Series Thread - Vs. Georgia State 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Series Thread - Vs. Georgia State
tiggercat wrote:
If you finish in the bottom 1/3 of the conference you shouldn't get to the conference tourney. Waste of time/money for all.

agreed.

Sun May 07, 2017 5:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

well we walked eight more today,
not to be out done, GSU walked eleven and hit five.
that's sixteen, sixteen, free bases and we lost

Sun May 07, 2017 5:33 pm
SuperCat

Tough weekend for the pitchers. For the 3 game series to the conference's worst ranked offense:

31 earned runs
36 hits
23 walks
10.33 ERA
2.2 WHIP
.342 batting avg against

When Ty was asked about the execution of his pitchers he replied, "I'm in favor of it"......sorry, old joke :lol:

Sun May 07, 2017 9:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Obvious statement is extremely obvious but we have to go all out for some pitchers for next year. Juco, HS, whatever. I cant remember seeing a group just fall apart like this. Absolutely no confidence. I'm not going to call anybody out by name but some of these guys are not college pitchers.

Sun May 07, 2017 9:33 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

LT Spider wrote:
Obvious statement is extremely obvious but we have to go all out for some pitchers for next year. Juco, HS, whatever. I cant remember seeing a group just fall apart like this. Absolutely no confidence. I'm not going to call anybody out by name but some of these guys are not college pitchers.

Have you ever seen a whole staff fall apart like this? I think that points to a problem with the pitching coach and not the players. If it was one guy falling off the map I would agree that he might be struggling, but 10-11 guys. Pitchers who were Friday/Saturday starters do not enter games now. That is on the coaching staff.

Sun May 07, 2017 10:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

tiggercat wrote:
and another 30+ loss season.

The last 30 loss seasons were 2015 (32) and 2006 (30).

Sun May 07, 2017 10:41 pm
SuperCat

x wrote:
tiggercat wrote:

Another = refers to an additional person or thing of the same type as one already mentioned or known about; one more; a further.

That would make 2 out of the last 3 and about 15 games under .500 for that same 3 yr period or if you need more trend analysis about 10 games under for the last 5 years. Props this season to 1) the offense for the multiple last/late inning comebacks and 2) the scheduler for the candy-ass schedule. Without both, this could have been a 38-40 loss season. Since won/loss records can be deceiving if you play a soft schedule, the RPI is another measuring stick. Likely to finish this year ~200. The 3 yr RPI avg is 171 and % yr avg is 147.

But let's wait until next year, maybe we can claw our way back to mediocrity.

Mon May 08, 2017 6:49 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Lots of good stats (bad actually) that have been mentioned and point to the real problem...
COACHING. This baseball program does LESS with MORE than almost every program around. Year in and year out they have brought in solid recruiting classes but don't develop them into a team that can win on a consistent basis and compete for a conference title, let alone a regional bid. It doesn't look like the players are responding to TY and haven't been for several years!!! It seems he's lost touch with players and the program is very unorganized. Until a handful of donors who are his supporters/buddies decide a change is needed, all we can expect is an average to below average baseball program because he isn't going anywhere. Teis knows what the program is NOT accomplishing, but isn't going to do anything about it.

Mon May 08, 2017 10:40 am
Bobcat Wannabe

When you have a team fall apart like this it is usually due to a big clubhouse problem. There has been one constant in this program and its downslide. I can tell you that the players have NO respect for the head coach. They don't trust him and don't play for him after the team hits a rough stretch. We have had players transfer to junior colleges so they could go to another D1 after a year Why? Because they hated and didn't trust the head coach. The last few years in the draft we have had some juniors that wanted to stay but they did not trust the head coach so they left. They weren't leaving for the money in the 20-30 round. This team has talent on the mound but they hate the head coach and the way he micromanages the entire team.We have had some very good high school players that wanted to come to TXSTATE but turned down offers because they and/or their parents did not like the head coach and one of them is from San Marcos. We have lost assistants in recent years because they couldn't stand or work for the head coach. One of them even took a job he didn't like away from coaching to get out of here for a year and now is an assistant at another sunbelt team. It will be interesting to see how many freshmen will transfer this year. The problem is the moral of the team brought on by the attitude and daily workings of the head coach. Hell the players went to him and asked if he would let the assistants run practice and he told them NO. This program will not change until the top of the program changes. However it helps the head coaches case when you are buddy buddy with the owner of the only train car suite in the country who in turn is buddy buddy with an AD who's sole purpose is to see how much someone can donate. TY PLEASE RETIRE!!!!!!

Mon May 08, 2017 10:57 am
SuperCat

Yep, all of the above is correct.
Can't even mention the problem with the team is the staff around certain donors.
I know.

Mon May 08, 2017 11:26 am
True Bobcat Fan

tiggercat wrote:
x wrote:
tiggercat wrote:

Another = refers to an additional person or thing of the same type as one already mentioned or known about; one more; a further.

Copycat.

Mon May 08, 2017 11:56 am
Bobcat Wannabe

It'll be interesting to see how many fresh/soph decide to leave after this year. I'm sure some will be asked to leave, while others will do so on their own. The interesting part will be how they will juggle the scholarships. I say this because I can only see one legitimate draft pick at this time. Hoffman has had a good year and from what I've heard, he's going even if he's the last pick in the draft. Sherley and Scheible have had solid years, but Hoffman has the most upside. So if only one player leaves and they've committed money to the signees, the numbers game will be interesting. :?

Mon May 08, 2017 2:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

There will have to be attrition regardless.

We are likely only losing 4 guys combined to graduation and the draft. There aren't enough roster spots available for everyone to stay. Hopefully we can keep the guys who can help us win and lose those who can't. Teis should send Harrington to Kaspar's office for a day so professor Kaspar can teach positive attrition 101.

Mon May 08, 2017 3:49 pm