Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Softball 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Softball
projected to college station here: http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/sof ... acketology

Sun May 13, 2018 10:08 am
True Bobcat Fan

I'll take college station all day. I think we'd have a decent shot at taking down the Aggies.

Really don't want to be sent to OU.

Sun May 13, 2018 10:34 am
True Bobcat Fan

Selection show at 9pm on ESPN2.

Sun May 13, 2018 8:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

UGH!!!

Sent to #3 national seed and 50-4 UCLA...

Sun May 13, 2018 9:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

UCLA?

Are you fucking kidding me? Arguably the best team in the country. Fucking ridiculous since we were double conference champions

Sun May 13, 2018 9:10 pm
SuperCat

Girls got screwed and I'm pretty sure nobody kissed them!

Sun May 13, 2018 9:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

If we were going to be screwed in a National region Tempe would make the most sense. At least we know we had a very good chance of advancing there. I guess the flip side of playing a National seed is that if UCLA gets upset the super regional comes to San Marcos?

Sun May 13, 2018 10:00 pm
SuperCat

Anybody have thoughts on why we got picked for that regional?

Sun May 13, 2018 10:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:

Losing 3 of our last 6 regular season conference games to 2 teams that are barely in or outside of 100 RPI? Losing to Louisiana in the semi final game? Maybe we left much room for question as to whether or not we were really the best sun belt team?

But really I think they just saw how we choked or were so overly outmatched against top 10 opponents. Should have beat ASU early on in the season. It’s funny how Prairie View has a better situation than us and they have a losing record. Figure that one out :?: :oops:

Sun May 13, 2018 10:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
If we were going to be screwed in a National region Tempe would make the most sense. At least we know we had a very good chance of advancing there. I guess the flip side of playing a National seed is that if UCLA gets upset the super regional comes to San Marcos?

Don't think so. Think it goes to the highest advancing seed. So we'd only host if we were seeded higher than the winner of the other regional.

I think.

Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
BobcatBuddy96 wrote:

It’s funny how Prairie View has a better situation than us and they have a losing record. Figure that one out :?: :oops:

They're a 4 seed. Easy to figure out. A handful of 2 seeds have to get stuck playing at the top national seeds. We unfortunately happen to be one this year. Almost makes you wish our RPI was 10-15 spots lower. We'd maybe get an easier regional to advance out of if seeded a bit lower. Is it easier to advance out of a regional with two teams better than you or in our situation where you should be the 2nd best team but you have to get through a 50-4 team? Probably the former. Unfortunately for us.

Baylors RPI is like 10 spots higher than ours so you can't say we deserve to be there instead of them. But damn I was hoping for that college station regional.

Sun May 13, 2018 10:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

$EC!$EC!$EC! bias screwed us. 9 regional hosts is bullshit.
baylor should be hosting and we should be playing in cs or waco.

Mon May 14, 2018 8:12 am
True Bobcat Fan

Agreed, or even how is it that Michigan (31) gets to play in the Lexington regional and Cal (29) gets to play at the Georgia regional?

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/2018WSBrpi1.html
RPIs are out now and we finished 28th and I imagine we are the highest ranked 2 seed to win regular season and conference tournament to be playing in national regional

Mon May 14, 2018 8:56 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
Agreed, or even how is it that Michigan (31) gets to play in the Lexington regional and Cal (29) gets to play at the Georgia regional?

geography and conference avoidance.
michigan is playing in the regional closest to ann arbor
cal can't play at ucla because they are both p12

Mon May 14, 2018 9:08 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
geography and conference avoidance

yeah well, I think it was the NCAA commissioner or president that was interviewed last night and went on record to say conference affiliation is not taken into consideration when their pairing takes place... seems she must be lying because it took a huge hit on us

Mon May 14, 2018 9:54 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next