G5: LOSER 3 VS WINNER 4
COLLEGE STATION AGGIE SOFTBALL COMPLEXTV: TBA

G6: Winner 3 vs Winner 5 SUN, MAY 21 1:30PM

G6: WINNER 3 VS WINNER 5

G7: Winner 3 vs Winner 5 (if necessary) SUN, MAY 21 4PM

G7: WINNER 3 VS WINNER 5 (IF NECESSARY)

Who plans on heading there this weekend? If we were to head into game six 2-0 I'll be there for the regional championship game(s)

**hypothetically who would host the Super if us and #2 USC-upstate/OhioSt (I don't know which of those 2 teams got the #2 seed) both advanced out of region?

-Bill O'Brien

Mon May 15, 2017 4:14 pm
SuperCat

Post Re: College Station Regional
Heck, if we win on fri. afternoon--it's close enough to go sat and stay awhile to see what happens next. :sign:
does anyone how much tickets are? gen admit at that?

Mon May 15, 2017 7:46 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
Heck, if we win on fri. afternoon--it's close enough to go sat and stay awhile to see what happens next. :sign:
does anyone how much tickets are? gen admit at that?

Saw it on Twitter but I forget GA price. Reserved are $25.

Aggie website might have the info for GA

Mon May 15, 2017 9:52 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/ticke ... tball.aspx

Thu May 18, 2017 8:06 pm
SuperCat

Way to go cats. Another 2-1 win, this time in 12 innings. T Webb had the game winner.

Fri May 19, 2017 7:51 pm
SuperCat

College Station is calling to me. :-)

Fri May 19, 2017 8:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Austin American-Statesman (Hookem.com) granted

http://www.hookem.com/story/a-career-ni ... -softball/

COLLEGE STATION – For the third time this season, Texas softball fell to the Texas State Bobcats by a score of 2-1, this time at the College Station Regional in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
“Credit Texas State, I think they got the hits when they needed to,” Texas coach Connie Clark said. “It was a good battle, back and forth. Bottom line, I think when it came down to it they executed and when we had a couple opportunities to do that, we did not.”
A walk-off RBI single by Texas State first baseman Taylor Webb that scored center fielder Christiana McDowell in the bottom of the 12th ended a 1-1 tied that stood since the fourth inning.
Longhorn pitcher Tiarra Davis (8-10) took the loss while throwing a career-high 184 pitches in 11 2/3 innings of work. She allowed seven hits while also striking out seven.
“That was one of the grittiest games I’ve seen her in, probably the grittiest performance I’ve seen this year,” Clark said of Davis. “It’s right up there in the top five for her career. I just thought she was tremendous and that type of pitch count, 184 pitch count, something we haven’t gotten out of her all year. I thought she stayed very poised and gave us every opportunity.”
Davis called time with one out in the top of the 11th to have a trainer look at her left hand.  She said after the game it was a blister that popped but that she was fine.
She went on to strike out the next batter she faced and finished the inning but was pulled in the 12th with two outs. Brooke Bolinger replaced Davis and gave up the game-winning hit.
“We had a game plan going in,” Davis said. “The way their hitters were seeing me, it was time to make a change. As a competitor, you always want to stay out there, you always want to be out there for your team so it is what it is. We’re going to look forward to tomorrow and compete against whoever we have.”
Despite the long outing by Davis, Clark said that Davis could still play tomorrow when the Longhorns (31-25) face Texas Southern tomorrow in the elimination round.
“Right now, it’s a one-game season,” Clark said. “(Davis) will do what we need her to do, but we’ve got a group of other pitchers that will be able to help us through tomorrow as well.”
Texas State (42-15) got on the board first in the second inning with a one-run homer by third baseman Corrina Liscano over the center field wall.
With two outs in the fourth inning, Texas first baseman Kelli Hanzel tied the game with an RBI double that scored freshman catcher Taylor Ellsworth. Hanzel’s double was nearly a home run, bouncing off the center field wall just inches from the top of the fence.
Back-to-back doubles in the fifth inning by Texas left fielder Kaitlyn Washington and center fielder Stephanie Wong put the Longhorns in good position to score with runners on second and third with no outs. However, Texas wasn’t able to capitalize, stranding both runners.
Pinch hitter Randel Leahy and shortstop Devon Tunning were consecutively walked, both on four pitches by Texas State pitcher Randi Rupp (28-9), putting runners on first and second with two outs in the top of the seventh. Freshman second baseman Jade Gortarez struck out the next at bat, marking the second inning in which Texas left runners stranded. The Longhorns left 12 runners on base throughout the game.

Fri May 19, 2017 11:48 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

From ESPN

Don't call it an upset
To be clear, Texas State didn't upset Texas on Friday in a 12-inning marathon. The Bobcats entered with the better RPI. They were the stronger seed within the regional quartet. They beat Texas twice during the regular season. And that's exactly why Texas State's 2-1 win, secured on Taylor Webb's walk-off home run and thanks to ace Randi Rupp's complete game, is a big deal. Coach Ricci Woodard's program, with Rupp in the circle and with former Longhorns legend Cat Osterman as pitching coach, is not the Lone Star State's little sibling -- even if it took Rupp more innings than even Osterman ever had to pitch in the postseason.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/19421860/2017-ncaa-softball-tournament-james-madison-dukes-star-megan-good-top-oregon-state-waco-regional-opener

Sat May 20, 2017 8:34 am
SuperCat

a tough 3-1 loss to aggies today :( we just couldn't capitalize on bases loaded 2 times and another time with women 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and no runs to show for it. a quality outing for Rupp. should have won that game. let's hope we shake it off and win later today

Sat May 20, 2017 5:18 pm
SuperCat

need some clutch hitting

Sat May 20, 2017 5:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Had a no hitter and a 3-0 lead going into the 6th vs. Texas in an elimination game.

6-3 Texas now.

Sat May 20, 2017 9:04 pm
SuperCat

well we had a nice run and got an at large bid to regional. won 1 game, but why can't we take next step and make it to final? i know it takes baby steps, but aren't past that stage?

been a "Cats fan for years and seems all we get is teased, and i'm talking the marquis sports.

Sat May 20, 2017 9:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Some hint of respect here.

http://www.hookem.com/story/longhorn-so ... hup-texas/

COLLEGE STATION — Sometimes sports karma is kind to those who screw up, yet keep plugging away.
The Texas softball team found itself in an uncomfortable spot Saturday night The Longhorns were hit less at the plate. And for a moment, the defense fell apart as UT floundered to keep their season alive in an NCAA tournament elimination game against Texas State.
The Bobcats (42-17) scored two unearned runs in the top of the fifth. Both were set up on two throwing errors as UT failed to successfully field a sacrifice bunt. Then Texas State padded their lead to 3-0, when Bobcats first baseman Taylor Webb blasted a home run over the left field fence to lead off the sixth.
Yet the two Longhorns (33-25) who had throwing errors on the play _ Celina Felix and Kaitlyn Washington _ came back in the critical sixth inning to knock in a total of five runs and propel their team to a 6-3 victory over Texas State.
UT will meet Texas A&M, the host team  and the tournament’s ninth seed nationally, Sunday at 1:30 p.m. at the Aggies Softball Complex. The Longhorns, the regional’s third seed, will be the home team. If Texas wins, the two teams play again for a spot to the super regionals.
If A&M is victorious in the first game, the Aggies will clinch a spot. The winner of the College Station regional likely will play at Tennessee next weekend.
Earlier Saturday, Texas run ruled Texas Southern, 8-0, clinching the victory in the fifth inning. The Longhorns were forced into the losers bracket because of a 2-1, 12-inning defeat to Texas State, Friday night.
The Bobcats lost to A&M, 3-1, in the first game of the day Saturday, which was delayed 45 minutes because of lightning.
Texas celebrated their Saturday night win in a big way because the Longhorns finally beat Texas State this season after losing three straight.
“They say the third time’s a charm, but obviously it took us four,” said Texas coach Connie Clark.  “It’s been a challenge every time we’ve played them.”
The previous three games between the two teams had been 2-1 affairs, with Texas State pitcher Randi Rupp the victor in all of them.
But Rupp didn’t play against UT Saturday night. She’d pitched 19 innings in 24 hours and Bobcats coach Ricci Woodard said she was hoping to save Rupp for Sunday’s game.
Instead, Quincy Charleston, who’d never played against UT, got the nod, finding out about 45 minutes before the game started.
Charleston befuddled Texas, luring the Longhorns into hitting numerous ground balls. Texas State gave her a 2-0 run in the top of the fifth. Catcher Haleigh Davis walked to lead off the inning. Bailee Carter bunted to move Davis into scoring position. But Felix, UT’s third baseman, threw wildly to first base. Right fielder Washington scooped up the ball and threw towards third to keep Davis from advancing. But no Longhorn was covering third.
Instead, Davis scored an unearned run and Carter was awarded third. After UT pitcher Erica Wright struck out Christina McDowell, Kimberlin Naivar singled to bring in Carter for a second unearned run.
Finally, the Longhorns figured out Charleston. She’d kept them hit less through five, with UT managing only three base runners.
Then the offense exploded.
With runners on second and third, Felix singled up the middle to bring in two runs.
With two outs and the bases loaded freshman Tuesday Dermargosian legged out an infield hit, driving in Felix to tie the game.
Then Washington smashed a double to left field for three RBI.
A heavy rain began just as the Bobcats began their final inning. Wright, who notched the win, retired Texas State in order for a drama-free close of the game.
Clark wouldn’t say who would be pitching Sunday. She’s used three starters to far in two games.
Wright said the whole game Clark told the team to be positive and make adjustments to adapt to Charleston’s pitching.
Finally, they did.
“Hitting is contagious,” Clark said. “Soon as we started to open it up, good thinks happened.”

Sat May 20, 2017 11:18 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
a tough 3-1 loss to aggies today :( we just couldn't capitalize on bases loaded 2 times and another time with women 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and no runs to show for it. a quality outing for Rupp. should have won that game. let's hope we shake it off and win later today

This is spot on. Think we had as many as 8 runners in scoring position with 1 or less outs. All we had to do was hit 2 fly balls to have 2 of those 8 runners score and Ortiz should have made that play at short where they scored their 3rd run. Cats should have won that game 3-2 and shouldn't have been playing Texas in elimation play. Giving up a 6 spot in the the 6th just says that Woodard and the gals just didn't want it. Fully expected to head into today 2-0 and would have been fine with losing to the aggies at 1:30 and again at 3:30. That was how things probably should have gone

-Bill O'Brien

Sun May 21, 2017 11:05 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
Giving up a 6 spot in the the 6th just says that Woodard and the gals just didn't want it.

agreed. after living and breathing softball since childhood, it was at that very inning, the entire team had a change of heart. very surprising when they came to the plate in the 7th. figured they would just forfeit and head home.

Mon May 22, 2017 1:23 pm