Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Softball 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Softball
Ladies knock off Troy 1-0.
Will play winner of Louisiana/GSU tomorrow at 11am jn the semifinals.

Thu May 10, 2018 12:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Louisiana comes from behind to beat GSU, setting up what was probably an inevitable matchup between TXST and UL.

Game will be at 11am tomorrow.

Thu May 10, 2018 4:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Cajuns win the semi-finals match 1-0 and are in the championship game.

Bobcats will now face the winner of UTA/Troy in the losers bracket. Whoever wins will face Louisiana for the championship.

We're now just 1-3 vs the Cajuns this season. Though every game has been at their place.

Oh we also got no hit.

Fri May 11, 2018 1:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

This was the game we really needed to win in order to sure up an at-large bid. I’m stil confident if we just get out of this losers bracket and into the final game and win or lose the tournament we’re in. But it really might not bode well to the committee if we’re 1-4 against a team that likely won’t even host. If we had beaten ULL today and lost tomorrow I think the committee would look at things very differently and we would be a lock for an at-large. Losing both series to the 2 other teams remaining (Troy and ULL in regular season) probably doesn’t help either.

If we don’t make the championship game tomorrow I truly believe we might play ourselves out of the at-large bid. It will mean that we would have lost our last 7 of 16 games at that point. I don’t think a mid to high 30’s rpi will be strong enough to protect the end of the season woes. If Georgia State had managed to win our tournament and we were runner up we could have had 3 bids to the postseason.

Last edited by Bobbumman on Fri May 11, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 11, 2018 4:53 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'll admit I don't know as much about softball as baseball, but our RPI was 31 going into the tournament. Louisianas RPI was 21.

We're sun belt regular season champs. Have an RPI of 31. Are ranked like 23rd or something? 40 wins. If softball is anything like baseball we should be a lock for an at-large bid, especially if we get to the championship game.

Rematch with Troy about to start for a spot in the champ game tomorrow.

Fri May 11, 2018 5:02 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Beat Troy 9-5 in 9 innings. Plays Louisiana in final tomorrow @ 1pm.a

Fri May 11, 2018 8:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

thanks for the updates. gotta step up and knock ulala down at some point. if we can shake the longhorn monkey, we can shake the cajun one too.

:eatemup:

Sat May 12, 2018 8:47 am
True Bobcat Fan

2-2 through 4.

Sat May 12, 2018 2:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

@TXStateSoftball
T6 | TXST 5, LA 2
We head to the home half of the sixth inning with a three-run lead!

@TXStateSoftball
T6 | TXST 5, LA
Get ya someone that can do both! @haleighhh_d drills a two-run homer to give the Bobcats a three-run lead!

Sat May 12, 2018 2:39 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

The championship is ours! Quite the game and really proud to see them pull this one off.

EAT EM UP CATS!

Sat May 12, 2018 3:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

@TXStateSoftball
For the first time since joining the @SunBelt in 2014, Texas State softball takes home the conference tournament title!

Sat May 12, 2018 3:14 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I don’t know what anyone else thought about the overall ESPN + experience but the video/audio streaming quality was lightyears better than ESPN3. Probably not subject to blackouts either. The announcer was godawfully hard to listen to though.

What a day! I have to say with regular season and tournament championships I’m going to be really let down tomorrow to find out we aren’t hosting a regional. We should at least be placed in the #15/#16 regional now

Sat May 12, 2018 6:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Early forecasts has us in Florida State Regional playing Florida Atlantic.

That was before we knocked over ULL, so now we might can knock Baylor out of A&M Regional which would be great, they are next on our list for payback.

Sat May 12, 2018 7:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
What a day! I have to say with regular season and tournament championships I’m going to be really let down tomorrow to find out we aren’t hosting a regional. We should at least be placed in the #15/#16 regional now

Haha. You went from afraid we wouldnt make a regional to being let down that we won't host in the span of a day.

Fully expect us to be a 2 seed somewhere and that's probably fair.

Sat May 12, 2018 7:45 pm
True Bobcat Fan

You have to admit that was an insane turnaround from Thursday, X. Thursday marked the 3rd time we lost to ULL in a row. Things were not looking up for us at all. Being the #1 seed and having to play the #5 seed that had our number was not a good situation. Really proud of our gals out there to claw back and do the unlikely! UL may be the better squad but that doesn’t matter if our guys played beyond their ability. I really wish we could get 3 SBC teams into a regional but this year doesn’t look to be that year.

Sat May 12, 2018 8:55 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next