Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Series Thread - @ Troy - ESPN3 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5624
Location: New Braunfels
Reply with quote
Post Re: Series Thread - @ Troy - ESPN3
x wrote:
- Do we have a closer?


The answer to this appears to be no. Couldn't close out game two going to the bottom of the ninth with a 3-2 lead. Powell was asked to pitch the 7th, 8th, and 9th but couldn't quite get it done, though the run in the 9th was unearned of course thanks to our defense having such a bad weekend.

Early in the season I questioned the strength and conditioning. Now we appear to be having a rash of injuries.
- Huber didn't make the trip to Troy at all.
- Ortega didn't play at all in game 2 and DH'd in game 3. He has to be injured. There's no way we'd play Scott if we didn't have to right?
- Nice to see Newman back in the lineup but he obviously isn't healthy enough to play in the field.
- Scheible didn't play game 3 at all. I think he's sick and not hurt but still.


Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:34 pm
Posts: 2810
Location: The Lair
Reply with quote
Post Re: Series Thread - @ Troy - ESPN3
how can this many games, how can we not have a closer?

_________________
RALPH, THE SWIMMING PIG, LIVES IN MY HEART!
Bobcat Club member
Blind Salamander member


Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:35 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:45 pm
Posts: 4919
Location: at the neighboring pub...
Reply with quote
Post Re: Series Thread - @ Troy - ESPN3
Canaquedista Man wrote:
how can this many games, how can we not have a closer?


welcome to the world of Harrington recruiting/coaching/conditioning.

_________________
I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.


Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:37 pm
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:39 pm
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
Post Re: Series Thread - @ Troy - ESPN3
bleed gold wrote:
Canaquedista Man wrote:
how can this many games, how can we not have a closer?


welcome to the world of Harrington recruiting/coaching/conditioning.


Recruiting is fine. Was fine. 2014 class was stacked with pitchers...Montana Parsons, Tyler Giovani(one is at Baylor the other at UTSA). 2015 was another loaded class...JO, Newman. Pitchers were all highly recruited. There is even a high MLB draft prospect coming out of high school who has yet to see the field this season. This years class has yielded some great arms too...Leigh, Fraze, Bosse, but we are seeing them drift off. Development is the problem. Our players don't get better, period. They get worse as the season wears on. The team will be lucky if Trout doesn't bolt for a better job somewhere else. Year is over.


Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:53 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5624
Location: New Braunfels
Reply with quote
Post Re: Series Thread - @ Troy - ESPN3
BobcatEXpat wrote:
bleed gold wrote:
Canaquedista Man wrote:
how can this many games, how can we not have a closer?


welcome to the world of Harrington recruiting/coaching/conditioning.


Recruiting is fine. Was fine. 2014 class was stacked with pitchers...Montana Parsons, Tyler Giovani(one is at Baylor the other at UTSA). 2015 was another loaded class...JO, Newman. Pitchers were all highly recruited. There is even a high MLB draft prospect coming out of high school who has yet to see the field this season. This years class has yielded some great arms too...Leigh, Fraze, Bosse, but we are seeing them drift off. Development is the problem. Our players don't get better, period. They get worse as the season wears on. The team will be lucky if Trout doesn't bolt for a better job somewhere else. Year is over.


Couldn't disagree more about Fraze. He's gotten better and better throughout the season.
Reich also really. Those two are by far the biggest bright spots on the pitching staff this year. The key is holding onto them. Losing quality young arms like Parsons hurts.


Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:08 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5624
Location: New Braunfels
Reply with quote
Post Re: Series Thread - @ Troy - ESPN3
Engle to start at Baylor Tuesday night.


Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:49 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:35 am
Posts: 746
Location: Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: Series Thread - @ Troy - ESPN3
Last 25 games of the season

2014: 10-14 (TX game cancelled, weather)

2015: 9-15 (TX game cancelled, weather)

2016: 10-15

2017: 2-12 with 11 to play

This is the time of the year when you want your club doing two things: Challenging for a Championship and playing its Best Baseball.

Why do we suck so badly at "Winning Time?"

_________________
Supporting all things Bobcat since 1899.


Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:55 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group