texas A&M - ESPN3 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Game Thread - @ No. 14 Texas A&M - ESPN3
Bobcats are in College Station tonight taking on the aggies with a 6:32 first pitch.

Brandon Lewis the projected starter.

Game can we seen on SEC+ which is on the watchESPN app.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Game Thread - @ No. 14 Texas A&M - ESPN3
B 5th Leigh comes in, loads up the bases with nobody out, but managed to pitch his way out of the jam with no damage. Currently T 6th, still tied at 4.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Aggies win 7-5.

Double digits hits for the 4th consecutive game though and Ortega went deep. Offense is coming around. If we stay healthy we could be contendors in the west. Big series this weekend with USA.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Hopefully I don't full on jinx it, but this Dalton Shuffield has looked pretty good over the last 4 games. Hes hit well and absolutely gunned an a&m runner from fairly deep left tonight trying to score on a sac fly. He's likely Sherleys successor at SS after this season I would think. Needs to bulk up a bit as he still has the look of a HS player as a true freshman but been impressed with his play lately.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:04 pm
SuperCat

We were at the game last night and the 'Cats were competitive. The miscues in center field were the difference. He came in initially on both drives, both were catch-able.

Was really impressed with the young freshman. True, he looks like he could still be in high school, but he played like a big time college player. Hit the ball sharply, ran very well and played his position impressively. Caught one fly close to the left field foul fence while sliding on his knees, and the throw to home belied his slight frame. All the way to home plate from middle left field on a line. Kept us in the game for another inning. I just wonder if Ty was going to red shirt him because he seems to have more talent than some of the players getting lots of playing time.

Hope the hitting continues this week end.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:51 am
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah Almendarez really had a terrible night. Both at the plate and defensively. He's usually pretty reliable in center and it was hard to tell on TV if he had a play on those balls but he certainly got bad jumps on both. We had the last guy played to opposite field with two strikes and he pulled it to left-center unfortunately. We play him straight away that was probably an out for sure.

I wonder if Scheible has some minor injury keeping him out of the field. Seems odd we have a backup SS playing in the outfield while he's DHing. That throw from Shuffield was really impressive though. He may have a better arm than Scheible, Almendarez, Paul, or Wuthrich.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:02 pm
SuperCat

If Almandarez has trouble with line drives hit right at him, maybe he should play deeper. Singles dropping in front of him would better than triples over his head.

I've been asking around about Schieble's potential injuries, but all I hear is that Ty is quiet about injuries because of the HIPP (spelling) Act.. I think that he's a better fielder than Alemanderez, just not as fast.

Yes, I agree that Shuffield has the best arm of this year's outfielders. Where would you hit him in the lineup?
I think lead off or second would be better. He should score a lot with better batters behind him.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'd keep Shuffield near the bottom of the lineup at this point. He's only played the last four games and may have just entered the lineup on a hot streak. If he keeps it up, then consider moving him up. Those guys at the top of the lineup have earned those spots through consistent play for multiple years. Gonna need to see a bigger sample size than 4 games with Shuffield.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:56 am